Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starbase64

i have deleted all plugin folders and restarted lr, then works with reinstalling plugins.

dualISO converting works fine

windows 8.1 64bit

starbase64

lightroom removed all addons after restart :( always reinstall is needed.

Lr 2015.4 / Win8.1 x64

Walter Schulz

What do you mean by "removed all addons"?
- All plug-ins not working?
- Only those plug-ins working coming with LR?
- All plug-ins not visible in plug-in manager?
- Only plug-ins installed after LR installation not visible in plug-in manager?

What status do you see in plug-in manager?

starbase64

i have installed enfuse and cr2hdr and both works fine.

then i have closed lightroom and reopen 2 hours later, but both addons removed.

Walter Schulz

"Removed" = not visible in Plug-In Manager?

starbase64

yes, and plug in folder on hard drive deleted

Walter Schulz

I suppose you have to put this one to Adobe LR support forum.

starbase64

starbase64

Lightroom with plugins works now, i have changed the plugin storage location.

R

Hi guys,

I'm new here although it seems to me that I know you all because I've been reading hundreds of pages before posting this questions. But the fact is that I haven't found the answers.

Would some of you answer three doubts I have?

Does the 3.0 beta3 have the latest cr2hdr version?

If not, where's the best place to download last version of the 20bit cr2hdr?

And, can I just replace the exe found in cr2hdr.lrplugin\bin when a new version of cr2hdr is released?

I'm a real estate and interior photographer and my workflow usually includes ISO bracketing, so I was more than happy when I discovered Dual-ISO. Having both ISOs in one shot guarantees a 100% image consistency but when I check my processed Dual-ISO images at 100% crop I can see unusual color noise. I'm still fighting with soft-film and wb parameters. I'm still learning cr2hdr but want to make sure the issue color is either a problem of my workflow or something already solved in rcent versions of cr2hdr.

Thanks

Frank7D

Hard to tell without seeing an example, but it could be aliasing due to the line-skipping that dual ISO does.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: R on February 17, 2016, 10:15:29 PM
Does the 3.0 beta3 have the latest cr2hdr version?

And, can I just replace the exe found in cr2hdr.lrplugin\bin when a new version of cr2hdr is released?

Yes, and Yes.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

R

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on February 17, 2016, 11:31:49 PM
Yes, and Yes.

Thanks DeafEyeJedi

I'll keep on trying to improve the way I balance flash and natural light to move some shadow areas into the midtones and reduce noise.

DeafEyeJedi

It's gonna come down to proper exposures so it'd be best to stick with the ETTR method while shooting Dual-ISO...

Walter Schulz

itsDPmikey

Still till this day, I can't seem to figure out this "DUAL ISO" or "HDR".

I have all these softwares for post processing, yet still can't figure it out. I don't even know the difference between the 2 and if there is no difference, if they do the same thing, why have both in there. Not a complaint just curious.

I want to get the most out of the awesome ML features, but there seems to be no "decent" workflow video out there particularly for the 5DM3 on windows.
I love this &^*$ MAN!

DeafEyeJedi

Have you tried the latest MLP (formerly known as cr2hdr-r) which can handle both Dual-ISO and HDR files easily.

dfort

Quote from: itsDPmikey on February 23, 2016, 12:32:51 AM
...there seems to be no "decent" workflow video out there particularly for the 5DM3 on windows.

MLP is for Mac.

What are you looking for, still or video workflows? There's a lot of reading material.

DavidSamish

I've been lurking in the forums for a while and trying out various Magic Lantern modules on first my Canon T3 (1100) and now a 70D. I'm on a Mac, early 2009 Power Mac, with El Capitan.

I had success with Magic Lantern dual-iso, the intervalometer, etc. I shot a wedding, nonprofessionally. I dabbled with dual iso, ETTR with custom white balance and HDR movies, and I have processed several thousand photos with some degree of success last summer.  ;D

Then, I upgraded to Lightroom 6 CS from 5, and all of the sudden my Lightroom photos, that I had previously processed with the current cr2hdr, when opened in Lightroom were drastically lighter with the highlights blown out and unrecoverable. :'( The image preview would open looking fine as I had already processed and adjusted all the photos, then the preview would go too bright. I stewed on that for a while, then moved on.

Then I upgraded to El Capitan and nothing in post-processing Magic Lantern files would work. There was also that thing about Adobe Camera Raw not recognizing my 70D files. ::) I finally figured out about the SIP, and got my bin files in order.

