Lightroom plugin cr2hdr v3.0 DEV (WIP)

Started by kichetof, March 18, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kichetof

Maybe some LR function doesn't works on 10.7 but I don't know!

Glad to know it works on 10.9 ! :)

nanomad

Sorry if it is an old question or if you already stated it.
Are planning on relasing the source code under a free software license?
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

kichetof

Quote from: nanomad on March 28, 2014, 06:39:20 PM
Are planning on relasing the source code under a free software license?

I don't have the time to check what I need to paste into the code to make it under free software. I need to found the part of GNU GPL to add it.

The code is on open source on bitbucket.

nanomad

That is good enough for me

You may or may not hear from me soon (good news)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

kichetof

Updated source with GNU GPL V2 license :) It was faster as I thought

mad.eos

This project is warping to lightspeed! :-D
Canon EOS 1100D w/ 18-55mm | ML Nightly Build Tester

nanomad

We call it a killer application. Better not waste the opportunity ;D

g3gg0

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 22, 2014, 01:26:48 AM
can you add some helpful feaure?

i usually group my shoots into collections.
now when i run your export plugin, the image gets added to the gallery, but not to the collection the source image was in.

-> can you check in which galleries the source image was and add the .dng there too?

@kichetof:
ping :)

edit: just realized that it is being added, but not grouped as in the library view.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

kichetof

Ouch! Effectively, the photo is stacked with the original in the library view, is added to the collection but not stacked with original.

I read the API Ref and the only function I found is LRCatalog:AddPhoto which I use to import and stack in library view.

But for the Collection view, I don't know how to group with original, I'll read again and again to see if there is a solution.

garry23

Kichetof

Sorry to bother you, but I being thick!

I have loaded the latest version 2.1, which is clearly stated in the LR plug-in manager window. Also the plug-in runs as expected.

But...for the life of me I can not find a sub-menu to additional settings.

When I run the plugin it goes and does its stuff straight away and there is nothing about settings in the plug-in manager window.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit mode, with the latest LR.

Hope you can help.

kichetof

Hi garry,

I think I know your "problem". It seems that you did a confusion.

The settings are available in the export window and not in the plugin manager window.

The window shortcut is: Ctrl + Maj + E
The mac shortcut is: Commande + Maj + E

I hope it solved your problem ;)

garry23

Kichetof

That was it!

Many thanks.

Cheers

Garry

lasfede

Awesome!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

szDE

Super-useful plugin! Thank you, kichetof.

If I may, I'd like to suggest some additional settings:

• Multithreading (ie. Barracuda GUI).
  • Delete original (convert and erase).
  • Define command-line parameters (ie. --soft-film=x).
  • Define custom cr2hdr.exe files (ie. 20-bit variant).
  • Define presets (ie. standard, --soft-film=2, --soft-film=4, etc.).
  • Ability to skip confirmation box when using plugin on bunch of different files (jpegs and cr2 together). Just silently skip jpegs.

a1ex

For a GUI, it might be interesting to parse the command-line options from the help text and create widgets from that.

For example:

- simple boolean options (except maybe for debug ones): create a checkbox, e.g. --compress => [X] Compress (and as a tooltip, print the help text from the command-line; here, "Lossless DNG compression")

- the --no- options can be negated like in gcc. For example, the --no-fullres option: in the default configuration fullres is enabled, and you disable it with --no-fullres. In the --fast configuration (which turns it off) you can re-enable it with --fast --fullres (but keep all the other fast processing). So, in this case, a checkbox named Fullres and enabled by default might make sense.

- options with numeric arguments: those are identified by %d or %f (they can have as many parameters as there are wildcards).

kichetof

@szDE greats ideas!

Quote from: szDE on April 13, 2014, 08:13:24 PM

• Multithreading (ie. Barracuda GUI). For multithreading I don't know how to add it, but you can run multi export.
  • Delete original (convert and erase). Version 2.1 export to a temp folder and keep original after conversion, I don't want to make this decision but I can add an option

I add all this good ideas on my todo list :)

• Define command-line parameters (ie. --soft-film=x).
  • Define custom cr2hdr.exe files (ie. 20-bit variant).
  • Define presets (ie. standard, --soft-film=2, --soft-film=4, etc.).
  • Ability to skip confirmation box when using plugin on bunch of different files (jpegs and cr2 together). Just silently skip jpegs.

