Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_overseas

No shame on you at all! Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I can't thank you enough for providing Windows support even though you're developing on Mac.

Your fix works, thank you. There was another problem however which meant that I kept seeing the same behaviour even with your fix in place. I ended up adding some additional logging to figure out what was going on. It turned out it was because the previous failed conversion attempts added a "no Dual-ISO" keyword to ALL the photos including the dual ISO ones, so they'd get skipped straight away :) To fix this I just deleted that keyword from one photo then synced the change across all the others; once that was done the conversion started working correctly again. Presumably everyone else who was affected by this bug will need to do the same thing.
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

kichetof

Many thanks chris_overseas!

Download latest BETA3 with fix for windows users.

Workaround to fix unconverted pictures:

On Lightroom, select the folders where dual iso are located, search all picture by keywords = no Dual ISO and remove this keyword!

Enjoy!

limey

For whatever reason, I can't this plugin to work anymore with LR 5.3. I've tried all the version from 2.2.1 to beta 3. It used to be on my export right click menu, but no longer. It is also not under the export settings window either like in some of these screenshots.

I created a new catalog and still didn't work.

kichetof

Hi limey, could you check into plugin manager if you have some trouble with the plugin
Open plug-in manager:
Win: Ctrl + Alt + Shift + , (comma)
Mac: Command + Option + Shift + , (comma)

If it works, you have a green circle near the plugin name.
If not, could you send me the error message from the right panel ?

limey

No it says enabled. On all versions I installed, it said it was enabled with no errors.

Walter Schulz

Walter Schulz

Maybe you have the same error I had: After renaming/changing the plug-in's folder the app won't work at all.
You had a running configuration once, right?
If so: Try using the same foldername you used there.

limey

Got it working:
Initially, I tried renaming the extracted plugin folder. It still didn't work.

My plugin lived in the downloads folder and that is where I am adding it to LR from as well.

I left the plugin in the downloads folder, but moved the cr2hdr.lrplugin to the Downloads folder and when I added the plugin to LR it worked.

I now see the export window when I right click as well as the extra window after the export.

kichetof

It's a really strange problem with Windows !
Unfortunately, I don't have Windows to try it, so I can't investigate the problem, sorry guys !

philmoz

@Walter - I have both OS X and (shudder) Windows 8.1; but can't reproduce the problem.

Tried renaming the plugin folder in windows explorer; which removed the plugin from LR - when I re-added the plugin to LR it continued to work correctly in the new directory.

Did you do something different?

Phil.

Jeff Lombardo

Does anyone know what ERROR #11 means in the Lightroom Plugin for OSX?

I've successfully used Dual ISO on my iMac at home but now that I'm using it on my laptop it's not working.

Please advise....

kichetof

@Jeff could you share a print screen and with what settings the error come ?

50D

I use Mac. I try it.

Thanks from Spain

DeafEyeJedi

@kichetof -- my apologies I didn't realized you responded to one of my post from weeks ago. Somehow it got buried along... anyway I still have the original MLV file as well as the DNG's (pre and post MLVFS) and I've been also noticing that your plug-in beta 3 works for most part except for when sometimes LR processing bar on top left corner freezes or does not show percentage BUT when I go into my folder and can see the cr2hdr 20-bit doing its job as usual.

Perhaps its because I'm running mavricks on a 2006 Macbook Pro.  :o

I'm still on the fence between MLVFS (works with cr2hdr-r through Automator) and your plug-in on LR5 although it can be buggy at times when using it together with MLVFS.

Thanks again for your dedication and correspondents on keeping your plug-in's useful in the long run.

Let me know if you still want the samples of my original MLV and DNG's for your own experiments!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

lureb74

Hi,

The "compress" and "compress lossy" options doesn't work: no conversion at all.

I report a bug using the "same levels" option (I don't know if it is already known):

when I try to export lots of dngs (over 600) windows gives me this error message:
Win32 API error 206 ("Nome del file o estensione troppo lunga.") when calling ShellExecuteExW from AgWorkspace.shellExecute

Exporting not-so-many dngs (e.g. 90 to 400) it will be no conversion at all. It works only with less than 90 dngs!

dwalk51

I feel like I'm going crazy but maybe I'm using the program incorrectly. Whenever I run the latest BETA3, it works flawlessly but overwrites my original file, which causes lightroom to show the original as a missing file in my catalog. I'm running off a Retina Macbook OSX 10.9.5 and Lightroom 5. Any help fixing this problem? When I uninstall the BETA3 plugin and install the latest stable version, it runs just fine.

kichetof

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 16, 2014, 01:44:57 AM
I'm still on the fence between MLVFS (works with cr2hdr-r through Automator) and your plug-in on LR5 although it can be buggy at times when using it together with MLVFS.

