Started by ted ramasola, March 27, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaalexi

Help:XXX is not possible in current mode , Max 0
Hi,lovely guys in the forum~
I'm a totally rookie in M L
just picked up my old 5DII and tried to take some RAW videos,
but I found that the MLV function can not work,
I can't select any resolution,even the lowest 640 , and it said (640 is not possible in current mode,max 0)
The CF card is Sandisk Ultra 16GB 50M/S, It's an old card and I know that speed is not so fast,
but I did the speed test,write 48mb/s, read 75mb/s,
I thought maybe the card supports the lowest resolution,right?
or,is there something wrong with the camera body?
Help me please!!!

Walter Schulz

In Canon menu set video resolution 1080p.
In movie mode, press magnify button 5x. Enter ML menu and adjust a rather low resolution there.
Retry.

aaalexi

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 31, 2019, 07:24:59 PM
In Canon menu set video resolution 1080p.
In movie mode, press magnify button 5x. Enter ML menu and adjust a rather low resolution there.
Retry.
Thanks for the reply Sir!I tried those steps you said ,and it still max 0..........

Walter Schulz

There is a snapshot option in Debug tab. Gives you 10 seconds after selecting it to browse to a menu. It will generate a VRAMx.PPM file. Convert to JPEG/PNG, upload them somewhere an link here.
Show
Module screen
Movie screen
MLV submenu with resolution setting visible.

aaalexi

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 31, 2019, 07:41:23 PM
There is a snapshot option in Debug tab. Gives you 10 seconds after selecting it to browse to a menu. It will generate a VRAMx.PPM file. Convert to JPEG/PNG, upload them somewhere an link here.
Show
Module screen
Movie screen
Thank you again Sir! and the are the snapshots

aaalexi

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 31, 2019, 07:41:23 PM
Show
Module screen
Movie screen
oops ,why the snapshots didn't show... here are the links https://imgur.com/N4CQuDI  https://imgur.com/3UGT38x  https://imgur.com/vMh7GrA  https://imgur.com/SxUIkra

Walter Schulz

You have to enter movie mode to record movies ...

aaalexi

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 31, 2019, 08:03:02 PM
module screen and liveview screen https://imgur.com/F5ZwQqB  https://imgur.com/VIAE0nF
what??? movie mode??? what I understand the movie mode is in the liveview then you could press set to take the movie.....
what I understand is wrong for so many years?? LOL....
and how to turn on the movie mode??? Please~

aaalexi

Sir,are you still there?? help me please!

aaalexi

Oh, I fonud the answer,In the Liveview function settings I didn't select that "Movie display" ,so many years I never learn whats different about those selections.....Im a totally idiot!!LOL!
at last, thank you soooooo much for the help sir! god bless you!

Macke1

hi, is there anyone who knows which button fixes autofocus when filming, i can´t find the button?! or is it only manualfocus?! it worked on my 700d?!

theBilalFakhouri

@Macke1

Why not to ask on 700D thread?

Not sure, but maybe disabling "small hacks" under mlv_lite submenu it will fix Autofocus when shooting RAW video, try and feedback please.

The autofocus is working while shooting H.264 right? You are talking about RAW video in none crop mode ? If not maybe you should adjust autofocus settings from Canon menus, and as far as I know the autofocus doesn't work in x5 mode.

Macke1

sorry, im on 5d markii and shooting mlv, i will try this and come back

reddeercity

I don't use auto focus , but if I remember right auto focus only works before you record raw video no while recording (raw video that is) .

OlRivrRat

RedDeerCity Is correct > 5D2 does not have Full Time AF during Vid' Rec' ~

70D was the 1st EOS DSLR able to do that ~
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

marcelolippi

hi guys, i would like to understand what is the latest experimental build for the 5dmk2. I have installed the February version of reddeercity but all the modules give error as soon as I restart the cam. Tips?

masc

Quote from: marcelolippi on April 21, 2019, 10:12:53 AM
hi guys, i would like to understand what is the latest experimental build for the 5dmk2. I have installed the February version of reddeercity but all the modules give error as soon as I restart the cam. Tips?
Read first post of the thread of reddeercity carefully and do exactly what he wrote, then you won't get errors.
Otherwise download one of the latest nightly builds, or 10/12bit experimentals from download section.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

marcelolippi

I succeeded, thanks for the advice, Redeercity changed the resolution of the crop, I can't find the resolution 28xx, anyway the visualization problems are many, I use eosm too and I was looking for a similar setting to the version of Danne.

Macke1

Hey! I saw a video about crop mode. There shutter speed went down from 50 to lower. Can't find the instructional movie now. I can no longer see crop mode in the magic lantern menu. Does it still work? I film and press magnification 5x. ??! please help. I have canon markii and the latest ML

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Macke1 on April 23, 2019, 09:38:59 PM
I have canon markii and the latest ML

Fine, no link to video. So what are we talking about? Does "no longer see" mean you had a version where it was?
Have you tried to press the magnify button and adjusting resolution before record start?
And which is the latest ML?
- magiclantern-Nightly.2018Jul03.5D2212.zip
- magiclantern-lua_fix.2019Mar20.5D2212.zip
- magiclantern-raw_video_10bit_12bit.2019Mar24.5D2212.zip
- magiclantern-crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_experiments_waza57.2019Mar22.5D2212.zip
- 2.6k_5d2_R_T_PreView_4-7-2019_crop_rec.rar

Macke1

sorry, i saw the video last evening, but can't remember where in the forum, i will try another search, sorry to bother you. latest nightly build for my camera

Macke1

i cant find the latest try out, experimental for filming crop mode 3x? can someone help please. is it this - magiclantern-crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_experiments_waza57.2019Mar22.5D2212.zip

gzhjb

Hi everyone, I just bought my Canon 5D Mark II this year 2019. Yes, in 2019.

I tried the latest version of ML on my 5D Mark II but failed.

After reading some posts, I noticed that many people succeeded with "magiclantern-Nightly.2016Feb24.5D2212.zip". So I did installed this version on my 5D Mark II. Happily I found it working all good, at least it is able to shoot at RAW format now.

Hope this can help some new comers.

You can easily find this version on the download page and dig in a little bit on the old versions.

Or you can use this link, it is exactly the same address as I mentioned.

https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/5D2.212/391/artifact/platform/5D2.212/magiclantern-Nightly.2016Feb24.5D2212.zip

Happy ML.  8)

OlRivrRat

@gzhjb

"I tried the latest version of ML on my 5D Mark II but failed."

Please give the Name of Which Version Failed & Better Details of the Failure.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)