Canon 6D installation- ML/DATA/FONTS.DAT NOT FOUND

Started by Guerrilla.56, April 01, 2014, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guerrilla.56

I followed a tutorial on installing ML for my Canon 6D, going through all the steps of downgrading to Firmware 1.1.2, formatting the card, back to 1.1.3 firmware with the ML files, etc. After the final step of the process, which seemed to work for most people commenting on the tutorial, I turned on my 6D and saw the following messages at the top of my screen in the following order:
ML/DATA/FONTS.DAT retry
Then it says ML/DATA/FONTS.DAT not found!

At that point, the screen glitches out with colors and I shut off the camera.
I tried looking into the 'Files to Run ML for 1.1.3" folder for the FONTS.DAT file, and adding it to my SD card individually in addition to adding the main folder it was in.
Nothing changed. Does anyone have any advice or insight into this problem?

This is the tutorial I used, and the source for the ML files : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvK_imr-C7M
Thanks!

Audionut

Guerrilla.56

Ok great, thanks! Are there any steps i should take to undo the changes Ive already made to my camera before I start your recommended installation? I'm new to this and worried about bricking my baby.

Audionut

Guerrilla.56

Thanks a lot, you're awesome.
If my camera explodes, I'll send you the bill ;)
By the way, if I ever have to send the camera in for repairs under warranty, will I have to make any changes, like uninstalling ML?

nanomad

It's better if you do but I wouldn't worry too much about it
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Guerrilla.56

I followed those simple instructions and it installed. I didn't understand the message at the bottom about waiting 25 seconds for the bootflag thing, so I waited - then restarted. It didn't work. So I re-installed the firmware and didnt wait - then it worked.
Thanks a lot guys!