Canon 5D Mark II / 5D2

Started by ted ramasola, March 27, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mz

Quote from: ted ramasola on March 27, 2014, 09:00:05 AM

hey guys, according to ted ramasola's guide (see above, from the 3rd post in this thread), it should be possible to record *.mlv with sound @ 25 fps in 1728x972 ... but how do i set this resolution?

the "RAW video (MLV)"-submenu doesn't show any options between "1600" and "1920" (neither in full mode, nor in 3x crop mode - see screenshot below); also i'm not able to locate other menu items for setting custom resolutions.

i'm quite sure there is an easy solution but I can't see the wood for the trees. my searches in this forum and elsewhere didn't turn up much ...

thank you!

ilia3101

@mz  Without opening the menu up like that, use the scroll wheel on top of the camera to adjust the resolution in increments of 32 pixels.

reddeercity

@mz , I give you a hint A.R. (Aspect Ratio)  ;)

mz

@Ilia3101: now that was easy ... thank you so much!
@reddeercity: it also works in 16:9  :)

nexiabass

Hello!

I just installed Magic Lantern on my 5d mkii.
In the EXPO tab, iso settings, i can select iso 100 to 12800.
Why not 25600?

Thanks in advance, Thomas

ilia3101

@nexiabass iso 25600 is only in photo mode, but you can use magic lantern iso options to boost it 1 stop for h264 video.

And a question to anyone who knows, why did raw_rec disappear?? looking through the builds, it has not been there since the start of September, so is it a bug or intentionally done? Or is there going to be a switch to MLV Lite?
I'll be really sad if it's gone as it only seemed to get faster every build and could record 1856x1044 continuously until my 32gb Lexar 1066x filled up. Is this the end of raw_rec?

a1ex

I didn't notice the build failed, and yours was the first report.

Yes, I want to replace it with MLV Lite as well, just need to test the latest changes.

nexiabass

@Ilia3101

I can set (in photo mode) iso H2 directly with the camera.
Then i go to the expo tab, change the iso settings in any direction there - and iso 25600 is not available anymore if changed. (Only through Canon Setting H1)
Is this a bug or a feature?  :)

ilia3101

@nexiabass It took me a while to understand what exactly you are doing there, but I see now. I tried changing it through ML menu and it does seem to avoid going to 25600 after going down. Not sure if its a bug or a feature, maybe its there to stop you using too much Canon digital iso, but I don't know it might be a bug.

yobarry

Quote from: marcbkk on August 26, 2016, 04:12:19 PM
Hello Everyone. I have two quick questions when running ML on a 5D Mark II please:

1 - I have focus peaking enabled in ML, but when I have the lens set to manual focus, and I am using live view, I don't see any focus peaking lines. Do I need to enable something else in order to get the focus peaking working?

2 - When I zoom now on a photo that has already been captured by the camera it first zooms all the way in to 100% zoom in one single click, rather than by small increments. It used to zoom in small increments a little at a time before I installed ML I believe. Is there a way to set the zoom to work the default way that it used to (in small increments) when running Magic Lantern?

Cheers...

@marcbkk
I'm having this same issue, did you happen to find a solution?

jean7007

In my case
Canon 5dmkii
Mac sierra
Sandisk

I had to put the Canon firmware on the card as well as the contents of the folder ML
Before the 5dmkii would recognise the firware update

Deadcode

I was able to test few lenses with my 5D Mark II on the PhotoExpo2016 in Hungary

I used 1728x972 25p 14bit with a Lexar 64GB 1066x card with GlobalDraw On.

This is a dirty and shaky lens test be prepared to get dizzy :)

https://youtu.be/j0qjPi1EYGE

20, 24, 35, 45, 50, 70, 85, 135, 200mm lens are used from different manufacturers

35mm F1.8 Tamron is the winner for me, that lens stabilisation is awesome

arieper

Hi

I'm recording magic lantern raw on a 5d2 and looking for the biggest and fastest cf card available. Has anyone tried 128 GB sandisk extreme pro 160 Mb/s?
As far as I have researched that card should be compatible with the 5d2, but I haven't yet heard of anybody recording raw with a 128 GB CF card on a 5D2.
How can that be?

If have searched all threads here and elsewhere.

best

Adam

66dellwood

I have only recently been trying to record decent sound with raw video on my 5D2.  I have good in-camera results with a BeachTek preamp and various microphones with h.264 files.

When recording at 1856x1044/23.9 fps I seem to be loosing audio sync.   When I down rez to 1280x720/ 23.9, sync is fine.

Does 1856x1044 with sound overtax the 5d2?

Curious if anyone has experience with various resolutions and sound recording.

tomaszchrapek

Hi guys
Strange problem I have - ML install fails on my cacanon 5Dmk2 - it looks good until I reboot the camera but afterwards it doens´t boot to ML and going to default Canon without ML menus and so on. My card is Sandisk extreme pro 16GB.
What do you think? Any ideas?

Walter Schulz

reddeercity

@tomaszchrapek , cycle thought the Info bottom on the middle left hand side of LCD screen . There should be 4 different screens , full magic lantern overlays , Canon with just a focus box and on the low bottom of screen (battery icon , Iso icon , exposure compensator meter , f-stop, lens length) , Full canon overlays , last full canon overlays with RGB exposure meters.
If you press the trash can bottom does magic lantern menu startup ?

What night build date? 

OlRivrRat

Real Helpful Walter -> Hope You Didn't Sprain anything typing that. Would You care to share just what it is

that You think TomasZchrapek might want to look for in the Owners Man'.
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

OlRivrRat

@TomasZchrapek

Give more details on " it looks good until I reboot " ~ What M'L' Files do You have on Your Card? Take a ScreenShot

of the Cards Root Directory & Post It ~

ORR ~ DeanB

Assocracer

The latest nightly build looks different from what I'm used to.  There are a bunch of files in the .zip file, not the usual ML folder and the autoexec.bin.  Instructions say to copy the folder and the .bin file, but there is no folder anymore?

Walter Schulz

User error. Nothing wrong with this build. Directory structure unchanged.
Use a decent unzip utility and make sure to have "restore directory structure" (or else) checked.

Assocracer

Ok, file and folder are on the CF card.  When I go to update firmware (currently running 2.1.2) it says that firmware needs to be on the CF card.  So am I also supposed to put the Canon firmware file on the card (something the instructions don't state)?

Walter Schulz

May I quote the installation instructions?
QuoteCopy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

OlRivrRat

I would like to reply to Assocracer & Add an Attachment but can't find a way to Add an Attachment.

Could someone please provide some assistance on this?

OlRivrRat

Would Someone Please explain how to Add Attachments to Posts - Thank You .