Straight conversion:

Processed:

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kichetof

Hi all  8)

sorry for my absence and for my low activity for Magic Lantern and my plugin  :-[

Hopefully, you're always here !

Big thanks to @dfort for his great pull request, that kick my ass to move to you!!

What's new ?

• still beta until you confirm that everything works well (new release will be 3.1 :) )
  • Mac now using dcraw and exiftool located in the plugin bin directory. <-- BIG THANKS @dmilligan & @dfort
  • Added Mac & Windows dependency check for exiftool & dcraw inside plugin directory (check accidental removing).
  • Updated versions of dcraw and exiftool.
  • Slight IU change so wb-exif isn't cutoff in window.
  • Fix for Mac radio buttons now they don't disappear--works the same as on Windows.
  • Check if Adobe DNG Converter exists, if not, disable radio button.
  • Check if Octave exists, if not, disable checkbox button.
  • FIX Plugin Presets doesn't appear on export window !!!!!!  8) 8) 8) (it was the hyphen on the plugin folder name), tested on my existing Windows 7 LR install and on a fresh Mac OS X 10.11 & Lr 2015.2.1

I hope it will be the last update for this 3.0-BETA X :)

Download latest version cr2hdr.3.0BETA3.3 here

I'll do my best to be more reactive on the forum, but if not, don't hesitate to send me a mail to my gmail address :)

dfort

Thanks  kichetof -- you made this even better.  :D

Danne

Welcome once again Kichetof and great efforts dfort, dmilligan. A great plugin got even better.

DeafEyeJedi

Perfectly well said. A great plugin just gotten better. Excellent timing, @kichetof! [emoji106]

kichetof

New features in progress for LR6/CC users : syncing develop params :)
I always forget to recheck lens profile and calibration profile !

The changes here
You can replace the file and test it (no GUI option to enable/disable <- todo) and need some improvement (see my post on Adobe forums).

kichetof

LR6/CC syncing develop params OK :)

I'll add this feature on the new version when you will agree to leave beta :)

commit c705594

@Walter Schulz do you have some issue with presets loaded ?

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 22, 2015, 02:51:09 AM
I think we have an Adobe Lightroom 6 problem here, kichetof.
- Downloaded SDK for LR5 (no LR6 SDK there, yet)
- Copied extracted FTP Upload plug-in directory to local disk
- Used Plug-in Manager to install plug-in
- Several times restarting LR.
-> Not showing up in "Presets". Same behauviour as your plug-in.
- Created an item "FTP Upload" in "User Presets" and this one is showing up.

That's right, no presets folder for this plugin, only selected under export menu list and you could create a user preset to keep settings

DeafEyeJedi

Alright you have finally convinced me to upgrade...

Not sure if I'll be happy paying "rent" to Adobe after years of supporting them back in their disc days.

Hopefully the trade off with their extras and mobile app will be worthwhile especially the Photography bundle package which includes their latest Photoshop as well.

Thanks for the heads up & You're def a tease, kichetof! [emoji4]

p.s. Their customer service better be more efficient than how it used to be back in early to mid 2000's now that they're all getting "paid" by the month... Fun times, ugh! lol

Walter Schulz

Beware: Don't upgrade to 6.2.x/CC 2015.2.x if you don't want to have new - and disimproved - import dialog.
You may want to use 6.1.1 instead.
Adobe's apology for buggy 6.2 and new import dialog
Adobe's own downgrade instruction

@kichetof: Will try to reply soon.

dfort

QuoteI think we have an Adobe Lightroom 6 problem here, kichetof.
- Downloaded SDK for LR5 (no LR6 SDK there, yet)

Guess that was an old quote from Walter Schulz

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/photoshoplightroom/pdfs/lr6/lightroom-sdk-guide.pdf

kichetof

Yes I know. We have a bug with the plugin for loading the preset under the export window. And I found this post about an another plugin that doesn't have a preset folder, so it's a classic way to doesn't have anything on the left panel (but not for my plugin).

Does someone encounter this bug with latest beta without hyphen on the folder name?
If not, I think we only need to add some translations on DE (PT & SV welcome) to leave beta  8)

Walter Schulz

@kichetof: Hyphen it is! At least in Windows.
Path name without: Context menu entry is there.
Path name with: Nope, invisible here, only in "Export ..." -> drop-down box

Tested with an older build (about April) and newest.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 23, 2015, 10:54:25 AM
Beware: Don't upgrade to 6.2.x/CC 2015.2.x if you don't want to have new - and disimproved - import dialog.
You may want to use 6.1.1 instead.

That's right. I remember reading that on their Forums recently. Thanks for the friendly reminder.

Quote from: kichetof on October 23, 2015, 05:08:18 PM
Does someone encounter this bug with latest beta without hyphen on the folder name?
If not, I think we only need to add some translations on DE (PT & SV welcome) to leave beta  8)

This only applies to Window users, correct?

I'm still debating with myself whether or not I should upgrade from LR 5.7 to LR 6.1 due to their monthly plan.  :o

Walter Schulz

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 23, 2015, 07:17:32 PM
I'm still debating with myself whether or not I should upgrade from LR 5.7 to LR 6.1 due to their monthly plan.  :o

? You can buy "old-fashioned" LR licences. You don't have to subscribe.
http://laurashoe.com/2015/04/21/which-should-i-buy-lightroom-cc-2015-or-lightroom-6/

DeafEyeJedi

Ah that's good to know and unfortunately it seems that Adobe's still doing a decent job of luring me into their "Photography Plan" which not only includes latest PS and the mobile app for LR which seems pleasing.

I've tried their trail versions last year and it was all kind of buggy 'n shit.

But I supposed they have ironed all these out by now... Thanks for heads up, Walter!

kichetof

@Walter Schulz yeeeeeees  8)  8)
We can leave beta status! No?

Walter Schulz

Let me take a look on DE strings over the weekend. Do you have checked for obsolete string definitions in TranslatedStrings_xx.txt? We lost some in transaction after 20bit merge, I suppose.

kichetof

I'll check translated file to remove old definition if needed!
Could you translate 2 new definitions on the branch sync_develop_params too? Big thanks for that!

Troylee

Hello to all,

I'm a new user of ML and that's really great thing for my old 5dm2. Thank you very much for this second chance for my camera.
Just tried the Dual ISO and LR plugin v3.0 beta3. Everything looks good but one thing - is it ok if after conversion with cr2hder  I've got more green color and more dark? It's easy to correct in LR or PS but is it ok or not?

Thank you in advance for the help.

DeafEyeJedi

@Troylee: Sure that's normal, try playing with sliders to achieve certain looks.

@all:

After finally going through upgrading to the latest LR6 (I still kept LR5) as well as managed to downgrade back to 6.1.1 (Thanks Walter for the tips) and ran the latest plugin cr2hdr.3.0BETA3.3 with ease!

Pre

Merged Info

Excellent work once again, @kichetof!

Walter Schulz

@kichetof: Edited TranslatedStrings_de.txt.
I think proofreading TranslatedStrings_en.txt by native speaker would be fine. ;-) "Importation" does sound odd ...

kichetof

Thanks @Walter for DE translation :)

Regarding EN, if someone want to edit something, feel free to make a pull request :)

could you try to replace MLProcess.lua with this one ?
You'll have the sync develop parameters and normally fix a bug with background operation.

When you try this file, select a collection to be syncing with Lr Mobile and active the sync, after that, convert one file with the plugin and keep the summary dialog active.
connect to Lr Mobile (web browser, iPad, iPhone) and look if your collection photo's continue to be syncing, I hope!