Testing ML for 5D Mark III 1.2.3 - Raw video

Started by EXIV, March 17, 2014, 12:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EXIV

Great!!! Here is the very first raw video test of the Magic Lantern for 5D Mark III 1.2.3 I just installed this new ML version and then I made a couple of shots to test the raw, which WORKS PERFECTLY!

The only issue, I was so in rush trying it that I committed the mistake to shoot with a very low ISO, so I had to increase the exposition in Lightroom, and this is why there is an incredible amount of noise, which indeed it wouldn't be there if I would have shoot at a decent ISO. 

I will keep testing the other functions and then come back with updates!

Thanks a lot ML guys!

IMPORTANT UPDATE 17th March 2014:
Today I have tested the raw video capability again, this time with clips longer than 30 seconds. I shot two long shots: the first one, the one embedded below, is OK, while the second one is corrupted, meaning I can't convert it with RAWmagic, and I definitely can't use it... this is so bad! I am not sure if I am the only one having this issue, but must be seriously considered if you plan to shoot a job with this.

The video has been shot on:
Canon 5D Mark III
Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 USD
CF Lexar Professional 1000x 32GB

Special thanks to EXIV

Music: "Yiourgh" by DoKashiteru (feat. Coblat)
http://ccmixter.org/files/DoKashiteru/21394
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/

winmediacenter

Hey There. I've also installed Magic Lantern on my 5D MK III. With Toshiba Exceria Pro i can record 1080p at 25fps continous with no problems. I suggest you to use NeatVideo Denoiser to remove Noise. I've tested it with ISO 6400 and also 12800 and i was amazed with the results. i recommend this software. By the way i'm going to shoot some comparison videos to show the differences between denoised and original RAW footage.

And remember do not sharpen video before noise reduction taking place.