There are some problems with MLVFS, but I don't use it. I'll try to use it to make some tests.

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 16, 2014, 01:44:57 AM
Thanks again for your dedication and correspondents on keeping your plug-in's useful in the long run.

:)

Quote from: lureb74 on October 16, 2014, 10:33:20 PM
The "compress" and "compress lossy" options doesn't work: no conversion at all.

Which version do you use ?

Quote from: lureb74 on October 16, 2014, 10:33:20 PM
I report a bug using the "same levels" option (I don't know if it is already known):

when I try to export lots of dngs (over 600) windows gives me this error message:
Win32 API error 206 ("Nome del file o estensione troppo lunga.") when calling ShellExecuteExW from AgWorkspace.shellExecute

Exporting not-so-many dngs (e.g. 90 to 400) it will be no conversion at all. It works only with less than 90 dngs!

I don't speek italian, but your problem come from Windows, because the syntax of the command line are to long. You need to split your conversion and apply same-levels after with exiftool command.

Exiftool -r *.DNG "-WhiteLevel<BlackLevel" -overwrite_original
Exiftool -r *.DNG "-WhiteLevel+=50000" -overwrite_original

Quote from: dwalk51 on October 20, 2014, 11:57:18 PM
I feel like I'm going crazy but maybe I'm using the program incorrectly. Whenever I run the latest BETA3, it works flawlessly but overwrites my original file, which causes lightroom to show the original as a missing file in my catalog. I'm running off a Retina Macbook OSX 10.9.5 and Lightroom 5. Any help fixing this problem? When I uninstall the BETA3 plugin and install the latest stable version, it runs just fine.

Your files are DNG or CR2 ?

Quote from: kichetof on September 13, 2014, 01:59:45 PM
Information about DNG file. If you convert a DNG, this file is overwritten by cr2hdr and moved with suffix by the plugin and original file kept in Lightroom (but file is missing).

dwalk51

Quote from: kichetof on October 21, 2014, 11:09:21 AM

Your files are DNG or CR2 ?

Ah, that's my problem. Yes, I'm using DNG files. I suppose if I'm using DualISO I'll import as CR2's and later convert to DNG if need be. Thanks.

camagna

hi everybody, and most of all hi kichetof. Anyone know why development of this astonishing and extremely useful plugin has stopped? I'd be willing to pay to get some updates... Please let us know what's going on!!

DeafEyeJedi

I second that as well @camgna & @kichetof!

DeafEyeJedi

or not?

**assuming all is well with the current plug-in?

camagna

Please kichetof, give us some news. Any news. Please.

nonax

Ok, so strange problem here.

When I shoot dual ISO images in portrait orientation, camera knows its portrait and rotates image accordingly.

When I import into LR, whether as a cr2 or dng file, LR knows its portrait and rotates accordingly

When I use the cr2hdr plugin to convert the dual ISO image, if its a dng, it wont rotate the image upon import. I then tested the same image but the cr2 version and the created image was rotated upon upload.

So dng does not auto-rotate after I've run it through the cr2hdr plugin (both v2.1 and 3.0BETA) for some reason.

Any ideas?

PS I want LR to import my images as DNG and not CR2 from now on (this is the first time I've tried it), because I've been told that my LR edits are stored within the DNG file, as opposed to the catalog file for cr2 (by default) or a xmp file (I would have to check the box in settings for every catalog I make - I make a new catalog every shoot)

russellsnr

Hi, I put this question in the Gen Help section and was directed here so!!
I installed a new hard drive and some software including Lightroom 5
before I did anything the Dual ISO plug-in worked fine with the image below

showing with options but now after installing the V3.0 when I send an image to the plug-in it just converts and sends back to Lightroom!
Is this now how it should work please as I get no options to use the 20 bit that I had before.
Please before/if someone answers I have read a lot of this original posting here and it is well over my head as far as change this here and change that number there.
I use Win 7 64 bit same as I did on the old drive.
Many Thanks
Russ
SORTED