Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kichetof

@Walter
With all the changes, I even thought of a version 3 :)

So feel free to propose your ideas and I'll examine if I add now or in near future!

To release this version, I need a double check in translation, especially in swedish and portuguese ;)

kichetof

I've added a dynamically method to update synopsis when you change default settings.

(You can see the synopsis when you minimize section)

Could you please send me the correct translation for DE, SV, PT ? :)

garry23

I guess like many I am waiting with bated breath to use the 20-bit version.

You seem well passed the Pareto point :-)

Hope I can try out tonight. 

kichetof

I think it's for the end of this week :) too late to write it now

Stay tuned!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: kichetof on May 06, 2014, 12:32:26 AM(You can see the synopsis when you minimize section)

Well, I see them ...
The synopsis strings doesn't match with their sections. Makes no sense to me to translate them.

The whole concept is a little bit beyond my understanding: Each section has a header telling what will be found in it. Good so far. And if a section is closed there will be a second text but why? Cannot see the benefit.
KISS = Keep it simple ...

Ciao
Walter

kichetof

When I run dozens of times the plugin, it's more simple for me to see if I have changed something.
And I think its can be useful for beginer users :)

Walter Schulz

Then there is no need to translate a string which will add up to user confusion: Just copy section header strings to synopsis.

Still not seeing the benefit, though. Might be more convincing if you have an example showing a synopsis actually helping.

"Lightbulb!" moment missing.

kichetof

I wanted to add a summary of changes (for cr2hdr exemple like: --fast or --cs5x5 etc) but I think it will charge a lot the GUI for nothing.

When the section is open, you don't see the synopsis. I run a lot of tests and believe me, it's really more simple with that  :) and there are only 2 strings to translate

With these 2 strings, you know directly if there are a modification or not and you don't need to verify all fields manually (especially for cr2hdr args)

Sometimes I add some useful functions for users and sometime I add some useful functions for me  8)

g3gg0

Quote from: kichetof on May 05, 2014, 10:59:25 PM
make cr2hdr
REBUILDING
[ README   ]   module_strings.h
[ gcc      ]   cr2hdr
kelvin.c: In function 'adobe_coeff':
kelvin.c:314:25: warning: iteration 3u invokes undefined behavior [-Waggressive-loop-optimizations]
           cam_xyz[0][j] = table[i].trans[j] / 10000.0;
                         ^
kelvin.c:313:9: note: containing loop
         for (j=0; j < 12; j++)
         ^

yeah the line should be:

cam_xyz[j/3][j%3] = table[i].trans[j] / 10000.0;

due to the way how compilers organize it in memory, it wont make a functional difference.
but compilers may be free to place it in a different way or do optimizations - then it would hurt.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Walter Schulz

Lightbulb!

String "a" if defaults are used. String "b" if not!
Boy, that *does* make sense!

Will there be a button (or more, one for each tab?) to restore factory defaults?

Ciao

kichetof

Quote from: g3gg0 on May 06, 2014, 09:40:43 AM
yeah the line should be:
cam_xyz[j/3][j%3] = table.trans[j] / 10000.0;

if thou say :) I believe you!

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 06, 2014, 09:41:28 AM
Will there be a button (or more, one for each tab?) to restore factory defaults?

You read in my mind  8)
I think I'll add one by section (one for cr2hdr args and one for plugin settings)

g3gg0

(updated my post and added markup to treat it as code)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Walter Schulz

About synopsis again. My suggestions for english and german strings.

"$$$/ML/ExportManager/SynopsisModuleDefault=This section is using default settings"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/SynopsisModuleCustom=This section is using customized settings"

"$$$/ML/ExportManager/SynopsisModuleDefault=Diese Sektion verwendet die Standardeinstellungen"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/SynopsisModuleCustom=Diese Sektion verwendet geƤnderte Einstellungen"

Tried to find a translation guide about LR terminology without success. Will be grateful for a link or some help here:
section -> Sektion
or
section -> Abschnitt

Ciao
Walter

garry23

Just tried Alex's latest cr2HDR-20bit in the LR plugin and I must say it looks very good.

Thanks to all those working behind the scenes on this post-processing side of ML.

Cheers!

kichetof

Thanks Walter for your suggestions! I'll add it tonight ;)

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 07, 2014, 11:01:24 AM
What about marking as rejected? Is there an API call for "Delete rejected photos"?

It's exactly what I'll add into advanced settings (marking as rejected for cr2hdr and cr2hdr-20bit instead delete).
Unfortunately, I don't found anything to remove the photo from the catalog and I think it's a LR protection.

