ML 2.3 - general chat

Started by BDM STUDIOS, June 16, 2012, 04:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM STUDIOS

Hi Alex,

Looking forward to the 2.3 release! Thanks for your effort!!!!!

moosen

So stoked for the new release! Hope there is super cool new stuff!

johnmac1952

Looking forwards to the new release. Thank you for ALL of your efforts !!!!

;D

Guilherme

I have to report what a think is a minor bug I found out that ML Zoom doesn't work with 60fp. (in canon EOS 600d) It starts to glitch and it is annoying although you probably already knew this but i think I should tell you anyway i can't wait for the next version :)  

blakfresher

im looking for the ML for the 60d ver 1.1.1 i really need it please

Malcolm Debono

Quote from: Guilherme on June 20, 2012, 03:26:57 PM
I have to report what a think is a minor bug I found out that ML Zoom doesn't work with 60fp. (in canon EOS 600d) It starts to glitch and it is annoying although you probably already knew this but i think I should tell you anyway i can't wait for the next version :)

To my knowledge Zoom doesn't work well with 720p. Maybe others can confirm this.

Quote from: blakfresher on June 21, 2012, 07:10:29 PM
im looking for the ML for the 60d ver 1.1.1 i really need it please

The current version of ML (2.2) supports firmware 1.1.0. The next upcoming release (2.3) will support firmware 1.1.1. If you're on firmware 1.1.1 and want to use ML, you should downgrade to the previous firmware for now.  :)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Dns

Looking forward for new release. That would b awesome. And, thanks in advance Alex the genius :)
Canon 70D | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 Vc | Canon 50mm 1.8 and The Magic Lantern :)

rktaylor

I just have an inquiry in regards to the future releases.

The last release (beta) I downloaded was the 5/15 release and it appears (for now at least) the frequent releases have stopped until the release code for 2.3 is posted.  Is that correct?

Will the general public have access to the nightly builds?  I'm just curious how the new web page and development process will work.

I am a past contributor and will continue to do so since your group is providing an incredible contribution for Canon owners around the world.

THANKS!   ;D ;D ;D

6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

a1ex

That's right.

There is a nightly build server in the works, and I think after 2.3 it will be fully functional. Meanwhile you can compile yourself; the process became pretty easy lately, and I think this will encourage code contributions from other users.

About 2.3: the feature set is already frozen, and I'd like to have a period of release candidate (RC) testing, according to the plan posted here. That means:
1) ML should pass those tests on my cameras (550D, 60D, 5D2). It fails a few ones now.
2) Post the RC1, and collect tester feedback for one or two weeks.
3) From the feedbacks, I'll decide if we need an RC2 or if it's ready for release. Maybe a RC3 too.

I always did similar testing before full releases, but only with a few users asked privately. Now I'd like to do this on a larger scale, hoping that the end result will be rock solid. Existing contributors (no matter what kind of contribution) will be the ones who'll run the early tests.

I was also thinking to run some infinite stability test for at least 24 hours (need an external power source for that) and film a timelapse with that. The infinite test enables random things from menus, and I've ran it succesfully for a few hours.

Suggestions?

rktaylor

Excellent and well thought out!

I hope to have the time to go through the RC process and contribute any problems I have.  Going through your list will also give me more of an experience to learning even more of the options.

Thanks for your quick response,  I know you're busy.
6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

a1ex

That list can also be useful as a list of specifications - sort of. Although it's too big for normal users :)

ilguercio

If you need 24H testing i can help as i have a wall adapter ;)
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

robertmushroom1

::)

hi...  is it still possible to obtain the 2.3 pre-release

it sounds awsome....

i donated..

nightmkd

I donated and wait for the new ML 2.3
Thanks for your hard work

emy

Just donated. I would like to get the 2.3 pre-release too.
Thanks
Canon Kiss X4 | Sigma 17-70 mm f/2.8-4.0 OS | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Speedlite 270EX | Raynox DCR-250 Macro