I've recently have been trying to use the Magic Lantern Lightroom plugin, which seemed to work best in my workflow. I'm using the 3.0-BETA4 plugin. It works great, fast, no errors but my dual iso photos get processed too bright again! :'(

Is it my dual iso settings on my camera? I shoot without dual iso and the exposure is good (iso 1000) I shift into dual iso (iso 1000-4000) and they are overexposed. I thought the ML dual-iso would determine which iso value was best for an area of exposure.

I've been playing with the MLP Services and with troubleshooting I get files that look like close to what I think is possible but I'm not proficient at getting the correct setting. Is there some way to adjust the ML Lightroom plugin brightness setting before processing to get proper exposure? I have the original CR2 files from that wedding, etc., am I going to get back the dual iso photos that once worked and now are over exposed when processed?

I like to shoot bands in clubs under low intensity, colored, stage lights with action, so a high dynamic range on dual-iso a single shot would be great. I'd also like to use Magic Lantern techniques for video at some point again.

I know you probably want sample files, logs file and other information. I also understand you may want me to move to another more appropriate forum. At this point, I'll accept whatever advice I can get. And I'll try to provide any information you fine individuals would desire in order to provide a solution, or directions to a path.

All of you guys; @A1ex, @dmilligan, @nikfreak, @audionut, @walter_schulz, @danne, @kichetof, @DeafEyeJedi, @g3gg0, etc. deserve a huge wave of appreciation for what you are doing. My photo friends can not believe what you've allowed my lowly equipment to do. And showing Canon what their products should be able to do. (Canon:I really want HDMI output while recording video with headphone output with strong wireless connectivity on my next camera.)

Best regards,

David Johnson

Danne

70D dual iso files has an issue sometimes not being able to go through the full processing steps. One bad solution is to rename the unique camera model tag to Canon eos 6D. Those cameras share the same color matrices.
Post an example file and maybe comparisons with MLP and the lightroom app. Describe settings.

gregdwilson

I've tried processing Dual ISO files from my Canon 6D but everytime I try it says that there is no Dual ISO. I have tried to use the latest stable version as well as the beta version. I have also just tried dragging and dropping my .CR2 onto the cr2hdr.exe file (from both beta, stable and the latest build from the original author of Dual ISO) but that didn't work either. I have tried half a dozen cr2 files with different exposures and settings but nothing seems to be working. They definitely look like Dual ISO pictures but nothing seems to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Walter Schulz

Upload an untouched (Out-of-the-cam) Dual-ISO file somewhere and link it here.

Arjayu

Sorry, if I was not clear; see my signature; you asked for a link to an example file, but my post is "waiting for moderator " so did not show up? (And messages were empty for same reason?)

-------
Hi,
I think I have the same problem on 70d?

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg165410#msg165410

so this is an untouched file if it helps;

[removed as fixed ; see other post]

Cheers, randall

BUT see my other post ; fixed

https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/view/Other%20tasks/job/cr2hdr-20bit/

The plugin must have wrong file? ****

----------

Unfortunately I may not be clear enough; I also could not get the cr2hdr or 20 bit versions working from the Lightroom plugins , but fixed that problem using the other file
Cheers, randall
70d feb 2016 ;  ML version 70D version A [ https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/view/Other%20tasks/job/cr2hdr-20bit/ ]; AUTOettr going well ; very new 2016 ;thanks to A1ex et al v much!
great batch processing for Dualiso ;
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=17062.msg165556#msg165556

UncleChip

Hi
Canon 5d mkII
windows10
lichrtoom 6

I have set dual iso 100-800 on my camera and i can see the striped image exposed as expected, it looks like a hrd image

i import the dualiso image into lightroom along with a test image shot at 100 iso
dual iso image is showing up like an hdr

export the dualiso image as per instructions, it all works as expected, i see the image with the suffix -dualiso, but the image is no different than my test image? am i missing something?

playing with both images in post i have exacly the same tonal range?

i installed the beta version of the plugin and i get the same result, if i move the highlight/shadow slider it is just increasing the exposure of the entire image

Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3c) Canon 5dMKII

AdandTor

Hi everyone.

I'm new on this forum and just recently discovered ML with a 5Dmk3, and the new world of raw videos. Thanks so much for all your amazing work.

I recently try to capture some raw videos with the dual iso mode. And i try like many others here, to install unsuccessfully CR2hdr, exiftool and dcraw (el captan 10.11.4).

I have read many times this topic but to be honest i found it really hard to understand the right process. So instead to create a new useless topic, i'm just asking here.

What i'm asking for you guys, is if someone can show me the process step by step on el capitan 10.11 to install theses packages correctly and process the dual iso dng.

I think, one post, clear and simple, would resolve the problem instantly for all newbies like me.

In advance, many many thanks!

And thanks to ML team

Cheers