Pink Cast Problem with latest mlv_rec

Started by Starclassic, March 26, 2014, 09:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starclassic

I use raw_rec module on latest nightly on my 600D. I use Batchelor 3.0 to process my DNG's. When I import my DNGs to Lightroom, I get a pink cast on them. When I import them into AE, ACR eliminates the pink cast. Do I need to update my raw2dng in Batchelor to eliminate the pink cast when imported into LR? Some insight would help. Thanks!

seb3dge

I was just about to open a new thread, but yours seems almost the same.

I too installed a fresh nightly build, used raw2cdng (1.4.5, 1.4.8, 1.4.9 and 1.4.9.7, just to make sure) to convert the MLVs to DNGs, and they are very... pink.

The problem I have, though, is that I cannot get rid of the pink hue no matter what program I use to open them. ACR, Resolve, PPro, heck - even MLRAWViewer... Pinkyness everywhere.

The shots were not critical, but they were good. I hope someone finds a way for me to get them to an usable state... I need to justify my wrist pain due to extended Glidecam use :P

seb3dge

Ok, so, I think I found the culprit. Fix black levels was ON, trying to "fix" some kind of green cast I haven't seen. The description says that it sets the black levels to 2048... since this is a RAW file, is there any chance to fix it in post and get "normal" colors out of my pink files?

Audionut

exiftool + exiftoolgui.

Change the blacklevel to the correct setting.