Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lintoni

Quote from: nicsut on April 24, 2015, 06:14:10 PM
I have a similar problem to limey on post 502.  Installed on Windows 7 64bit, running Lightroom 5.7, installed into plugins folder, plugin shows enabled and running (green dot showing), but no rightclick menu option nor export menu option showing.

I had initially installed the plugin from another folder, I was in a rush and put it in the wrong folder, and now for the life of me cannot remember which folder I had put it in, so limey's solution does not work for me.  Any suggestions ...?!

Thanks in advance for you help.

Windows Explorer does have a useful search function that should help you find the folder.

nicsut

Quote from: lintoni on April 25, 2015, 11:31:51 AM
Windows Explorer does have a useful search function that should help you find the folder.

Indeed it does.  And it would have helped me had I not deleted the plugin from this folder, and cleared the recycle bin.... :-o 

Really looking for a solution to the problem (other than my stupidity) on windows, of being able to change the plugin folder.  Also note that I have tried deleting the "Lightroom Preferences.agprefs" file and retrying the install, but clearly to problem lies outside of changes made on plugin install to this config file ...

Walter Schulz

Had a related problem with folder naming/location. I had to use the directory name and location I used for installation or LR denied working with this module. Didn't investigate further, though.

kichetof

Unfortunately, I've never had this problem on Mac but I tested now on my windows 7 @work and I've the same problem.
Plugin is loaded without bug, but they are nothing in export context menu... I need to load plugin from the first path that I've installed it...
I'll investigate for Windows users ! :)

Quote from: Audionut on April 25, 2015, 04:49:14 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34113196/ML/dual_iso/_46A0189.CR2
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34113196/ML/dual_iso/_46A0190.CR2

These are from a quick fire pano with the same settings.  Before --same-levels they were rendered with different brightness.

Okay, for me and my collegue, they aren't a different brightness from the 2 pictures after cr2hdr 20bit with same-level. Tried with cr2hdr 20bit 0eabcb0 and cc4340b (latest)

Metadata from 0eabcb0

Final result after cr2hdr 20bit same-level, LR panorama merge and auto tone:

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 22, 2015, 06:16:48 PM
Are you able to test "Same-Levels" option? cr2hdr20 expects a single line argument containing all captures to be processed. Cannot be done sequentially.
This is the command when you enable same-level option:
[9936] MLDualISO DEBUG command : "start /D "C:\Users\tof\Scripts\cr2hdr.lrdevplugin\bin" /B /WAIT /BELOWNORMAL cr2hdr20bit.exe --amaze-edge --cs2x2 --no-bad-pix --fullres --alias-map --stripe-fix --wb=graymax --same-levels "E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189.CR2" "E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0190.CR2" > "E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189-_46A0190.TXT""

kichetof

@Windows users,

Maybe I found something... :)

Could you try it for me (on mine, it works, but I made a lot of tests...)

Edit file Info.lua under cr2hdr.lrplugin and add this after builtInPresetsDir = "presets", (line 42):

id = "",

If it doesn't works anyway, keep in place and add this on line 45 (after },):

LrForceInitPlugin = true,

final result:

LrExportServiceProvider = {
        title = LOC "$$$/ML/ExportDialog/ExportMenu/Title=Magic Lantern",
        file = 'MLExportServiceProvider.lua',
        builtInPresetsDir = "presets",
        id = "",
},
LrForceInitPlugin = true,

After some tests, it works without LrForceInitPlugin, but...

Let me know!! :)

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 28, 2015, 04:07:19 PM
@Windows users,

Maybe I found something... :)

After some tests, it works without LrForceInitPlugin, but...

Let me know!! :)

Firstly, a thousand thanks, for the plugin and all the effort you have put into this, and for trying to troubleshoot this issue.

I have manage tod get the menu options to show but unfortunately not with the edits to info.lua (I managed to work out where I had originally installed the plugin from...).

Neither of the additional lines affected allowed the right-click access to work.  Nor did they allow the plugin to show in the File/Export menu option, the plugin is not listed in the left hand column list.  However without either of these edits the plugin is accessible from the "Export To" dropdown list at the too of the "Export x File(s)" dialogue.

Nonetheless, your help is much appreciated.  Fantastic work!!

kichetof

Okay...
Crazy mode: another thing you can try... Try to enable/disable the plugin many times (5-10 times) and very fast! Try to reload the plugin a lot too!

Let me know!

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 28, 2015, 10:41:05 PM
Okay...
Crazy mode: another thing you can try... Try to enable/disable the plugin many times (5-10 times) and very fast! Try to reload the plugin a lot too!

Let me know!

