Assign button to quickly protect images on t2i-550D

Started by tomforti, March 17, 2014, 07:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomforti

I am aware that this feature is on some other camera models with ML, including the t3i, but it's not currently on the t2i (550D). I am looking to be able to quickly protect images while in playback without having to go into the menu to do so. I am looking for the feature so I can protect my images that I want to have an eye-fi card transfer onto an online sharing site.

Audionut

Please don't create duplicates.

The developers read both bitbucket, and this forum.  There is no need to create feature requests/bug reports at both places.

Thanks.

tomforti

Sorry, new to this. Wasn't sure which location was best to have the request on in order for it to be seen.

Marsu42

Quote from: tomforti on March 17, 2014, 07:16:55 AM
I am aware that this feature is on some other camera models with ML, including the t3i, but it's not currently on the t2i (550D).

The ML rating/protection shortcut system just simulates keypresses for the Canon Q menu - if the relevant functions aren't there, you're currently out of luck. If they are there but just don't work post the keypresses that are required to access the function you want to speed up.

ML of course could get a new backend for direct rating/tagging and protection, but it isn't here yet, though protection probably is easy as afaik it just sets the read-only flag on the file.