Quote from: a1ex on April 13, 2014, 08:36:41 PM
For a GUI, it might be interesting to parse the command-line options from the help text and create widgets from that.

For example:

- simple boolean options (except maybe for debug ones): create a checkbox, e.g. --compress => [X] Compress (and as a tooltip, print the help text from the command-line; here, "Lossless DNG compression")

Excellent infos!
I'll add it for Easter or just after :)

Thanks for your feedback!

szDE

kichetof,

• Multithreading (ie. Barracuda GUI). For multithreading I don't know how to add it, but you can run multi export.

Barracuda GUI achieves multithreading by running multiple instances of cr2hdr simultaneously, in background. Perhaps, there's a way to do it the same way in your plugin?

• Delete original (convert and erase). Version 2.1 export to a temp folder and keep original after conversion, I don't want to make this decision but I can add an option

It would be great to have the ability to make it optional in export preset. This way it would be possible to define multiple cr2hdr presets.

kichetof

Quote from: szDE on April 14, 2014, 11:50:53 AM
Barracuda GUI achieves multithreading by running multiple instances of cr2hdr simultaneously, in background. Perhaps, there's a way to do it the same way in your plugin?

Ok ! You can run multiple instances from LR ;) Select 1 photo, export to cr2hdr, select 3 photos on the same time and export to cr2hdr, select 10 photos and export to cr2hdr on the same time, and you have 14 photos on export to cr2hdr on "parallel" with LR ;) (3 tasks on parallels, 1 with 1, 1 with 3 and 1 with 10)

Quote from: szDE on April 14, 2014, 11:50:53 AM
It would be great to have the ability to make it optional in export preset. This way it would be possible to define multiple cr2hdr presets.

I add it on the todo with cr2hdr options :)

batman

When converting dng files all metadata gets stripped, camera settings etc.  Everything works fine with cr2 files though!

I'm using:
Windows 8.1 x64
Lightroom 5.4
cr2hdr 2.1

kichetof

Quote from: batman on April 17, 2014, 10:04:47 PM
When converting dng files all metadata gets stripped, camera settings etc.  Everything works fine with cr2 files though!

doh ‽ I don't know why. Maybe dcraw bug with dng ? A1ex do you have an idea?

swinxx

Great plugin! Thx so much. That is absolutly useful!!

garry23

Following the example of kichetof with his Dual-ISO Lightroom Plugin, I have created a (near) seamless plug-in-like workflow for CeroNoice. The only limitation is that it is Windows based: sorry Mac users.

What I have done is create a .exe file to run CeroNoice, which can be used as an external editor in LR.

To set up the workflow, simply put the required files in a processing folder, ie CeroNoice.exe etc, together with my .exe, called CeroNoice Bracketing.exe.
Set up an external editor preset in Lightroom, with the following attributes:
1.   Export original (can be .cr2 or .dng);
2.   No file naming;
3.   Post processing = open in other application (ie point to CeroNoice Bracketing)

Finally, set up a 'watched folder' in LR, where the 32-bit processed .tif will be returned. The returned file will have the image name of the lightest orginal, with _32-bit appended.

Once set up, all you do is select, from darkest to lightest, the input images, export via the CeroNoice Bracketing preset and carry on working. In a few seconds the output file will appear in the LR watch folder (which I call 32-bit Procesing, for easy identification).

All working files, ie LR exports are deleted. You can move the 32-bit Tif or simply leave in the 32-bit Processing folder.

I have found LR handles the CeroNoice created Tifs well.

I am not going to fill up this post with more details, as I often sense not all are interested in such 'specific stuff'. However, if there is enough interest I will willingly pass on my LR set up and .exe to anyone who wishes to use it, ie PM me or indicate your interest in this post.

kichetof

V2.2 BETA

I've added:

• cr2hdr optional arguments
  • You can mute alerts from option (except fatal error)

On Mac the optional args works very well. Windows users please test!

Download cr2hdr 2.2 BETA and let me know if it works for you!

• Delete original (convert and erase). Unfortunately, there is nothing on the SDK to do that
  • Define command-line parameters (ie. --soft-film=x). cr2hdr optional arguments done!
  • Define custom cr2hdr.exe files (ie. 20-bit variant). I'm waiting final version to add it
  • Ability to skip confirmation box when using plugin on bunch of different files (jpegs and cr2 together). Just silently skip jpegs. Done !

Happy Easter

Walter Schulz

MLFunctions.lua missing? Failure to add module ...

Ciao
Walter

kichetof