Tried both options several times, still no joy ...

kichetof

Quote from: nicsut on April 28, 2015, 11:27:00 PM
Tried both options several times, still no joy ...

:(
Have you try to edit Info.lua and after modifications, crazy mode?
I'll create a topic on Adobe forum, I hope somebody will help me and you! :)

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 07:01:28 AM
:(
Have you try to edit Info.lua and after modifications, crazy mode?
I'll create a topic on Adobe forum, I hope somebody will help me and you! :)

Thanks once again for your super reactivity on this  :)

I believe I had let the info.lua changes in place when I tried the crazy stuff, but will check when I get back home tonight. (Will ensure that I try with and without each of the changes).

In the meantime, I have a functioning version of the plugin (albeit installed in the "wrong" folder), so I am sure you have more important things to worry about  ;D

Might just be worth a comment in the install instructions in the first post just to give a heads up that this problem exists?  And if I may be so bold, also worth a comment in the first post regarding the  DNG limitation in v3.0 BETA3?

Information about DNG file. If you convert a DNG, this file is overwritten by cr2hdr and moved with suffix by the plugin and original file kept in Lightroom (but file is missing).

kichetof

I'll solve this bug, believe me  8)

Maybe I'll remove the original DNG file... so no comment about it! :)

I've some trouble at work to login to adobe forums...

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 09:47:12 AM
I'll solve this bug, believe me  8)

I admire your tenacity - thanks  ;)

Maybe I'll remove the original DNG file... so no comment about it! :)

Personally my preference would be to retain the original file (for reprocessing by cr2hdr in the future with different options, or based on new releases of the utility).  If this is problematic to achieve with DNGs as the source, then I would modify my current workflow to not convert to DNG on import to LR, and then do the conversion to DNG (excluding any CR2s that I keyword as "Dual ISO Source") as a separate step.

DeafEyeJedi

You're definitely on a roll, @kichetof!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kichetof

Quote from: nicsut on April 29, 2015, 10:38:13 AM
I admire your tenacity - thanks  ;)

:)

I retested to reproduce the bug and maybe that I found something interesting... Edit Info.lua with both modification (id and ForceInit), copy the .lrplugin to your destination path, add it to LR plugin manager and reload the plugin, close LR and voila it works well... if you could watching my head...  :o :o

Quote from: nicsut on April 29, 2015, 10:38:13 AM
Personally my preference would be to retain the original file (for reprocessing by cr2hdr in the future with different options, or based on new releases of the utility).  If this is problematic to achieve with DNGs as the source, then I would modify my current workflow to not convert to DNG on import to LR, and then do the conversion to DNG (excluding any CR2s that I keyword as "Dual ISO Source") as a separate step.

Okay, maybe it's not very easy to see what happen.
When you pass a DNG file to cr2hdr (and 20bit), the final file result to a unique DNG.

An exemple is more comprehensible :

I've in my folder 2 files: _46A0189.CR2 and _46A0189.DNG
When I pass _46A0189.CR2 with cr2hdr, this is what happen:

Input file      : E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189.CR2
Output file     : E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189.DNG (already exists, overwriting)

When I pass the DNG file _46A0189.DNG, this is what happen:

Input file      : E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189.DNG
Output file     : E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189.DNG

The original DNG dual ISO file (with banding) is overwrited by the exec.
My plugin add a suffix to the filename by moving it, so the original DNG file doesn't exist anyway, but LR keep in the catalog but there is no original file.

So, this is the final result after LR cr2hdr plugin finished:

E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189-dualiso.DNG

_46A0189.DNG doesn't exist, but LR keep this reference into the catalog ;) maybe I'll remove this reference, no ?

I don't know if my explainations are understandable :)

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 11:04:29 AM
I retested to reproduce the bug and maybe that I found something interesting... Edit Info.lua with both modification (id and ForceInit), copy the .lrplugin to your destination path, add it to LR plugin manager and reload the plugin, close LR and voila it works well... if you could watching my head...  :o :o

OK thanks - will try this this evening when I get home...  :)  Just for clarification, when you say "destination path" this is any new folder from which I wish to install the plugin that is not the original folder that plugin was installed from?

I don't know if my explainations are understandable :)

Very clear and understandable in terms of what happens file wise.

In terms of the catalogue however while indeed I could still see the original DNGs referenced in the (for instance) Last Import view in the Library (as you describe, they are not removed, but the file is missing), the newly created files with the "dualiso" file suffix are not visible in this view, but they are visible if I navigate through the folder structure ...   perhaps I am missing something, but not ideal from my perspective  :-\

The CR2 handling IMHO is perfect, ideally for me the DNG handling would mimic this.  As follows:

Input file                        : E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189.DNG
Copy Input File to Output filename: E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189-dualiso.DNG
Output file                       : E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189-dualiso.DNG

The target DNG dual ISO file (with banding) is overwriten by the exec, and this new file is added to the catalogue along side the original file.

