Some of my portraits over the last few months.

Started by Scott Free, March 20, 2014, 12:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Free

Just thought I would share a few pictures guys. I love portrait photography, it allows me to work with light which is great!

dubzeebass

ItsMeLenny

Nice pics!

Any info on camera equipment?
And how magic lantern played a part?
And workflow?

Scott Free

Sorry guys, I shot these using the Canon 5D mark 3.. I have an assortment of lenses. For portraiture I favour the 100mm macro and the 70-200. In terms of ML... I have only just started using it for RAW video and didnt really need it before. I have a Zacuto EVF so I already had false colours and focus assist. These are just examples of images that I have made and thought I would share.

In terms of workflow, I do what most other do.. I use photoshop and I change the way I use it depending on the image I'm working on.

Stedda

5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

Bassman2003

Thanks for sharing Scott.  Very nice work!  I must say though, while I enjoy the light they create, some of the catch lights are a little demonistic to me from the ring and multi source lights.

thn-d

This is absolutely stunning artwork!  :o
Each one of them is such an inspiring masterpiece. I like the differences in style: usage of light, composition, focus (esp. the second one) etc.
Canon EOS 1100D   |   Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II   |   Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4,0-5,6 IS II

Scott Free

Thanks Stedda..I appreciate it.

Bassman, I understand where you are coming from regarding the catchlights.. but I like to shake things up and play with these sorts of things.

thn-d.. thank you for your kind words.

Some more from my 500px profile... Cheers guys.

http://500px.com/ScottFreestyle

Bassman2003

Sorry I had to 'go there'!  Photo people always have an opinion...  Keep on shaking things up.  That is always a great path imho.  Really nice work once again!