Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Wlad81

Quote from: shhd on August 01, 2020, 04:45:36 PM
Please help me choose
I decided to buy 5Diii or 6D
Can I have a try giving an advice? In my opinion, the best buy is 5D3, because it is the best camera for ML and especially for shooting an uncompressed video (losslessly compressed, more like zip, rar or whatever). You can use the fastest SD and CF cards, overclock the SD controller with sd_uhs module and use the card spanning mode, when 5D3 writes on both cards simultaneously. Thus you'd be able to shoot in the highest definition possible. Non-anamorphic 1-1 mode is 3K and anamorphic full frame mode is 5.7K if I'm not mistake, all 25fps, thanks to Danne. You can also shoot in 1080p full frame binned mode. You cannot shoot 5.7K or even 3K with 6D continuously. I can do that with 5D3 with SD Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB 170 MB/s and CF Sandisk Extreme Pro 128 GB 160 MB/s installed.

So, I'd like to advice you to buy 5D3.

The key point is that you have to choose the 5D3 with the Canon firmware version 1.2.4 or less, to be successfully downgraded to 1.1.3 or 1.2.3. I was a lucky because I've bought the cam with 1.0.4 firmware, so I had to upgrade it.
Canon EOS 5D Mk III + Canon 24-105 F/4 L IS USM + SanDisk Exreme Pro 64 GB (SD, ML Nightly.2021Feb07.5D3113) + SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (CF).

miatch

I've had ML on this camera before, sent to Canon, now it's got 1.3.6 and I've spent endless weeks doing endless tweaks to no avail. Have tried every firmware version, can't get rid of 1.3.6 camera reads all fir's as 1.3.3 and does not load
, 1.3.6 won't go away
IM GOING MAD

Walter Schulz

First step: Format card in cardreader. Second: Format card in cam.

Proceed from here with
Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 5D Mark III 1.2.3 -> Installation -> Installation -> Method B.
Follow instructions to the letter.

If unable or an undocumented error occurs: Make a video of your installation steps and link it here.

domo94

Does this camera do 10 bit raw, 60fps, AND sound at the same time?

miatch

Thank you Walter S.
I will attempt, and notify this thread

miatch

Actaully was able to download 1.3.6 to 1.3.3. Not sure why 133!
Now im attempting to downgrade from 1.3.3 to 1.1.3, but having issues. will continue tweaking and update here.

Walter Schulz

Use EOS Utility to downgrade from 1.3.3.

shhd

Quote from: miatch on August 04, 2020, 01:05:04 AM
I've had ML on this camera before, sent to Canon, now it's got 1.3.6 and I've spent endless weeks doing endless tweaks to no avail. Have tried every firmware version, can't get rid of 1.3.6 camera reads all fir's as 1.3.3 and does not load
, 1.3.6 won't go away
IM GOING MAD

The following explanation was given

I made it back from 1.3.5 to 1.2.3
You need an official version of the Canon website that is higher than 1.3.6 on the camera so that you move to the next step after the camera reads that the version in the memory is higher than the version in the camera and as soon as the light turns off, open the door and insert a new card containing version 1.2.3.
Your problem is that the camera version 1.3.6 needs an official version higher than 1.3.6 in order to be able to trick the camera

Walter Schulz

I suggest all users to ignore advice above and strictly follow procedures explained by a1ex in the installation instructions.
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/5D3-113.html#install
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/5D3-123.html#install

shhd

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 12, 2020, 02:31:18 AM
I suggest all users to ignore advice above and strictly follow procedures explained by a1ex in the installation instructions.
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/5D3-113.html#install
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/5D3-123.html#install

Suggest that you thank the efforts of the members who are trying to help
Myself I made it back from 1.3.5 to 1.2.3
It first failed because the card was inside
1.3.5 and camera 1.3.5 The camera is rejected and a higher version is required
I downloaded 1.3.6 from the official website
And I applied the rest of the steps, and it succeeded
The camera rejects any version equal or less
When I read the camera in memory, version 1.3.6, higher than the installed version, the camera continued and when the red light stopped, it opened the door and placed a memory containing 1.2.3 and 1.3.6.
I chose 1.2.3 and it worked

SAMK

hello guys need help
can we get clean HDMI output using 5DM3 firmware 1.2.3  with crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Sep14.5D3123   recording 3K 1:1 , 14 Bit  , 23.976
and is there any setting  in the menu canon to improve the performance
thank you

Walter Schulz

SAMK

thanks Walter Schulz but still same not working

Walter Schulz

Support staff really love that reply "not working".
Maybe you want to show the setting you are using and a screenshot showing HDMI output.

SAMK

Sorry I'm not really familiar with the interface I don't know how to upload screenshots I will try now
I didn't find the how upload screenshots really sorry
Please if you can explain me
Thank you

Walter Schulz

Magic Lantern Forum »General Discussion »Magic Lantern Forum and Site Discussion »Sticky thread "How to add images to posts on the forum?"

SAMK

ok walter thank you for your help i did put the picture on my google drive i dontknow if it wil working but i will try
this is a test

Walter Schulz

Wrong screenshot.

I want to look at
- Display tab
- HDMI screen output

And set Kill global draw ON, too.

SAMK

i use ftp link as i use my ggogle drive i hope its working
and im not understand (And set Kill global draw ON, too.) do you  mean global draw set live view
ok this is the 5D3https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V5WLFwEb36-aIJA5mOdG319Ngjrg97ai/view?usp=sharing
and this is the ninja https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pYmDcAQvLpaLGrAukrrhQ8hH36SSHulp/view?usp=sharing

if i use the setting with crop mode its working the hdmi screen output its working but when i use setting 3K 1:1 i got this weird screen i hope you cansee the sreen shoot

thank you Walter trying to help me

Walter Schulz

Almost there.
I want to see this screen:

SAMK

yes idid try everything in display tap and still same weird screen