Bitrate control is disable

Started by ali farahani, March 26, 2014, 03:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali farahani

When i want record h.264 movie i can not set up any bitrate control. when i click on bitrate in magiclantern menu not happend . How can i change the bitrate? decrease or increase that
5DIII,Samyang 14 T3.1, zeiss planar 50mm f1.4 ze,  Zacuto view finder , komputerbay 64gb , RawVideo Lover

ricordu

... interested too, for 5DMkIII

tjaja

You have to load a custom ini to your camera, but the parameters are still experimental. I tried it, bitrate changed but effect were minimal (others reported a visual improvement) and crashes if you set the bitrate too high or the if the image you are recording gets complex.

5dIII users are better of with RAW. Like its no competition. every frame is a 14-bit DNG.
Other way to get a very nice image is pregrading.

Shoot a cr2 on location. Load it in your Picturestyle Editor en begin to grade the image. Save the PS, and load it into your camera. Now you are shooting on scene with the grading you wanted on 8-bit MOVs. Saves a lot of disk space and time.
5DFree, 550D, canon 50mm 1.4

Canon eos m

Quote from: tjaja on March 31, 2014, 11:32:25 PM
You have to load a custom ini to your camera, but the parameters are still experimental. I tried it, bitrate changed but effect were minimal (others reported a visual improvement) and crashes if you set the bitrate too high or the if the image you are recording gets complex.

5dIII users are better of with RAW. Like its no competition. every frame is a 14-bit DNG.
Other way to get a very nice image is pregrading.

Shoot a cr2 on location. Load it in your Picturestyle Editor en begin to grade the image. Save the PS, and load it into your camera. Now you are shooting on scene with the grading you wanted on 8-bit MOVs. Saves a lot of disk space and time.

Cool advice. Do you plan to do a video tut explaining the steps at some point?
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Audionut

I've merged some relevant posts into the thread I linked above.

Please use that thread for further discussion.