Now that is just my perspective, not sure if this is achievable or is in sync with the majority of your user base  :-\

kichetof

Quote from: nicsut on April 29, 2015, 01:09:38 PM
OK thanks - will try this this evening when I get home...  :)  Just for clarification, when you say "destination path" this is any new folder from which I wish to install the plugin that is not the original folder that plugin was installed from?

yes, the path where you want to "install" the plugin ;)

Very clear and understandable in terms of what happens file wise.

In terms of the catalogue however while indeed I could still see the original DNGs referenced in the (for instance) Last Import view in the Library (as you describe, they are not removed, but the file is missing), the newly created files with the "dualiso" file suffix are not visible in this view, but they are visible if I navigate through the folder structure ...   perhaps I am missing something, but not ideal from my perspective  :-\

Personnaly, I doesn't use the Last Imported view, I always naviguate (in LR) into the folder where I imported my raw.

The CR2 handling IMHO is perfect, ideally for me the DNG handling would mimic this.  As follows:

Input file                        : E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189.DNG
Copy Input File to Output filename: E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189-dualiso.DNG
Output file                       : E:\Mes images\Photographies\dualiso\Audionut files\_46A0189-dualiso.DNG

The target DNG dual ISO file (with banding) is overwriten by the exec, and this new file is added to the catalogue along side the original file.

Now that is just my perspective, not sure if this is achievable or is in sync with the majority of your user base  :-\

Okay, I know what you want.
I can copy the DNG file to the destination file and use the copied files instead of the original file and process it.
That you have .DNG (original with banding) and -dualiso.DNG (cr2hdr pass) in result.

--> TODO : check!

download this alpha beta plugin, don't forget, this is a BETA ! I've made a lot of tests but be careful!!

I already hear that somebody doesn't want to keep the original DNG  8) Don't worry, make some try and if everything works, I'll add an option to enable/disable the copy :)

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 01:46:50 PM

--> TODO : check!

download this alpha beta plugin, don't forget, this is a BETA ! I've made a lot of tests but be careful!!

I already hear that somebody doesn't want to keep the original DNG  8) Don't worry, make some try and if everything works, I'll add an option to enable/disable the copy :)

errm, just wow  :o :)

Didn't expect that kind of turn arround speed!!  Can't wait to get home to try 8)

Totally understand that others have other expectations - great that you can accomodate us all via an option  :)

kichetof

UI added !
Just could not wait  8)

New link to try it!

TODO NOT POSSIBLE: remove DNG file from LR when user want it!
hum... there are no reference to remove picture from LR catalog in the SDK...

::) ::) 1 year after...
Quote from: kichetof on May 07, 2014, 11:25:46 AM
Unfortunately, I don't found anything to remove the photo from the catalog and I think it's a LR protection.
https://forums.adobe.com/message/3388099#3388099

DeafEyeJedi

Does this apply towards for Mac's as well?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kichetof

Every time for both platform!
Don't forget that I'm a Mac user :)

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 11:04:29 AM

Sorry, more head scratching in order... this did not work for me. :-[

Tried in the default plugin folder, and in another folder.  Still no right-click option, and does not show in export presets list, but can access via "export x files" dropdown list...  Tried with my own edits on info.lua, and with your alpha version on the dng treatment ... no joy with either  :'(

kichetof

Try to remove the plugin. Close LR. restart LR. Close LR. Install plugin with plugin manager. Close LR and try to export :)

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 04:48:24 PM
UI added !
Just could not wait  8)

Same link to try it!

TODO NOT POSSIBLE: remove DNG file from LR when user want it!
hum... there are no reference to remove picture from LR catalog in the SDK...

::) ::) 1 year after...https://forums.adobe.com/message/3388099#3388099

unfortunately I had errors on this as follows "keep original DNG after conversion" was selected:

There has been an error
Please report the problem to Magic Lantern forum
AgImportSession.addOnePhotoToLibrary: failed to import photo

followed by

Unable to Export:
An internal error has occured:
AgImportSession.addOnePhotoToLibrary: failed to import photo

sorry  ::)

kichetof

:) I like it!

Could you post the name of the dual ISO and all settings do you set to export please :)

nicsut

Quote from: kichetof on April 29, 2015, 07:57:56 PM
Try to remove the plugin. Close LR. restart LR. Close LR. Install plugin with plugin manager. Close LR and try to export :)

Still no joy  :(