Istimebul - Time Lapse Istanbul

Started by ozcancelik, June 27, 2012, 09:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozcancelik

Here is my time-lapse video from last summer. I used 550D with Magic Lantern.

coutts

cool stuff! how do you make the zoom change throughout the shot smoothly?

Schloime

Beautiful video, lots of nice shots, and a nice play with words in the title.

But if I am allowed to nitpick here: The tilt-shift or miniature technique (what is the official word for that?) is very suitable for these timelapse movies of towns, I like it very much. It looks perfect for example on the trainstation.
But technically it is a very shallow DOF effect. DOF depends on distance, so the one shot in the shopping mall with the elevators looks a bit strange, because all floors are about the same distance to the viewer, but the top and bottom floors are out of focus and the middle one is in.
Again, it's only a tiny, small critique for a very nice movie.
600D, EF-S 17-85, EF-S 55-200, SNS-HDR, Photoshop7, Lightroom, Lightwave, Lightworks, Light everywhere

Malcolm Debono

Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

ozcancelik

@coutts Photos are almost 4000x3000px. So you can zoom in zoom out with changing position and scale parameters in After Effects, Premiere etc. ie D800 is 36mp. With d800 you can do huge zoom, scale and pan :)

@Schloime First of all thank you very much. And you re totally right about tilt-shift sequences. They are not perfect, but that shots have too much flicker even i use deflickering. Mostly flickers appearing in clouds and where lights come from. So i wanted to add some blur for disappering flickers. Not for creative look :)