Nothing but artifacts when loading the DNG in DaVinci Resolve Lite

Started by aron.krause, February 24, 2014, 04:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron.krause

Hi,
I shot some RAWs with my 550D, exported DNGs using RawMagic. The DNGs look normal, I can play with them in Photoshop.

When I load them in DaVinci Resolve Lite (10.1.1) i get nothing but artifacts. Pink cubes, green lines, multicolor noise and stuff. I hardly can see what I shot. When I put it through the pipeline (timeline, color, export to mov) it remains the same in every step.

Is my iMac too old? I'm using a 27" 2,66 Intel Core i5 with 12GB DDR3 and a ATI Radeon 4850. Not the best stuff but it was fine for RedRaw and others.

However I'm new to DaVinci and can't tell the source of the problem. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

aron.krause

Yes, everything as it should be.
Here is a screenshot from Camera Raw:

And this is as DaVinci shows it:

Midphase

Wow...looks trippy!

I honestly don't know what might be going on, I haven't run into that type of issue before. Could you upload one of your DNG files somewhere? I could open it in Resolve and let you know if it does the same thing on my system.

aron.krause

In the BlckmagicDesign Forum I got this answer:
"The Radeon 4850 is not a supported Resolve GPU."

Ok, but why this crazy pink stuff?
In the DNG settings I reduced the sharpness and set it to half Resolution (which is poorly with 720 footage...) and then I got to see my footage. Crazy. Seems that DaVinci needs a lot more GPU Power than other applications. Is I said, I worked with RED Material on the same station. Even in 4K RAW. It was slow, but it looked like it should...

Midphase

Redcode is different, and it is compressed rather heavily (albeit without apparent image loss).

I could run 4k red r3d files on my old Mac Pro, but CDNG is a whole different beast.

YKG

I have the same problem  :(

The DNG looks good. The Tiff 16 bit created with Lightroom looks good.
Even the CDNG looks good when I create them with MLRawViever 1.1.3

And I have the same results in Davinci Resolve : nothing but weird artifacts.

I use the nightly builds from this day for my 60D, but I still have the same problem.

So maybe someone have a solution ?

I have made a test last year and my Tiff 16 bit working well. So now I completely don't understand.

mageye

I think the "The Radeon 4850 is not a supported Resolve GPU." may be the problem.
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7