Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticpuma

Thanks for the reply, very much appreciate it.

In that case, is there a way to record video when in the 5x/10x zoom mode? If there is can someone post a link on a "how to"?

Cheers,  MP

D1

Hi MagicLantern 5D Mark III users,

I just got a hand on a 5D Mark III. I checked the firmware one board and it says 1.3.3... Can I still load MagicLantern 5D3.113 from this link? https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

Please let me know here or via PM. Thank you!
-D1

Walter Schulz

You have to use EOS Utility v2.x to downgrade Canon's firmware to v1.1.3

D1

Oh? I heard that people say that it does not work. I can give it a try though...
-D1

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Walter Schulz

Sean, you will find tons of BS about this in the web. No use to talk about it.

DeafEyeJedi

Yes, I know but I just was implying that it is possible. Not trying to be difficult.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

juang3d

Why there is no port for 1.3.3 yet?

I saw some old threads about it's port, but are date in march or so, and besides the date, those threads were quite positive about it's portability, but suddenly I can't find any information about it and there is no port.

Also, why the latest compilation of the 1.2.3 is from April? I woudl like to acquire an external monitor/recorder to have a backup of all the footage (I record in RAW but I would like to record also in the monitor through HDMI) but it seems there is no up to date build for the 1.2.3.

Just asking because I can't find all this information in here while looking for it.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

juang3d

BTW my 5D mkIII is a new one that came with 1.3.3 an d I was able to downgrade without any problem to 1.1.3 using EOS utility, just FYI :)

lostfeliz

It's not perfect and I'm always wanting improvements too, but I use the April software with 1.2.3 so I can use an external monitor (focusing without it is to hard) and rarely have an issue.

I assume the lack up updates is because they are working on some big new things, which may or may not have anything to do with the 5Diii.

monky

Hey Guys, i am searching for a whole bunch of time now. Like a big bunch of people i have this Pink Frame issue. Can someone tell me if there is a fix?
i read about turning of focus peaking. is there maybe another solution? Did someone find something out jet?

juang3d

Hi monky.

I'm not having this problem at all, I just saw it in one shot while using mlv, I use the hardware focus peaking (the one that uses extra sharpness in the focused area) and I disable any drawing in the live view, plus right now I'm recording in RAW instead of MLV and without sound, I use an external audio recorder, and from what I can see in the screen I achieve a sustained writing rate of 101Mb/s more or less.

So maybe if you do all that you may get rid of the pink frames :)

@lostfeliz what things are not working correctly with 1.2.3? I'm planning in acquiring an external monitor as a review/backup system and I assume I'm gonna need to upgrade to 1.2.3

Also, let me ask for a newer build for 1.2.3 please :) (to anyone with the ability to do that reading this)

Cheers!

Uradriendil

Hello,
i kinda searched everywhere for the answere but i can't find anything about it. Is there any possible way to use audio remote shot on the 5d mark III? It's a feature that i want to use for an experiment and i really loved ML since i installed it. It would be awesome for me. Maybe this question and the answer is already on this forum but don't hate me, i searched alot with no success.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Features -> Shoot.

a1ex

New build. I've only tested the changes on 1.1.3, so you may want to wait for some feedback before upgrading.

What's new, since last 1.2.3 build:
- Histogram tweaks
- Diffraction-aware DOF info (garry23)
- Fine resolution control in mlv_rec (rbrune)
- AF/MF warning (Andreasb242)
- New installer
- a few minor fixes

Too early to say Merry Christmas? :P

axelcine

A very nice gift for Christmas, A1ex. Thanks - again. And - No. It's not too early in Denmark, so I wish you and your family a very good Christmas - and of course the greetings of the season expand to everybody in the ML community.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

budafilms

THank You @a1ex, you are Santa Clauss...  ;)

rpt

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

Alex, you da man! I am leaving for work now but will download and use it on my camera this week.

hjfilmspeed

Ooooooo the new installer dumps rom and has you save it somewhere! I don't know all the under the hood details but would that make it easier to recover if someone messes up the install?

a1ex

Yes, that's the idea. I hope we'll never have to use them, but... just in case. Before, the ROMs were saved silently under ML/LOGS (and it's still done whenever the ROMs are not found there, for example, after you format the card).

So far I've reflashed my 550D and 60D with ROMs from other users, and then back with my original ROM, so there are some chances for this to work, if anything goes wrong.

goldenchild9to5

Great.. thank you for all your work @a1ex

Quentin

Thank you very much for everything. Season greetings to everyone and happy ML 2016

hjfilmspeed

a1ex! I just learned something new! That's amazing! Thank you!

tron

Alex thank you very much and Merry  Christmas too. It was a nice surprise  :)