Can the 7D shoot 2.5k RAW continuously?

Started by joeydingding, March 23, 2014, 03:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeydingding

Quote from: Jackeatley on March 25, 2014, 12:36:06 AM
Not sure thats the smartest piece of advice i've ever read...

The Reds native ISO is 800, thats where it performs best, the Canons native is at 100 and the native steps are 100, 200, 400, 800. 
A colleague of mine liked 640 on the 7D too, but we've decided to be rather careful about it after looking at the DXO information about the camera.

"Low light performance" is a misnomer, its a non technical way to describe lots of different things. Lots of people have this obsession with tiny ISOs or clean files at stupidly high ones. Neither is totally smart. Dynamic range will be best at native speed settings, there should a be a good reason for not being there.

Remember that these days you can get rid of a bit of noise, you can't fix a badly lit scene, or recover a scene without sufficient dynamic range.

I'm aware of that. But I always keep my iso around 200 or 400. The 640 iSO on the 7D is really a workhorse for me.

Btw isn't te native iso for the scarlet 640?
7D - 50D - GH2

Midphase

Quote from: joeydingding on March 25, 2014, 06:01:31 PM
That's why you need to buy a square front anamorphic lens

Still dealing with lack of pull focus ability with the Panasonic ones, or do you mean the Iscoramas, you know...type that costs way more than the camera?    ::)

joeydingding

7D - 50D - GH2

ted ramasola

The discussion of using anamorphic lenses on the 7D could be well served on another thread. ;)
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Roberto Mena

ted ramasola, what do you mean by "Even higher than 1780X817 is 1856x1044  16:9 @23.976fps. Its continuous." Do you mean because the 16:9 aspect ratio covers more of the sensor's pixels at the bottom and top of screen as compared to a wider aspect ratio like 2:39:1? Or are you talking about a way where you are using more physical surface of the camera sensor, that's closer to real 1080p? And if this is the case, how do you do that and can it work for shooting with the 2:39:1 aspect ratio?