[50D] Few problems with ML...

Started by Luneral, June 27, 2012, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luneral

Hi everybody !

I'm Julien Meyer, a french photographer who wants to initiate myself with video mode. So, I install ML this morning on my Canon EOS 50D, but I meet some problems :

- When I change ISO, speed or aperture, the liveview still expose the same thing, like I never change anything.
- I start and end the recording with the "SET" touch. But sometimes, when I'm pushing on SET to end the recording, it doesn't work. So I push on every buttons, but there is no reaction. I'm using a Lexar Pro 8Go x233 card. Is x233 too low for 1080p/30fps ? The bitrate is at x0,7.

Thanks !

a1ex

1) Did you enable exposure override? The 50D doesn't have manual video controls with Canon firmware.

2) Check the half-shutter setting, if it's sticky it may block the SET button (50D issue, see the user guide).

ilguercio

I noticed that SET button doesn't work if you have the setting shortcut onscreen.
That's one thing preventing the stopping of the recording.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

a1ex

Good catch... I think I'll move that function to the joystick center press only.

Luneral

Thanks a lot for your replies !

1) Exposure override wasn't enable. Enable it solve my first problem.
2) The shutter button was effectively sticky, surely because of the option "Shutter button : hold during REC" (I use to enable IS automaticly). But when this option is enable, after few tests, I note that I can stop recording after disengage the shutter button (by a full pression on it).
I also disable any shortcut on SET button.

However, I've an other question about ML : when I turn off my camera, my previous settings are lost. How can I conserve it ?

Francis

Quote from: Luneral on June 27, 2012, 03:43:48 PM
However, I've an other question about ML : when I turn off my camera, my previous settings are lost. How can I conserve it ?

You could have Config AutoSave turned off under the Config menu.