Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxjice

What's Wrong ?

When I use LR to export DualISO files, it occurs!
I've changed the verdion of CR2HDR for many times from 0305 to 0316, ahich I've not yet changed is the version 2.1.
Anyone encountered the same problem?
Waiting for response.

kichetof

Lightroom update?
Let me know the plugin version (from plugin manager) and Lr version.
I think the version of the plugin is too old for your Lr version. Please update

garry23

Hope some kind soul can put me out of my misery.

I have a new laptop, an ASUS Duo Zenbook 32gb  :), and need to do things I haven't done for years, ie like add the dual ISO plug in.

I have it in LR but it doesn't show up under Export.

But when I select export I can then select Magic Lantern, ie the dual ISO plug in and it runs.

Then when I select export, it runs dual ISO again.

What have I done wrong  :-[

walter_schulz

Thou shalt not use hyphens in folder names.

garry23

@walter_schulz

I'm sure you are pushing wisdom my way, but it's a little too cryptic for me  ;)

walter_schulz

This is a hyphen: - If you have a hyphen in your plug-in's path ... don't.

garry23

struppi222

I am getting the same message as sxjice. However I am on the latest development update of cr2hdr and can't update any further.
Is this plugin still being supported?

Walter Schulz

The question is if you have the latest plug-in version:
https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/downloads/
Replace plug-in's cr2hdr with your version.

Computer's OS version?

struppi222

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 09, 2019, 11:29:51 AM
The question is if you have the latest plug-in version:
https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/downloads/
Replace plug-in's cr2hdr with your version.

Computer's OS version?

As I said previously, I am on the latest development update of lr_cr2hdr (3.0-170316-02-MLV-DEV).
My OS Version is Mac OSX Mojave Version 10.14.5

When I right-click on a photo in the development tab and then choose export->dual iso converter,
Lightroom takes about 7-8 seconds to produce this error message:

"AgImportSession.addOnePhotoToLibrary: failed to import photo"

which is the same as sxjice's error.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

skinveen

Running Catalina on my mid 2014 MacBook Pro. I've never had a problem in the past, but am now getting "Unable to export" error when trying to export to cd2hdr. Any help would be oh so appreciated. I just got back from Africa and I'm staring at at a ton of pics with alternating ISO lines!

Danne

Cr2hdr which is 32bit needs to get reworked to work for 64bit systems(Catalina).
A workaround is to use mlv app with raw2mlv and use force dualiso.

skinveen

Quote from: Danne on November 19, 2019, 07:08:18 AM
Cr2hdr which is 32bit needs to get reworked to work for 64bit systems(Catalina).
A workaround is to use mlv app with raw2mlv and use force dualiso.
I'm sorry, would you mind explaining the process a bit further? This isn't for just video?

DeafEyeJedi

The unix executable cr2hdr itself needs to be updated to be capable of running with 64-bit since Catalina has abandoned all apps running 32-bits.

However, @Danne's Switch.app already has been updated to make use of raw2mlv from a 'drag n drop' stand-point which works well.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Walter Schulz

I think you missed his point.
@skipveen: masc integrated raw2mlv into MLV App to make use of its functions for mere photographers, too!
And it was done just a few days ago.
Lookup https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=24631.msg222424#msg222424

garry23

...and may I say as a 'mere photographer', who is pushing himself to understand all this video stuff, many thanks :D

skinveen

Is a rework for 64bit systems in the works? I'm having a real difficult time getting proper colors out of the MLV App.

Danne

Trimz0

The repository is not available anymore :-(
Can somebody upload the cr2hdr lightroom plugin somewhere?
Many thanks in advance 

Walter Schulz

dlprod

Hi Where can I download the cr2hdr plugin.  All links available on the ML site appear to be dead.  Nothing's coming up in the Wayback Archive.

Walter Schulz

elenhil

Hi guys! Could someone please help me troubleshoot an issue?

The issue is: here is what my converted Dual ISO CR2 should've probably looked like (this is a jpeg of its ---debug-blend fullres.dng)
And here is what it looks like when coverted in LR via this plugin. (Here it is stopped down to -2EV to illustrate how clipped the highlights are.)

Iterestingly, when I replace the original exiftool 10.43 from cr2hdr.3.0-170316-02-MLV-DEV with exiftool 10.02 from cr2hdr-win 2017-12-04, this issue goes away and the imported file looks as it should (however, this other exiftool version is incompatible with the LR plugin, which leads to metadata problems within LR, so it's not a real solution). I forgot to mention that the issue remained even when I replaced cr2hdr.exe bundled with the original plugin with that newer standalone version.

But the real revelation is that the same DNG imported into Photoshop looks perfectly OK. So, presumably, this is some kind of issue with EXIF metadata that forces Lightroom to import the file with blown highlights?

Here is the original DualiSO CR2, and here is the folder with all the files one might need to investigate this issue (debug DNGs, cr2hdr log, plugin and standalone cr2hdr archives, etc.). My camera is 70D, Lightroom Classic v10.3.

At face value, this looks like the issue mentioned by another uses back in 2017, though I don't see whether they solved it at all.

Walter Schulz

What happens replacing exiftool with the latest version (12.32)?