Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kichetof

I like it but it need to be useful and don't surcharge the GUI.

I'll make a test to watch the final visual!

russellsnr

Hi, OK plonker question!!
I do not understand any of the tech stuff about change this string or that letter what I need to no in simple terms is how once I have finished with the image in Lightroom how do I get it to show in my external editor (OnOne suite 8.5) without the lines all across the image. It looks great in Lightroom but when exported direct or even to a folder and opened from the OnOne suite I get the lines?
Many Thanks for the Lightroom plug-in works great.
Russ

kichetof

Hi russellsnr, are you sure do you open the converted image in OnOne ? (you need to open img_1234-dualiso.dng and the image isn't striped)

@Walter stay tuned! you were right...  8)

russellsnr

Hi, Firstly thank you the reply.
I exported the DNG to OnOne direct from Lightroom and also from a saved version on computer.
These are the results I have, in Lightroom great.

kichetof

You took a picture of your screen ‽ :) joke!

Try to run in a terminal cr2hdr your_picture.cr2 and try to open it into OnOne, and then we will know if the problem comes from cr2hdr in LR plugin or from cr2hdr only ;)

kichetof

New GUI

As Walter suggested, I refactored the GUI, and... I like it a lot! (Thanks guy!)

(Sorry for french translation in printscreen, when I switch in english, my export manager windows are too small and I can't resize it...)

akry

A GUI thing: the settings are not fitting into the export dialog window. It is not horizontal resizable in LR on Windows.

kichetof

Thanks akry for the feedback!
I just committed a new logo (in png to try to fix the transparency...) and let me know if the width is ok and after that, I'll find a way to match all in this width :)

What do you think if I put the gray text which is in on the right into a tooltip for each items ? Except for cr2hdr arguments, I need to find an other way

First try with args: (changed label size and removed --)

And now with plugin option

Source updated, could you please try ?

swinxx

Can you please offer a compiled version for testing. I have no idea how to compile the plugin. Thx

kichetof

no compile needed, only download from source and replace old files ;)

Replace MLDialogs.lua with this version

Stedda

Width works fine for me on Windows 7 LR5.4.... plugin gets better every time. Thanks for all your work. This plugin is a real winner!
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

Walter Schulz

Thanks, kichetof!

But! I wanted to get rid of tabs, but now we have *two* sections with tabs in it. Instead of going tabs I would prefer file handling following LR's "Hard Drive" export dialog design.
In LR there are two sections covering file manipulation: One "Export Location", one "File Naming".

====
EDIT:

Changed item order in cr2hdr argument tab, too.
====

Another option to prevent users losing orientation inside plug-ins: Separators. In my opinion they will do fine in "arguments" tab section. No reservations about tabs in this section ... now.

Ciao
Walter

russellsnr

Quote from: kichetof on May 15, 2014, 09:29:22 PM
You took a picture of your screen ‽ :) joke!

Try to run in a terminal cr2hdr your_picture.cr2 and try to open it into OnOne, and then we will know if the problem comes from cr2hdr in LR plugin or from cr2hdr only ;)
Hi, Sorry not sure what you are asking but I have tried exporting from Lightroom to Photoshop CS 6 and a single image to Machinery HDR pro with excellent results in both. Not being savvy in all this software programing talk it makes it sound complected to change things.
Thanks again
Russ

Walter Schulz

Quote from: russellsnr on May 17, 2014, 03:38:22 PMHi, Sorry not sure what you are asking

He asked you to run cr2hdr from commandline/terminal like you did before in
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7342.msg94426#msg94426

russellsnr

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 17, 2014, 05:28:49 PM
He asked you to run cr2hdr from commandline/terminal like you did before in
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7342.msg94426#msg94426
Hi, Thank you for all the help/advice.
I have UN-installed then re-installed the L/R plug-in, restarted computer  and now it is working fine I have no idea why or how but it's working.
Again
Thank You
Russ

lureb74

Hello,

First, great plugin kichetof! I post my experiment with the intention to help developing (because I'm not a coder :)).

I just tried to use the latest 2.2 beta6 to convert a 60fps Dual-ISO mlv_raw video at 1920x448. The video was shooted in manual mode, 1/120 speed, with a samyang 85mm at f/2, ISO 100-800. Converted in LR with theese settings:

Upscaled to 1920x734 and conformed to 30fps in post. Here's the result:

As you can see, it have flickering (see the white paper) and seems that exposition changes when passing from light to dark areas (the wooden door) and vice versa... what do you think about it?

Have a question: what is "Octave"? I find this program: http://octave.sourceforge.net/, is that right? How to use it and what kind of improvements can make to this kind of workflow?

Many thanks,

Lorenzo

a1ex

The --same-levels option requires all the files to be passed in the same command line.

If they are passed one by one, it will have no effect.

kichetof

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 17, 2014, 03:03:30 PM
====
EDIT:

Changed item order in cr2hdr argument tab, too.
====

Another option to prevent users losing orientation inside plug-ins: Separators. In my opinion they will do fine in "arguments" tab section. No reservations about tabs in this section ... now.

Ciao
Walter

@Walter I like this concept! Could you send me a pull request with your changes?
Do you have an exemple with separators ?

@lureb74 thanks! But for your problem, I need to check a1ex answer :)
if I didn't say stupidity, Octave is like Matlab

Quote from: a1ex on May 19, 2014, 10:30:16 PM
The --same-levels option requires all the files to be passed in the same command line.

If they are passed one by one, it will have no effect.

Ouch...! LR export one by one... so to apply this setting, I need to export all and run after cr2hdr on all files... Maybe I'll disable this setting until I found the best way to do that properly!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: kichetof on May 20, 2014, 10:03:45 AM
@Walter I like this concept! Could you send me a pull request with your changes?

Not that sure if that's a good idea. I intended to make a mock-up, not actual code *doing* something. So I had some fun with CTRL-C/CTRL-V and never tried generating DNGs.

Quote from: kichetof on May 20, 2014, 10:03:45 AM
Do you have an exemple with separators ?

Tried that option and ended up not liking it anymore.

More suggestions for GUI layout:

Could you insert some "blank" (= grey) below slider?

Ciao
Walter

jackyjack

It works like a charm and redefines the possibilities of my little eos m :)

kichetof

No problem to add a spacer it looks good!
Don't worry about copy paste! If you doesn't change any bind or values all will works like a charm! Send me your version and I'll lookup if everything seems okay :)
I'll in holydays in some days (welcome BHPV) so I don't have enough time!

kichetof

Thanks Walter! I'll try to add it tomorrow :)

Walter Schulz

Meanwhile, across the border:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/05/22/dxo-optics-pro-9-5-now-integrates-with-adobe-lightroom?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_2
They make much fuss about beeing the first application transfering RAW from LR and putting a DNG back there.
Quote:
"Up until now, exporting a RAW image from Lightroom to another software application required first converting it to JPEG or TIFF format, which can reduce image quality. DxO Optics Pro v9.5 offers the first non- destructive workflow that is completely integrated with Lightroom."

Cheers, kichetof and enjoy this and your holidays!

Ciao
Walter

kichetof

Yeah good news for DxO users!

@Walter I doesn't have yet the time to edit the plugin with your modification! I hope that I will write before my holidays!