Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Justus

Pretty much every clip I shoot with ML has some sort of dead frame in it like you see above. Am I doing something wrong?  I am useing magiclantern-Nightly.2015Dec20.5D3123.zip

nikfreak

Try latest nightly based upon fw 1.1.3 and downgrade before to check if that happens over there too.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

guru_rb

Need some help with Motion Detection.

I am running Nightly.2015Dec20.5D3123 and unable to get my camera to fire in Frame Difference mode of Motion Detection feature. The other 2 options of Exposure Difference and Steady Hands are working as expected. The left hand top corner constantly shows Motion level: 0. I tried all sensitivity levels and detection area options, but all in vein. Can somebody please help? Intended use is photographing water drops.

Regards,
Guru

a1ex

Already answered in another thread:

- motion detection in "frame difference" mode does not work on 1.2.3 or later

guru_rb

Thanks for clarifying. Will downgrade to 1.1.3 and try my luck with it.

DSLR Pro

Video on how to Install / Uninstall Magic lantern on 5D mark III 2016 + download link :   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smQ7BwKEO60

bluewater

Hey guys, I have a quick question for ML.
Do you think is it possible to have an "AUTOMATIC " level correction function in ML?

I know ML already has a green level meter function in LiveView mode and Canon has it's own level meter in viewfinder mode.
What I mean is, with the AUTOMATIC level correction,  you don't need to correct to rotate pictures when taking pictures at first.
With a G sensor, canon DSLR can rotate portrait image automatically.
Moreover, with the function, you can always take a picture not askew. (You can ON/OFF on the menu, for sure.)

I think this function would be possible fixing firmware, what do you guy's think on this?

bluewater

Dear a1ex, thank you for the info.

But I don't mean a post-processing after taking photos, I mean a correcting level processing from the beginning when taking pictures.
Even though I try to take a skewed picture, it corrects automatically.

Plus 1) if it's possible, it would be better to process without rotating and cropping.

Plus 2) The reason why I ask you for this is I saw a small device attachment to 6mm DV camcorder with the same function. (REAL-TIME auto level correction device.)

PoVid

Having sorta similar problem as previous poster with latest build (magiclantern-Nightly.2015Dec20.5D3123.zip). Getting dead/distorted frames within my clips using this version. Will hopefully try 1.1.3 version at some point, but need Canon's 1.2.3 firmware for my work.

In the meantime, any thoughts or ideas on what could be causing it or how to fix it, would be appreciated!

beauchampy

For people out there getting corrupt frames. The earliest 1.2.3 build I can find that doesn't produce corrupt frames is August 7th 2014.

In this build, debug logging had not yet been implemented in mlv_rec. Since, then corrupt frames are fairly rife in my experience, especially when shooting 50/60p.

The latest versions of 1.1.3 are clean as debug logging was disabled again since April 10th 2016.

I've done loads of testing to indicate debug logging is the primary cause of this issue.

I'm wondering if we can see a new 1.2.3 build with debug logging disabled in mlv_rec?

PoVid

Thanks beauchampy! I actually just upgraded from the "magiclantern-Nightly.2014Aug07.5D3123" build" directly to the latest one and never noticed the problem before.

Guess I'll just go back to that one. Would be great to have the debug logging disabled in the newest one also, but until then I guess I'll stick with 2014Aug07 or try 1.1.3 at some point.

gambardella

Hey guys, I have a question:
I want to use the dual audio channel recording, but i cant find in the audio menu. only have two things:
- speaker volume
- beep, test tones

What should I do? (5dm3)
thanks!

spliggo

This is almost certainly not the right topic but will there be a ML release for the 1.3.3 5d iii firmware update?

Will the ML release for 1.2.3 work on the 1.3.3 firmware?

Thanks.

Audionut

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#when_will_you_implement_xyz

You should also try and become friends with the search function, because you're not the first person to have asked.  ;)

ilkerc

hi. ı am using an april 02 2016 build for 1.2.3 since april.
I shot 2 short films in raw with this build and it works flawlessly. but the build is not listed anymore.

why is that? am I taking a risk by using that?

thanks.

dalifen

I'm missing almost all features in Audio Tab. Only Speaker Volume and Beep, test tone is left.
Is it normal or I'm doing something wrong?

dalifen

Hi Audionut,

thanx for reply, but unfortunately list of features is not the right answer. All the audio features suppose to be there for 5D3 (as one can see in list of features), but they does not show up. I'm mainly interested in Input source option.

BTW, modules are another problemfor me. Neither 5D3 nor 5D2 I have on the desk here is able to load mlv_snd (sound module). Both results in err while loading it.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: dalifen on July 06, 2016, 09:32:58 AM
All the audio features suppose to be there for 5D3 (as one can see in list of features), but they does not show up.
Sorry?

Quote from: dalifen on July 06, 2016, 09:32:58 AM
BTW, modules are another problemfor me. Neither 5D3 nor 5D2 I have on the desk here is able to load mlv_snd (sound module). Both results in err while loading it.

MLV_SND.mo depends on MLV_REC.mo

dalifen

Man, yes, You right!
But I can see the audio features present right on the pic of 5D3 at the ML homepage???
http://www.magiclantern.fm/index.html

But loading mlv_snd, after mlv_rec was the solution, thanx for that.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: dalifen on July 06, 2016, 10:06:14 AM
But I can see the audio features present right on the pic of 5D3 at the ML homepage???
http://www.magiclantern.fm/index.html

Feature list is generated by robot parsing ML source code for each cam supported.
Homepage is not.

dalifen

I see that, thanks again Walter,
so shall I realise it, the audio features were included in older builds of ML for 5D3, but not the present build?
Or maybe the ML for 1.1.3, but not the version for 1.2.3 firmware?

Walter Schulz

5D3 and all other DIGIC 5 cams never had the full set of ML audio features implemented for DIGIC 4 (50D excluded).