Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

I think you can export them all at once. Cr2hdr will probably skip the ones who aren,t dual iso. Try

Teletobi

Yeah, exporting works fine. The problem is, that after the export I have the following files: .dng , .cr2 without dual iso AND unfortunately .cr2 WITH dual iso. I was hoping to automatically delete the .cr2 with dual iso and keep the other files after export.

Danne

Don, t know the answer to that. Though. There is a setting (unreliable) which names the dual-iso files to dualiso. It, s in the dual iso magic lantern menu in camera. Think it, s still there

kichetof

@Teletobi you can filter by keywords ;) "Dual-ISO"

In the next release, I'll add a possibility to reject dual iso cr2 pictures to keep only the dng (I can't delete a picture from plugin, LR restriction)

Teletobi

Actually this wont solve my problem. Now I wrote a little tool to do the following job:
This tool will delete all CR2s, which have a corresponding DNG in the same folder. All other CR2s will remain untouched.

Instructions
1) Open Lightroom
2) Import files from the SD-/CF-Card
3) Use Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v2.1 to convert CR2 dual iso images to DNG
Note: Don't use subfolders for the output! Just place the DNGs in the same folder as the CR2s. At best leave "-dualiso" as suffix.
4) Close Lightroom.
5) Use filedelete_v01.exe to delete all unnecessary CR2s. All non-dualiso-CR2s will stay, just the dualiso-images will be deleted.
6) Open Lightroom, go to Library -> search for missing photos.
7) Remove all missing photos from the library.
8) Finished.

Downloadlinks
Tool
http://www.animal-shots.com/downloads/ml/filedelete_v01.exe
Sourcecode VB.net
http://www.animal-shots.com/downloads/ml/filedelete_v01_sourcecode.rar

Note: Use at your own risk! Dont make me responsible for loss of data!

HF!

kichetof

Okay I know what you mean!

I added in the future release the flag to rejected on the original file, then you will be able to filter by flag and keyword and remove not needed pictures.

And with cr2hdr-20bit there are an argument to remove the original picture after conversion

Teletobi

Quote from: kichetof on May 11, 2014, 09:07:15 PM
I added in the future release the flag to rejected on the original file, then you will be able to filter by flag and keyword and remove not needed pictures.

And with cr2hdr-20bit there are an argument to remove the original picture after conversion

Perfect! Meanwhile I will use the tool :)

Thank you for your great work!

kichetof

First try for cr2hdr-20bit GUI

@a1ex
For soft-film, what's the min and max values acceptable ? Actually I set from 0.0 to 20.0 is it right ?
Could you confirm this default settings ?

a1ex

Default is 0, the unit is in stops, so I'd say reasonable values are from 0 to 10.

BTW, the WB checkboxes should be in the same radio group.

kichetof

So quick! Thanks!
I set from 0 to 10 and use integral value (displayed in float...)

Disabled status when cr2hdr-20bit is not selected (I can't find a way to hide the tab... if you know :)))

kichetof

cr2hdr 2.2 BETA 6

What's news:

• Button for restoring default settings
  • Option for setting the flag as rejected
  • cr2hdr-20bit support added
  • dcraw 9.21*
  • exiftool 9.60*

Download cr2hdr 2.2 BETA 6

Please test, test and test and send me the right translation :)

* for future release of cr2hdr-20bit with local executables (see pull request on bitbucket MagicLantern) !

Walter Schulz

No native speaker therefore some doubts about
"Restore to defaults".
If I ask my guts I would go with "Restore factory settings" or "Restore default settings".
But my guts won't have any chance to pass TOEFL ...
Native speakers, please jump in!

@kichetof: You're spreading space decease again! Stop it, please!
This is wrong !
This is correct!

"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ExecRestore=Einstellungen zurücksetzen"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASFlag=Originaldatei als 'Abgelehnt' markieren?"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASFlagInfo=Haken entfernen, um nicht zu markieren"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/AScr2hdr=cr2hdr-Version auswählen"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/AScr2hdrInfo=cr2hdr 'klassisch' oder cr2hdr-20bit 'experimentell'"

Ciao
Walter

kichetof

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 12, 2014, 10:17:18 PM
@kichetof: You're spreading space decease again! Stop it, please!

This is wrong ! This is correct in french
This is correct! This is wrong in french

I wrote too quickly the translation file to take care about punctuation ;)

Thanks for your translation. Already committed.

Walter Schulz

Thanks!

Open to discussion:
- Change radio button/slider font style to black. 

Not happy with popup control "AScr2hdr=Choose which version of cr2hdr:" location in "Advanced Settings". What about a radio button inside section "cr2hdr optional arguments"? If selected 'classic' (=cr2hdr) tab/options for cr2hdr-20bit will be greyed out (not selectable) and other way round for 'experimental' (=cr2hdr-20bit)?

Walter Schulz

About continuity:

Suggestion: Change caption left 'cr2hdr' to 'Dual ISO' or 'Dual ISO Converter'.
Okay with you, a1ex?

kichetof

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 12, 2014, 11:12:11 PM
Thanks!

Open to discussion:
- Change radio button/slider font style to black. 

Approved!

like that ?

Walter Schulz

I like it. A lot! Second/third/fourth opinion welcome!

Cream on top:

kichetof

Walter Schulz

kichetof

Walter Schulz

kichetof, new build, please!
Having some ideas ...

kichetof

If it's some useful and quickly added ideas I can add before the release! Else I'll add after a "long" break ;) v3 on starting block!

I need some help for translation!

Walter Schulz

Short term: New design in parameter section. Same for log view.

v3: Choose between several customized settings.
"Ring around the rosie": 1 pic in -> x rendered pics out with different cr2hdr parameters. Will do a user poll for this one. Not sure if it suits user needs.

kichetof

I thought to rewrite it but I didn't think to use tab items. How do you imagine it? How many tab items? Which terms to use for each item? (Short text < ~15 char)

Regarding the possibility to ask user to change parameters when rendering I have some doubts... Many users ask me to mute the alerts when rendering.
I think it's more relevant to launch a second exportation in the same time or after with the news settings.

To solve some problems with dependencies, I'll wait for new features in cr2hdr to use local exec (dcraw & exiftool) before release the next final version! :)

Walter Schulz

Quote from: kichetof on May 14, 2014, 07:24:42 AM
I thought to rewrite it but I didn't think to use tab items.

Same here. Want to get rid of tabs for good.