Canon 5D Mark II / 5D2

Started by ted ramasola, March 27, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmilligan

You can't. Upload it somewhere else and post the link.

OlRivrRat

@ Assocracer

The Root Level of Your Card Should look something like this ~

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Steve%20and%20Dean
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

OlRivrRat

OK, So Why does only the link show up & not the actual Image as attachments do in other peoples Posts?

nikfreak

The link doesn't contain a file with a picture ending like .jpg / .png / .gif.
Btw your link contains space characters and additionally wants me to "login" to dropbox which again is contraproductive as embedding images requires public access.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak

I Agree 100% about it being CounterProductive but that is the Link that DropBox provided for me to Share & said that it would make the

image available to any one that had the Link. I'll try to find somewhere else to UpLoad to.

ORR ~ DeanB

reddeercity

Happy New Year fellow 5D2 Users  :D
Don't mean to double post this but thought is was important everyone is up to dated .
Just wanted to inform all 5d2 uses that if you don't all really know there a 10-12bit raw video reduction discussion thread going on here
There is success with the 5D2 in Crop Mode @ 10bit but full frame has corruption still and not very functional
The issue is the liveview is still in 14bits and causes problems , but for some reason unknow (at least to me ) in works in 3xCrop mode  :o
Don't expect any nightly here for some time , if you want to try it out and help to get the 5d2 working in full frame go to the  12-bit (and 10-bit) RAW video development discussion

I shot a quick green test that turned in to a quick talk/explanation of 10-12bit  ;D
quick facts , Filmed with my 5D2 @ 10bit 2144x1076 23.976p with mlv2.0+audio (11,190 frames) about 8:00 min
Write speed was about 65MB/s , more info at this post here

Edit: I uploaded this video as apple prores4444

ilia3101

@reddeercity You say in the video about the possibility of the crop frame being expanded? Possibility of 3K for 5D2! even if not 3k any expansion is welcome no matter how small... where on the forum can I read more about that? must have missed it in 10 days off before new year.
Also I just got a KomputerBay 128GB 1066x, and it constantly writes 75.8-76.2MB/s, much slower than my Lexar 32GB 1066x which is 76.8-77.3MB/s (sometimes hitting 77.4), so did I get a slow KomputerBay?

reddeercity

Quote from: Ilia3101 on January 06, 2017, 09:34:23 PM
@reddeercity You say in the video about the possibility of the crop frame being expanded?
Possibility of 3K for 5D2! even if not 3k any expansion is welcome no matter how small... where on the forum can I read more about that?
A1ex made a small statement here
QuoteUseful commits to watch: adtg_gui.c and qemu branch.
Tip: while doing this, you might understand interesting things, such as how to change the LiveView resolution, .
how to move the recorded area around, how to adjust the speed of your SD card or how to tweak picture style parameters (just some examples).
very interesting responds here by g3gg0 lead me to believe the possibility exists in theory .

spydoo

Hi.

I'm a newbie to ML, and have installed it on one of my 600Ds. I'm looking at upgrading to a 5Dii or iii. A ii would suit my budget much better.

Can I shoot continuous RAW 1080p with a 5Dii and ML (or at least close to it) without being at expert videographer level?
Or would I need to go to a 5Diii?
Or are there other models cheaper then the mark iii that are still producing 1080p RAW without days of tinkering required?
Are there any other reasons why a 5Diii is compelling for video compared to a 5Dii?

Thanks for bearing with a newbie, sorry if it's a silly question.

Ultura

Hi
With a decent cf card how many minutes can i record at 1920x818 24fps?

Walter Schulz

Bandwidth required:
Vertical resolution * Horizontal resolution * Bit Depth * frame rate / 8 = Byte /s
1920 x 818 x 14 x 24 / 8 = 65963520 Byte/s
About 63 MByte/s and that will give you about 64 minutes using a 256 GByte card.

masorrentino

I'm new to this so please forgive me if this is an ignorant post.
I tried this build and had an issue with translucent grey bars (letterbox-like) on video live view for the Canon 5D Mark ii.
Couldn't shut them off when using an Atomos Ninja via HDMI out.
Reverted to the December build and it was all good.

a1ex

a1ex

Noticed the focus backend is broken on 5D2 since early 2016. In particular, follow focus commands are sent only once per second, at least with 24/2.8 STM.

