Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Subfolder default is good.
QuoteHmm why not! A checkbox to convert every MLV files with same settings. Is it useful for you?
Yes, mostly you just run mlv_dump with defaults so this will speed up the process. Not sure how dng import in lightroom will behave but it seemed pretty fast when I tested yesterday.

In cr2hdr.app I do some funky bashing around fps wav metadata.
#adding fps to wav metadata
    fps_au=$(exiftool "$O2""${BASE}"_1_"$date"_000000.dng | awk '/Frame Rate/ { print $4; }' | tr -d . )
#adding zeros
    num="$fps_au"
    len=`echo ${#num}`
    while [ $len -lt 5 ];
    do
        num=$num"0"
        let len=len+1
    done

Also probably a good idea to have the MLV files outside the subfolder after processing. Sort of keeping the original MLV on a safe distance.

kichetof

Are you sure that FPS should be 5 digits? If you film @ 5fps it will be 50000 and in iXML it's FPS/1000 --> 50 or @120fps it will be 12000/1000 --> 12

It seems to be frames per milliseconds.

I'll see how to process with every MLV but I like the idea!

Danne

e.g
24fps=24000
23.97=23970
25=25000
That,s what is working over here at least. Correct or not :D

I never opened up a 5fps file in DaVinci resolve anyway but then again I don,t know if audio is that crucial in 5fps.
120fps ML footage? Your friday wish ;)

kichetof

Quote from: Danne on March 10, 2017, 08:55:38 AM
120fps ML footage? Your friday wish ;)

I have a dream [emoji41]

Ok so I can stay in my way: FPS * 1000 :)

Danne

kichetof

No need! 23.97 * 1000 = 23970; no dot :)

FPS * 1000 do the job with bwfmetaedit !

Danne

True. Much easier than my zero patching :)

Audionut

I'm pretty sure the exact frame rate for film is 24000/1001.

(24×1000÷1001 to be exact)

kichetof

Little update (not released)

• MLV file kept in original folder
  • fix bwfmetaedit bug
  • Added cold pixel default option
  • Applies iXML to any options

To do: add an option to process all MLV files in the same folder with same settings

kichetof

Maybe I'll rewrite the entire plugin...  8)

Actually, we don't export anything, so, why do you use export menu ?!

I think I'll use the Library -> Plug-in Extras to store all the actions.

What do you think about this GUI for the plugin ? (there are no options, no optimisation, only a copy paste to see the result; removed troubleshooting tabs, do you use it ?)

The gain with this method, is to be able to load cr2hdr options in MLV importation to chain the operations.

The only thing that we'll loose is the shortcut CMD+SHIFT+E to quickly access to export menu.

Any suggestions ?

Danne

On the roll I see :). I,m out of town, will check into this as soon as I can.

Danne

I think I let someone else report their opinions on this one. Was a while since I actually shot some dualiso tbh. How,s the MLV processor developing?

kichetof

MLV process is on the way to be released this evening :) (it's already done, but I don't have my MacBook with me)

You'll be able to process all MLV in the same time  8)

Danne

How is wildcard working with the plugin? Is LUA calling bash? Now I just tested a however unlikely scenario but I manage to break the argument list.
cr2hdr *.dng
Resulting in Argument list too long
About 7000 files were called with the wildcard.
I think sweet spot is 5000 files.

I posted about this long ago going through find something like following which also speeds up processing.
find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -name '*.dng' -print0 | xargs -0 -P 4 -n 1 cr2hdr

kichetof

Maybe it's a good solution but it's not portable on Windows without many tricks... It's why I added same levels on entire path to fix this bug (on Mac for the moment and I hope in Win soon with the gcc patch).

To summarize:

To process some Dual ISO (20-30 files):
    Use normal settings
    It will run cr2hdr file1.cr2 file2.cr2 file3.cr2 file4.cr2 file5.cr2 etc.

To process a lot of Dual ISO:
    Move all Dual ISO files in a folder without anything else (like MLV import) or use a folder where all images will be process with cr2hdr
    Select all files (CMD+A)
    Run plugin with same levels on entire path option
    It will run cr2hdr *.dng/cr2

But now, if you want to run cr2hdr *.dng/cr2 without same-levels, you can't.

kichetof

MLV importation to every MLV files in the same folder

Download v3.0-170314-01-MLV-DEV

Go to Library --> Plug-in Extras --> Import MLV file

If you already installed MLV plugin branch, please click button Reset settings to default to be sure that every options is reseted.

kichetof

DNG Users
Do you have any issue with the plugin ? (about 200 downloads, no news, good news ?  8))

MLV users
Do you have any issue with this new feature ?

All Users
What do you think about my idea to move Export plugin to Library Plug-In extras ? more info here

arboldeconfianza

sorry, recently im see this, i can use MLV HDR to DNG????

Danne

MLV to dng exporting work nicely. And they are indexed on the fly in lightroom. This is a good alternative if working silent dng in mlv containers for instance. The recursive option worked fine.
The wav file still doesn,t contain the DaVinci resolve needed ixml info so not sure what,s up with that.

kichetof

@arboldeconfianza You can now import MLV files in LR :)

@Danne thanks for the feed back. Which settings do you use ? I'll try to reproduce it tonight
In Windows everything works fine

Danne

kichetof

Okay in Windows everything is OK (subfolder or Davinci compliance), maybe it's a bug with the Mac command. I'll try tonight with my Mac

Stay tuned!

Danne

Ok, I found the issue. Permission denied. Went into the plugin folder and did
chmod u=rwx bwfmetaedit
enter

and working...

kichetof

great thanks @Danne ! I'll apply the fix in the repo

arboldeconfianza

@kichetof MLV to DNG is AMAZING !! but i cant convert DNG to DUAL ISO, i have 2 ISO, what i make bad?, i have de conversion with the name DUALISO, is the same only with different name, i am in WINDOWS