Canon 5D Mark II / 5D2

Started by ted ramasola, March 27, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas132

Thanks a million, that solved the issue!

Riwikidi

Quote from: Riwikidi on January 24, 2015, 09:51:18 AM
    Hi how is it possible to review the ML histogram of previous made raw photos?
Quote from:Audionut
No, not currently.  There is a thread about in the feature request section IIRC.

Hi i am not sure if you guys know but i noticed pushing the Q while review previously photos pops up the histogram. It looks like the ML histogram.

a1ex

That's a JPEG-based histogram.

Riwikidi

Thanks a1ex.  :)

I am puzzled now. The main reason why i am trying to get ML working is the raw histogram feature. I had no clue ML is also showing an jpg based histogram as well. Fooled because of the difference with the Canon histogram display and that AETTR was working. Now i understand i still have been watching the jpg display. ::)

However; now i understand RAW hist. is only seen in LV. Although i have the same settings as shown in OVERLAY pics on  http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12096.0 it doesn't come up. Only the horizontal info at the bottom is shown on my 5d2. What am i missing??

searched on "display raw histogram"  (Sorry, no matches were found)

Audionut

Quote from: Audionut on May 29, 2014, 05:41:00 PMThey work in both Movie mode and Photo mode Live View, and in the Quick Image review.  In Movie mode Live View, you must load one of the raw recording modules for raw based exposure feedback to function.

Also check the "Use RAW histogram" option.  Finally, pay attention to the RAW EV indicator, if it isn't in the histogram, you're in JPG mode.

Riwikidi

thanks Audionut,
i did:
loaded raw_rec v1.0 = ok (restarted twice)
OVERLAY = histogram/use raw histogram/ full histogram (Was already active.)

I'm afraid i am still missing something, pushed all the buttons while in LV, no RAW histogram pops up nore in Photo mode Live View, nore in the Quick Image review.

BTW i am only interested in taking photos.

Riwikidi

Unloaded raw_rec v1.0 and loaded mlv_rec.mo  v2.0 , but makes no difference.

Audionut

Can you delete the entire contents of your card, copy a freshly extracted nightly build zip to the card, enable raw based histogram and take a photo.

Make sure image review is set to some time in canon settings.

If it still doesn't work, can you take a short video showing the histogram settings and then taking a photo.

Walter Schulz

Audionut didn't request to load RAW_REC.mo or MLV_REC. But it would make no difference at all for this problem ...
And to see ML overlays in LV you have to press INFO some times.

Audionut

Do the overlays stay active, or do you always have to press info on the 5D2?

Raw recording module must be loaded (edit: and active iirc) for raw based exposure feedback in movie mode LV.

Walter Schulz

Sorry, should keep my fingers from keyboard before breakfast!

Riwikidi

- I have image review always set on long time exposing.

- Pressing INFO popups a line with same info as written under the preview image. And a white bordered rectangle is shown for max 1 sec. I suppose there is where the histogram should appear. But it is empty, just the white border with the rest of the photo in it.

- Raw recording module is loaded and active I guess: the  bullet is green and it says OK

I will  delete the entire contents of my card, and copy a freshly extracted nightly build zip to it. I will report after, but not sure when due circumstances.

Thanks for looking into this!  :)

Riwikidi

"If it still doesn't work, can you take a short video showing the histogram settings and then taking a photo."
i will try that first, when i can figure out how to take a video. Since i am really only interested in stills. :)

Audionut

Delete everything and do a clean install first please.

For video, a phone is fine, it doesn't need to be high quality, just enough to see things.

dariSSight

ML you guys have taking my 5D Mark II to the next level so I wanted to first state that if the ML 5D Mark II firmware is at its ceiling I am very greatful and I Thank You Guys very much. Now for my leading project for this year is a Pilot Episode, I've use a lot of firmware version and I have a few I use for projects but up to date what are the best stable firmware version? I also want to shoot 2:1 format, does anyone have any tips on shoot in 2:1 because this is the format that was use for House Of Cards and I like it because it can be covered well for UHDTV?
Canon 5D Mark II

Sane__

Hello i got two questions.First if i shoot 2:35:1 resolution is below Full HD but does the quality is actually lower or just crops the sensor?If i use letterbox  2:35:1 will there be any quality difference between full hd and max 2:35-1 resolution in 5dmark2.Also what is the best 32 gb CF card you've used beside Komputerbay which have very mixed opinions?

reddeercity

Quote from: Sane__ on February 07, 2015, 11:03:02 PM
If i shoot 2:35:1 resolution is below Full HD but does the quality is actually lower or just crops the sensor?
It All 14bit , No Quality differences . All Frame resolutions are Cropped from the 3:2 Sensor of 1880x1250 (.raw) & 1872x1250 (.mlv), Of which you can only
record a few seconds .

Quote from: Sane__ on February 07, 2015, 11:03:02 PM
what is the best 32 gb CF card you've used beside Komputerbay which have very mixed opinions?

I personal Use Lexar 1000x & 1066x , The 1066x is about 10 to 15% faster then my 1000x and cheaper. :D
It make a difference on the Large Resolutions for Continuous recording (eg. 1872x936 with HDMI)
Plus I never had any file corruption , They cost a little more but worth it . 8)

Sane__

Thank you! It's very good to know that there is no quality difference between crops (at least if you don't rescale).I'm looking at sandisk 1067x, because Lexar is really out of my price range (i'm from Europe and here the price difference is a killer).

reddeercity

Sandisk are Also Very Good Cards, no negative comments I Know of

Riwikidi

Hi again, i am strugling with reinstalling ML. This is what i've done:

* cleared all canon settings
* uninstalled ML by formatting in Canon menu while press Q. as read in http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=4724.msg27699

* format CF in camera
* ML SETTINGS folder : ettr.cfg + magic.cfg where left over, deleted them by laptop.
* put the ML files in CF root
* start 5d2- nothing happens except Canon menu is working well

Used another CF with another cardreader, same results.

I reckon autoexec isn't working... Could the problem be caused by the cardreader? Due circumstances i have used 3 different cardreaders till now...

ted ramasola

Try re-installing it since you removed it.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Riwikidi

8) Finally got my install.

I notice i need to use the one and only CF card that i used to install the very  first time.
A different one will not work.
Is this common?

Walter Schulz

Common user error. When got stuck: Format card inside cardreader and start from scratch.

Riwikidi

Well i have RAW histogram now when taken a photo. But not during LV, pushing Q or INFO doesn't change that.

When i push INFO a white "expSim" with a line drawn through it, turns up.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Riwikidi on February 08, 2015, 11:38:39 AM
Well i have RAW histogram now when taken a photo.

How did you do that?