Anyone else can reproduce on different lenses?

ilia3101

I think I can confirm, when holding down arrow the focus goes buzz, nothing, buzz, nothing... until infinity or minimum distance. Lens was a 19-35 Cosina, if that counts as one

domienz

hi guys i have several issues,

i got lexar 64gb 800x card, test ruesults say im able to write around 60-65 mb/s

but, even 1600*900 24 fps no sound, i started to have frame loss. below this resolution it will be meaningless, i dont know somehow it crops the sensor right? whatever, raw video also takes huge storage, im not professional videographer,

i just wanted to record with high quality.

1- i made cbr 1,5x with sound : its okay.
2- whatever i make higher than 1.5 with sound, it stops.
3- if i mute sound i am able to capture 3.0x cbr.

is there any advice for me who has 800x lexar 64gb card? i dont have to much time to spend on raw video, just want to record my friends etc, and also i need global screen to see focus pick

what is the best pick_? THANKS

arboldeconfianza

Hi!, i wanna recording dual iso with my camera, but i cant with last night!, what is the state of DUAL ISO ?...is possible share night link of dualiso old for 5d mark ii?

ilia3101

@arboldeconfianza 5D mark ii does have dual iso but only for photo officially. But dual iso for video on 5D2 was made a while ago: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16854.0 It is not in the main builds cos it was crashy, sometimes when you zoom in to focus or just randomly it locks up and requires a battery pull, but can be used for the odd shot. Maybe it is easy to fix? ;)

stuartsjg

Hello,

I used Nightly.2016Dec19.5D2212 for around a month and it was very good, amazed by the raw quality. 

My workflow was raw2cdng (1.7.9 to produce 16-bit files) then Revolve to produce cineform then After Effects for what it does.

All worked fine, two bugs;

1. When previewing a still photo and zooming, the zoom goes all the way in (possibly intentional)
2. The sound would have a clipped noise lasting perhaps less than 1 sec somewhere, normally at the start, of a recording

Ive changed to Nightly.2017Mar12.5D2212 and found the following:

A.  Point 1 above still happens, so perhaps intentional but annoying
B.  I thought point 2 had stopped but in the 10 clips or so this evening to test/play, the noise happened in one or two
C.  Taking a still (any mode, no ML, just power on and take a photo) when the preview appears on screen, for a moment it displays as normal (i.e. as canon firmware would show it) but then the screen breaks up and states the error "raw error, falling back to yuv overlays" before going dark.
D.  When in liveview ML, using the zoom buttons to zoom in to allow focusing, sometimes gives me black and white/green/b&w noise
E.  I have the magic zoom focus window set to focus ring mode, medium size, 3:1.  With 2016Dec19, during recording i could adjust the focus ring to bring up the window, however in Mar12 i can only get it up (!) when not recording.

Perhaps some of these are known bugs (A i have seen mentioned a few pages back), others may be new.  Perhaps somebody can advise if its just a settings issue?

Thanks,
Stuart

xvince1

Hi a1ex,

Any hope for a 4k 10bit support on a next 5D2's builds ?  :-\

nikfreak

Unfortunately latest discoveries won't make the CF card writing speeds faster. We would first need to achieve extended recording resolutions. Afterwards you could drive some more tests but my gut feeling says something around 2.5k 14bit lossless could be possible.

Any hope for a 4k 10bit support on a next 5D2's builds ?

maybe 1st April 2018?

xvince1

Sorry about that, I didn't follow the last 5D2 build, I've only seen the 5D3 news on eosHD. I don't know exactly the CF writing speeds of 5D3 but as RAW capabilities were close with 5D2...  :)

nikfreak

5d3 has much better write performance and the news for 5D3 you were referring to are all fine for the 5D3. Check the following list for more details on write speed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cgnRivbUv7nA9PUlCLmLdir3gXdIN3pqzCNAAybepc/edit#gid=5

5D2 has unfortunately less write speed and therefore reduced recording capabilities. For the moment crop mode only delivers 2144 x 1076  until someone implement greg's resolution hack.

reddeercity

Quote from: nikfreak on April 02, 2017, 07:14:49 PM
until someone implement greg's resolution hack.
Myself and others are on it.

poromaa

Happy to see all activity here again.
Haven't updated ML on my 5D2 since Jan 2015. Is there any easy way to see what is new since then? Tried to read trough the builds, but hard to see what each thing is (feature or fix or feature for other camera?)

The jan2015 version has a almost working silent.mo and fully working mlv_rec (that I have used in production many times).

Anything new or improved here? Worth an upgrade?