Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Works with mac binary and 70D. See reply #762 :).

Walter Schulz

Have you tried to convert snakec's problem file? Overexposed a lot on my site.

Danne

Yea, the file is overexposed so I think this is normal, but metadata copied in lightroom 5 as with other dual iso files(5D mark 3). Also tested dmilligan branch cr2hdr20bit compiled from dfort with a 70D file and that worked fine. Tested with cr2hdr-r since I don,t have my lightroom installed on my work computer.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Danne on August 21, 2015, 06:51:11 PM
Yea, the file is overexposed so I think this is normal, but metadata copied in lightroom 5 as with other files. Also tested dmilligan branch cr2hdr20bit compiled from dfort with a 70D file and that worked fine. Tested with cr2hdr-r since I don,t have my lightroom installed on my work computer.

Well, you didn't need LR on your computer. Just running cr2hdr is all you need to find out if snakec's case is worth investigating.
As described above:
With original cr2hdr + lib delivered by kichetof his (and others) conversion shows just fine exposure but EXIF is messed up.
With cr2hdr + lib 9.99 or cr2hdr without lib EXIF is fine but exposure is messed up.

Link to CR2: https://mega.co.nz/#!fsRUUI5K!Kfs9OtWGe8GaOCjNGKnO7HeOcc_EnvbnTVrIKbfjYEE

dfort

Overexposed over here with LR cc on Mac and latest cr2hdr 20-bit from dmilligan. The metadata looks fine.

Wasn't it determined that this is an Adobe Camera Raw issue?

http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11056.msg151675#msg151675

Looks like snakec took down his sample images but I believe I got his same results.

Walter Schulz

Just tested with Rawtherapee and you are right. Converted DNG in RT shows exposure just fine, LR messes up badly.
Waiting for Adobe to fix this ... okay, I have to laugh, too ... Who is willing to dive into metadata?

EDIT: Let me rephrase that "RT shows exposure just fine": It is *not* overexposed but I don't think it should be called well exposed.

Danne

Ran the latest mac binary with cr2hdr-r and converts fine. But, when converting with adobe dng converter for size reduction it heavily overexposes. Too bad I can,t test with lightroom 5 right now.

cr2hdr20bit run in cr2hdr-r(looks fine) Probably not an issue with camera raw then?

cr2hdr20bit run in cr2hdr-r and then with adobe dng converter lossless compression(overexposed)

DeafEyeJedi

Looks fine over here. Used LR5 with the latest 20-bit cr2hdr binary and confirmed it is overexposed but here's the most what you can get out of atm...

Original after convert:                                             Definitely OE if you read the right tall lines in Histogram here:

This is the best I can do with your OE shot in converted Dual-ISO:

Just for fun, with Cinelog-C applied even though it's not intent for Dual-ISO:

Adjusted the exposure down to about 1 1/3 of a Stop:

Here with Cinelog-C REC709 Wide DR v2 in AE:
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

Seems to work then in lightroom 5 Deafeyejedi. Might be lightroom CC related.

DeafEyeJedi

Danne

What puzzles me is that other 70D dual iso files converted fine even with adobe dng converter lossless setting in cr2hdr-r but not this file. Do you have any dual iso 70D files lying around Deafeye?

DeafEyeJedi

Danne

Thanks.
So the same problem occurs with your sample files Deafeyejedi. Dual iso conversion of CR2 files works with cr2hdr20bit but not with lossless compression with adobe dng converter(cr2hdr-r). 

DeafEyeJedi

Regarding 70D Dual ISO CR2 -- does it matter from which Alpha build is it coming from?

Perhaps 111.A vs 111.B or something else?

Danne

Probably not. Stay off adobe dng converter and 70D files I say. I have lossless conversion automated(if adobe dng converter installed in cr2hdr-r so this will be a problem with 70D files. See if I can change the routines for 70D files.

snakec

Le probleme vient vraiment de lr cc
Avec un dng crée par Barracuda Gui, je n'ai pas le meme resultat en l'important dans les 2 versions de LR

The problem really comes from lr cc
With dng created by Barracuda Gui, I do not have the same result by importing it in the 2 versions of LR

Walter Schulz

jakepetre

Any update? Trying to find a way to process these dual ISO cr2's on my mac with LR 5. Help!

