Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Nope. Same error. MLFunctions.lua (present in 2.1) is missing.
German Win7 x64, LR 5.4.

kichetof

It's really strange because I remove all functions from this file... I check

Do you remove the plugin from Plugin Manager on LR ?

Walter Schulz

Yes, removed 2.1 in module manager. Tried to install the beta 2.2 plugin several times. Retried to install 2.1 without any problems. Copied 2.2 beta files and dir to the same location where 2.1 is sitting, renamed old 2.1 folder, too. Doesn't work either.

kichetof

I don't know why it doesn't work on Windows... On my Mac everything works well

Did you try to remove plugin, close LR and reinstall plugin ? Maybe there some informations on cache...
Or last try, copy MLFunctions from 2.1 to 2.2-beta.

If I have some time tonight I'll check else tomorrow ;)

Walter Schulz

No need to look. It's running now.
Renamed the folder containing 2.2 beta matching the old (2.1) folder name and loaded plugin. It showed 2.1 first. Then removed it (module manager) and restarted LR, installed module again. Now I'm on 2.2.

Ciao
Walter

Walter Schulz

QuoteNo need to look. It's running now.
Let me rephrase that ... ;-)
Left: 2.1. works as designed
Right: 2.2 beta seems to have a path/argument problem.

edmagiclantern

Hi all,

First thank YOU for this great ML integration in LR, makes the workflow much easier.

Quick one: when shooting I often alternate between Dual iso and standard settings.
When i get home i process all the images via the plug in so that i dont miss any Dual ISO. However everytime LR processes one image that is not Dual iso the procedure results in an error «image xxx appears not to be Dual ISO» and the conversion stops until i press enter. Making it not a batch conversion anymore and making me sit in front of computer while 2000 images are converted :s.
the question is: is it possible to turn the messages / errors off in the Image Conversion process?

Best regards to all
Eduardo

Walter Schulz

I hope I improved german menu a bit:
"$$$/ML/ExportDialog/ExportMenu/Title=Magic Lantern"
"$$$/ML/Publish/Progress=Exportiere ^1 Bilder mit cr2hdr"
"$$$/ML/Publish/Progress/One=Exportiere ein Bild mit cr2hdr"
"$$$/ML/Import/ErrorTitle=~ Fehler beim Import ~"
"$$$/ML/Import/Error=Kann die Dual-ISO-Datei nicht importieren!^n^nBitte Ordner händisch synchronisieren"
"$$$/ML/Publish/noDualIsoTitle=~ Keine Dual-ISO-Datei erkannt ~"
"$$$/ML/Publish/noDualIso=Das Bild ^1 scheint kein Dual-ISO-Bild zu sein"
"$$$/ML/Publish/Error/Title=~ Fehler beim Export ~"
"$$$/ML/Publish/Error=Fehler beim Exportieren von ^1 mit cr2hdr!^r^Fehler #^2^r^rBitte diese Fehlernummer im Magic Lantern Forum melden^n"
"$$$/ML/Publish/AlreadyConvertTitle=~ Fehler beim Konvertieren ~"
"$$$/ML/Publish/AlreadyConvert=Das Bild ^1 wurde bereits konvertiert"
"$$$/ML/Publish/Error/NotRawTitle=~ Fehler: Ungültiges Format ~"
"$$$/ML/Publish/Error/NotRaw=Es können nur RAW-Fotos (CR2 & DNG) mit cr2hdr exportiert werden"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/Title=Magic Lantern Dual ISO"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/MLTopic=Forums-Diskussion zu Dual-ISO (WWW, englisch)"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/MLDocTech=Technische Dokumentation (WWW, englisch)"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/Description=Dieses Plugin erlaubt es, eine Datei im Dual-ISO-Format mittels cr2hdr (Danke, a1ex) zu konvertieren.^n^nFunktionsweise:^n- Exportiert Bilddatei in temporären Ordner^n- Fügt Suffix -dualiso an den Dateinamen^n- Konvertiert Bild mittels cr2hdr^n- Importiert konvertiertes Bild in den LR-Katalog^n- Fügt DualISO der Beschriftung hinzu^n- Fügt das konvertierte Bild den Sammlungen hinzu, die das Original enthalten^n- Fügt Stichwort Dual-ISO der konvertierten Datei hinzu"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASTitle=Erweiterte Einstellungen"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASSuffix=Suffix für die konvertierte Dual-ISO-Datei:"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASLabel=Definieren Sie die Beschriftung für die Dual-ISO-Datei:"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASCollection=Dual-ISO-Datei den Sammlungen der Originaldatei hinzufügen?"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASCollectionInfo=Haken entfernen, um die konvertierte Datei nicht den Sammlungen des Originals hinzuzufügen"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASLog=Log-Datei nach der Konvertierung behalten?"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASLogInfo=Haken entfernen, um Log-Datei zu löschen"
"$$$/ML/Dependencies/ErrorTitle=~ Abhängigkeitsfehler ~"
"$$$/ML/Dependencies/Error=Dieses Plugin benötigt cr2hdr, dcraw und exiftool.^n^nBitte installieren Sie diese Dateien, bevor dieses Plugin ausgeführt wird"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASSubfolder=Speichern Sie die konvertierte Datei in diesen Unterordner:"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASSubfolderPL=Aktueller Ordner"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASSubfolderInfo=Leer lassen, um in denselben Ordner zu importieren"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/CRTitle=Parameter für cr2hdr"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASVerbose=Verbose-Modus abschalten?"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASVerboseInfo=Für stillen Modus Haken setzen"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASMoveToTrash=Original-Datei nach Konvertierung in Papierkorb verschieben?"
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASMoveToTrashInfo=Haken setzen, um Original-Datei zu löschen (Vorsicht!)"

