5D Mark lll - 48fps Slow Motion RAW

Started by WeekendWarrior, March 04, 2014, 02:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeekendWarrior

(I accidentally posted this on the wrong section last time and it was never moved here)

https://vimeo.com/87812777

Went out to shoot some photos for Lotuss Clothing Supply's Spring LookBook and ended up shooting some Raw Video
This is my first project using my 5D Mark III and Magic Lantern RAW.
Shot using only a 35mm 2.0 lens, Fly Cam and natural light.
Used 2.35 aspect ratio for 1920x818 and 48fps to convert to slow motion.
Used the Feb 6th build and experienced no issues on set with loss of footage,frames or any of that.
Big thanks to the Magic Lantern team for even making this a possibility! I was very pleased with the footage. More to come..

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

painya

What did you grade that with? Very nice images:)
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

WeekendWarrior

Thanks guys, I did all the color in after effects and then brought everything into FCPX for final export.

Audionut

Quote from: WeekendWarrior on March 04, 2014, 02:56:37 AM
(I accidentally posted this on the wrong section last time and it was never moved here)

Moderators might not have the time to check, every single thread on the forum, every single day.

Next time, consider using the report post function, to bring the post to the attention of moderators, rather then creating a duplicate post, and further increasing the workload.

Thanks.

brunocrtv

ru31jan

Great looking footage! I love the grade, would be really interested in a brief explanation on how to get these colors. Anyway thanks for the video!

beddy70

WeekendWarrior

Quote from: brunocrtv on March 10, 2014, 12:50:35 PM
Where is the link?

The video should just pop up, but I inserted the link underneath in case that doesn't work

Quote from: ru31jan on March 11, 2014, 02:26:48 PM
Great looking footage! I love the grade, would be really interested in a brief explanation on how to get these colors. Anyway thanks for the video!

Thanks! Did all of my color in after effects mostly using curves.

Quote from: beddy70 on March 11, 2014, 05:00:08 PM
Very nice I like it ;)

Thank you!

brunocrtv

elliotlucas

Hi did you shoot with the 60p setting then unsqueeze in post?

WeekendWarrior

aaristim

Looks great!

Would you mind sharing your workflow?

Thanks!

budafilms

Went out to shoot some photos for Lotuss Clothing Supply's Spring LookBook and ended up shooting some Raw Video
Used the Feb 6th build and experienced no issues on set with loss of footage,frames or any of that.
Big thanks to the Magic Lantern team for even making this a possibility! I was very pleased with the footage. More to come..

Very professional!
The build that you used, it's for Firmware 1.2.3?

WeekendWarrior

Quote from: budafilms on March 13, 2014, 07:25:36 AM
Very professional!
The build that you used, it's for Firmware 1.2.3?

Thanks!
It was actually the build for 1.1.3 firmware.

WeekendWarrior

Quote from: aaristim on March 13, 2014, 06:02:09 AM
Looks great!

Would you mind sharing your workflow?

Thanks!

Converted MLV files to DNG w/ MLV2DNG. Brought all clips through After Effects for adjustments, and then put into FCPX timeline for final export.

RenStarFilm

Emmmm something is not adding up? What card are you using? And are you cropping?

WeekendWarrior

Quote from: RenStarFilm on March 17, 2014, 07:41:43 PM
Emmmm something is not adding up? What card are you using? And are you cropping?

1000x lexar 32
Used 720x60 canon settings. Then with ML settings I shot 48fps override and used 2:3 aspect for 1920x515 then stretched to 1920x818 in post. Slowed down to 23.976. No cropping I believe.. Bam

hqhempen

But HOW did you get ML to actually do an "actual fps" of 48fps?? It seems no matter what resolutions I use I can't get it to go about 34.5 fps , even with "desired fps" at 48. I've changed FPS timers A & B lots of times and can't get 48fps either.

kgv5

You have to set 50 or 60p in canon menu first.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

ATP

Nice work Weekend,

Totally kills my first attempt at ML haha

-AT

genosajd

Hi, nice video!
Can you post screen from AE (color grading curves) ?