6d beta or supported version

Started by EFwebb, March 18, 2014, 01:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFwebb

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and have a few questions.  I have a 6d running firmware version 1.1.2 and would like to install magic lantern on it.  The ML page states that the Canon 6d is supported, but when i go to the download page, it does not mention the 6d as being supported at this time, nor version 1.1.2.  I guess my question is, "is it supported, or at the very least is there a beta version available that can be installed with a Macintosh computer?".  Thanks for any information you can give me.

Walter Schulz

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php
Using the search function will be much appreciated.

Downloads -> Nightly builds.

Ciao
Walter

PS: @Site maintainer:
"At the time of writing, the compatible cameras are: 550D 1.0.9, 60D 1.1.1, 600D 1.0.2, 50D 1.0.9, 500D 1.1.1, 5D2 2.1.2 and 1100D 1.0.5." seems a little bit outdated.

Audionut

Those are the cameras supported in the "stable release".

IMO, the stable release was a bad idea.  The only thing it accomplished, was encouraging people to use very old builds.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Audionut on March 18, 2014, 06:08:17 AM
Those are the cameras supported in the "stable release".

Not clear whom you answered. If you answered my post: No, you will find this quote in the nightly section.

Audionut

Ah yes.  I see it now.

Thanks Walter.

EFwebb

The responses seem a bit cryptic.  Are you saying that the only ML version available for the 6d is the nightly build, which is a test version of the software?

Marsu42

Quote from: EFwebb on March 18, 2014, 02:48:44 PM
The responses seem a bit cryptic.  Are you saying that the only ML version available for the 6d is the nightly build, which is a test version of the software?

If you want a simple answer: Yes.

EFwebb

Thank you, that was very helpful information.