Q:
"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASCollection=Dual-ISO-Datei den Sammlungen der Originaldatei^n hinzufügen?"
Works

"$$$/ML/ExportManager/ASCollectionInfo=Haken entfernen, um die konvertierte Datei nicht den Sammlungen^n des Originals hinzuzufügen"
Won't do the trick. How to do get "Info" to use 2 lines instead of an unreadable single one?

g3gg0

As I often have mixed non dual ISO and dual ISO pictures, it would be cool to show the error messages after converting.
Just as the original lr export does it with a dialog after exporting.

Now it pops up a modal dialog every second image as I select the whole bunch of images.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

kichetof

@Walter
Yeah thanks for the translation! Ok now we have a problem with command line on windows... as usual...

@edmagiclantern @g3gg0
I've muted the message with a user option.

I thought there was a time, make a message summarizing what has worked or not. It can be a good idea!

I don't have any access to my Mac to make any change before tomorrow ;)

softly.dk

Quote from: kichetof on April 21, 2014, 02:08:41 PM
@Walter
Yeah thanks for the translation! Ok now we have a problem with command line on windows... as usual...

There is an error in the args for cr2hdr.exe on the windows command line. Simply change line #172 in the file MLExportServiceProvider.lua
from          
local args = string.format('"%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s"',  .....
to
local args = string.format('%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s%s',  ......
to make it work on windows
//Claus

kichetof

Thanks Claus to help me with Windows! I'll update the Beta this end of week ;)

kichetof

v2.2 BETA 2

• Fix windows arguments (Thanks Claus)
  • Add summary message after all conversion (remove all other, except critical)

You can Download 2.2 BETA 2 here

Let me know and take a beer! Cheers

I updated the code (but not the zip). I added an observer to the --fast option to disable all --no-x options when it selected ;)

kichetof

v2.2 BETA 3

• --fast option disable all --no-xx on GUI
  • rewrite cr2hdr command
  • add some comments and cleanup the code

Download 2.2 BETA 3

a1ex

Quote from: kichetof on April 26, 2014, 03:04:54 PM
--fast option disable all --no-xx on GUI

If you could let the user specify --fast --fullres (that is, turn the --no-xx into --xx on the GUI instead of disabling it), would be pretty nice (though not essential; I use these options mostly for troubleshooting). I'm not sure how you implemented it, but I'm curious - do you have some screenshots besides the one from the first post?

akry

Great job!

Idea: save source and processing data in image metadata. Something like

It could help batch post-processing.

Audionut

Quote from: akry on April 27, 2014, 12:14:14 AM
Idea: save source and processing data in image metadata. Something like

Love this idea.  It's something that should probably be added to cr2hdr itself.

a1ex

If you explain me how to add custom name/value tags with exiftool, I can add it.

akry

I think it's much easier to add custom metadata to LR catalog at first, and it will suit the most one's needs.

I made a rough patch to cr2hdr plugin, just to test the concept. Added custom metadata tagset "Dual ISO", added a few tags and just parsed the output of cr2hdr.exe. And then used photo:setPropertyForPlugin (_PLUGIN, 'ISOdifference', iso_str_s).

It's possible to add user-defined tags as described here
http://perlmaven.com/adding-custom-tags-with-image-exiftool
But I see no application for this in my LR workflow.

Audionut

akry

IMHO the main reason to add LR metadata is batch-processing. You choose all photos with all shadows deeper than say 90% and add one kind of NR settings. Then choose shadows from 70 to 89% and add another NR. Looking at my workflow it could be hundreds of dual ISO shots from one trip, and the metadata sorting could save hours of work.

kichetof

@a1ex I'll make some screenshot when I'll return at home.
I wrote to quickly to explain the --fast option. When you select it, all no-xx are disabled and user can enable one by one every --no-xx to reenable it and when you deselect it, all --no-xx are disabled. With the screenshots it will more simple to understand :)

@akry yeah!! Awesome! Could you please share your patch? It will be easier and faster for me!

I really like this idea and I'll add it quickly :)

akry

@kichetof, just don't blame me for the rough code :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwomgdiqzuwesqz/cr2hdr.lrplugin.akry-metadata-patches.zip
The patch starts with "akry metadata patch" comment in
1. Info.lua: added metadata provider and tagset
2. MLExportServiceProvider.lua: inserted metadata code in function exportServiceProvider.processRenderedPhotos

patchMetadataDefinitionFile.lua and patchMetadataTagset.lua should be copied to the plugin directory.

BTW, is it possible to add metadata in camera?

kichetof

Thanks akry! I'll reed this tonight and try to add it on the same time! Big thanks!