Regarding the integration of cr2hdr-20bit into the plugin, I need your opinion

What I do ? Add 4 tabs ? Add 1 tab for cr2hdr-20bit with all these settings ? [/i](in my MacBookPro 15", I think if I add 4 tabs, I can't read the whole text)[/i]
I need to add theses arguments:

{
        "Highlight/shadow handling", (struct cmd_option[]) {
            { (int*)&soft_film_ev,    1, "--soft-film=%f",  "bake a soft-film curve to compress highlights and raise shadows by X EV\n"
                                          "                  (if you use this option, you should also specify the white balance)"},
            OPTION_EOL
        },
    },

{
        "White balance", (struct cmd_option[]) {
            { &gray_wb,     WB_GRAY_MAX, "--wb=graymax",    "set AsShotNeutral by maximizing the number of gray pixels (default)" },
            { &gray_wb,     WB_GRAY_MED, "--wb=graymed",    "set AsShotNeutral from the median of R-G and B-G" },
            { &exif_wb,               1, "--wb=exif",       "set AsShotNeutral from EXIF WB (not exactly working)" },
            { (int*)&custom_wb[0],    3, "--wb=%f,%f,%f",   "use custom RGB multipliers (default 2,1,2)" },
            OPTION_EOL
        },
    },

{
        "Flicker handling", (struct cmd_option[]) {
            { (int*)&same_levels,    1, "--same-levels",       "Adjust output white levels to keep the same overall exposure\n"
                                            "                  for all frames passed in a single command line\n"
                                            "                  (useful to avoid flicker - for video or panoramas)" },
            /* todo: deflicker, percentiles... */
            OPTION_EOL
        },
    },

{
        "Misc settings", (struct cmd_option[]) {
            /* Would it be better to use this as default behavior, and have an --overwrite switch? */
            { &skip_existing,  1, "--skip-existing",  "Skip the conversion if the output file already exists" },

{ &embed_original, 1, "--embed-original", "Embed the original CR2 file in the output DNG, and delete the CR2\n"
                                    "                  You will be able to re-process the DNG with a different version or different conversion settings.\n"
                                    "                  To recover the original RAW: exiftool IMG_1234.DNG -OriginalRawFileData -b > IMG_1234.CR2" },
            OPTION_EOL
        },
    },

Walter Schulz

Quote from: kichetof on May 07, 2014, 11:25:46 AM
Unfortunately, I don't found anything to remove the photo from the catalog and I think it's a LR protection.

I think users can do with this limitation. I don't know your workflow but I found it most convinient to set the rejected flag on those pics I want to get rid off and delete this whole creepy bunch later.

Something to add to an upcoming tutorial ...

Quote from: kichetof on May 07, 2014, 11:25:46 AMRegarding the integration of cr2hdr-20bit into the plugin, I need your opinion

Not sure right now. Let me sleep on this. Do you have some kind of GUI layout sketches?

Ciao
Walter

kichetof

My workflow:

Import photo, set the flag and add specific label color for rejected photos and move all rejected pictures with color label to an other catalog ;)

No I don't have some mockup but I'll find or draw this or code an exemple!

garry23

For what's worth, I simply replaced the normal version of cr2hdr with the 20bit one in the LR plugin folder, after renaming it.

All works fine.

Walter Schulz

@kichetof: Any news from the drawing board department?

kichetof

@Walter he is overloaded :)

I wrote the restore default settings yesterday but not fully functionnal. I hope for this evening!

joshuamk

Amazed to hear that there's a 20bit plugin working in lightroom. What files do I need to place in the plugin's 'bin' file? Is there a unix executable for it?

garry23

All I did was download Alex's latest 20 bit cr2hdr exe, rename it and replaced yen existing cr2hdr.exe in the LR plugin folder.

As I say, it worked seamlessly.

BTW I have not kept track with plugin enhancements as they 'only' seem to be addressing the LR user interface.

I will upgrade soon!

joshuamk

I didn't think that worked... I mean when I use the plugin it works with or without the windows cr2hdr.exe, dcraw.exe and exiftool.exe.
So from what I gather the only essential file to run the plugin is the unix executable file.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I see no difference whether the windows .exe files are part of the file structure.

Walter Schulz

Joshua, what are you taking about?
Do you have LR running in Unix (Mac OS excluded)? And which "Unix executable file" do you have?

garry23

So I don't confuse people. I am running the latest LR in a 64bit win environment.

As I said, 'all' I did was replace the cr2hdr.exe in the LR plugin folder.

Cheers