Walter Schulz

wadehome

Hey guys, I love this plugin and it has always been super efficient and amazingly useful and I use Dual ISO all the time! Only issue is; OSX 10.11 El Capitan has this new 'rootless' feature which disqualifies any access to /usr/bin which is where dcraw and exiftool are stored and installed to. So since updating to 10.11, choosing to export to Dual ISO converter shows the 'Dependancies Error: This plugin (cr2hdr) need dcraw and exiftool. Please install it before run this plugin'. So it won't work, anyone have a workaround or something that will let me continue to use it?

dfort

Quote from: wadehome on September 28, 2015, 01:42:29 PM
Hey guys, I love this plugin and it has always been super efficient and amazingly useful and I use Dual ISO all the time! Only issue is; OSX 10.11 El Capitan has this new 'rootless' feature which disqualifies any access to /usr/bin which is where dcraw and exiftool are stored and installed to. So since updating to 10.11, choosing to export to Dual ISO converter shows the 'Dependancies Error: This plugin (cr2hdr) need dcraw and exiftool. Please install it before run this plugin'. So it won't work, anyone have a workaround or something that will let me continue to use it?

Uh oh--can't say I saw this coming but mentioned this a couple months ago:

« Reply #741 on: July 19, 2015, 03:05:19 AM »
Quote from: dfort
There are lots of ways to improve the user experience for Mac--make an installer that puts all the dependencies in the right place, define a local path by having the lua script call a system command, modify cr2hdr to accept a path argument when calling exiftool and dcraw, etc. The tricky part is not breaking the plug-in for Windows systems.

All of this is way beyond my coding abilities.

The issue is that if you download the plugin you'll find exiftool and dcraw in the plugin's bin/lib directory but OS-X looks into the system path for these programs. Obviously it is time to revisit this issue.

wadehome

Quote from: dfort on September 28, 2015, 04:45:26 PM
Uh oh--can't say I saw this coming but mentioned this a couple months ago:

« Reply #741 on: July 19, 2015, 03:05:19 AM »
The issue is that if you download the plugin you'll find exiftool and dcraw in the plugin's bin/lib directory but OS-X looks into the system path for these programs. Obviously it is time to revisit this issue.

So it's Lightroom that looks to /usr/bin/ for the dcraw and exiftool? I can probably create a redirect script for it. I'm overseas at the moment but I'll do my best to see what I can come up with, even if it's a temporary thing for now, I'll share whatever I can make, if I can make something.

Walter Schulz

No. Inside plug-in scripts cr2hdr is called and it will look for both executables via OS X because cr2hdr can't do (yet?).

dfort

Quote from: wadehome on September 29, 2015, 06:46:16 AM
So it's Lightroom that looks to /usr/bin/ for the dcraw and exiftool? I can probably create a redirect script for it. I'm overseas at the moment but I'll do my best to see what I can come up with, even if it's a temporary thing for now, I'll share whatever I can make, if I can make something.

It looks like El Capitan, a.k.a. 10.11, still allows installation in /usr/local/bin. Could you give that a try?

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 29, 2015, 07:08:29 AM
No. Inside plug-in scripts cr2hdr is called and it will look for both executables via OS X because cr2hdr can't do (yet?).

There should be a way to have cr2hdr use the dcraw and exiftool that is inside of the LR plugin. This is only an issue with OS-X. I just started looking into dmilligan's ml_dng-cr2hdr20bit branch to see if that is possible.

wadehome

Quote from: dfort on September 29, 2015, 03:36:44 PM
It looks like El Capitan, a.k.a. 10.11, still allows installation in /usr/local/bin. Could you give that a try?
I'll see if I can make an alias that forces it. I mean, I can just boot to recovery mode and make 10.11 stop being a pain, but I mean, that's low level file structure changes and 99% of the users of this plugin won't want to do that, I'm sure, and it's pretty complex. So I will see if I can workaround it.

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 29, 2015, 07:08:29 AM
I'll see if I can edit cr2hdr to not look to OSX/not look to /usr/bin for the exiftool and dcraw. Probably impossible but I'll see what I can do.