Please help!! footage not showing up in davinici in color window

Started by j_walk83, March 17, 2014, 04:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j_walk83

I shot footage at 48fps imported into davinci, it shows up in the time line squished as expected. but when i go to color interface, so i can export editable files, the screen is black.  the footage doesnt show up and cant scrub through to see the footage.  Footage is viewable in the color correcter node. but i need to see it on a bigger screen.  Please help.  what am I doing wrong?

jbggump

In your settings, make sure in the "color" tab, check the "automatically match master timeline with media pool."  That worked for me anyway...

andy.cox.1976

Yes, ensure the "automatically match timeline with media pool" option is selected BEFORE adding media to your pool. Selecting after you have added media will not have an effect, unless you remove and then re-add your media.

ALSO

Davinci can be a funny beast, and you may need to create a timeline in the Edit window. This should happen by default but I find occasionally (probably due to me being not very knowledgable) I have to create a timeline.

mageye

The older versions used to automatically add to the timeline. Now it seems that you always have to add it yourself.
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7