Recently removed threads

Started by Frank7D, March 27, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank7D

Without wanting to cause anyone offense, and understanding that the owners of this site can maintain it as they see fit, I have a question regarding the recently removed threads pertaining to third party builds. One of these in particular contained a conversation regarding the development and testing of a variant build which took place over many months and had been viewed 10's of thousands of times. Given that the bulk of the software being tested and discussed there was identical to magic lantern, there is no doubt that much of the information there was and is relevant to magic lantern. I am wondering if this discussion still exists somewhere or if it is gone now. I feel it has at least historical value and in some cases dealt with issues that still pertain to magic lantern. Would allowing it to remain but locking it so no further comments can be made make sense? Again, no offense intended and many thanks for all that has been provided to us here (free of cost).

a1ex

Sometimes starting fresh can be good. It is our fault for not taking action earlier.

The history is still there for developers and moderators, but I don't see much point in keeping it for regular users. Eventually I want to remove all references to Tragic Lantern from the forum.

Marsu42

Quote from: Frank7D on March 27, 2014, 09:10:09 PMI feel it has at least historical value and in some cases dealt with issues that still pertain to magic lantern. Would allowing it to remain but locking it so no further comments can be made make sense?

Damnatio memoriae is an ancient tradition reaching back more than five thousand years - why change it now :-) ... However, I do hope that people don't get a system warning from the vigilant mod if they happen to mention the T* word in the forum in the future.

Audionut

Are there vigilant moderators here  :P