Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil7

Thank you Kgv5

`1. in magic lantern there is max resolution 3584. It doesnt work Why?
2. Ye I know that the camera doesnt output raw, my adjusted question shall be would Magic lantern do this? or the HDMI output is something that only the camera can control?

kgv5

1.Because in 24fps it will exceed maximum data rate which camera is able to write. You can use this 3.5k but only in low fps/some extreme aspect ratio like 3:1 or so.
2. Hdmi output is something which ML is unable to control due to the hardware limitations.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Audionut

Quote from: FIRST POST
Any messages about RAW/MLV from this thread will be deleted without notice.

It's time to start enforcing this, since we've asked nicely quite a few times now, and people don't seem to care.

DeafEyeJedi

You're actually right about that @Audionut -- my apologies for the lack of knowledge (well I did know but just need to be aware of my actions a bit more before responding to other's depending on the thread) -- *Tapatalk sometimes gets me carried off while driving but that's no excuse!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

igor-lm

Today found updated firmware 1.3.3 on EOS 5D Mark III.

I hope that it still be possible to run ML on it and please check http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14350.0
to vote for SATA-CF adapter for this camera.

walter_schulz

We've been there with 1.3.3 before (camera came installed with this fw version) and the first person who had this problem was able to downgrade using EOS Utility.
No, for now 1.3.3 is incompatible with ML. Must be ported first.

chris_overseas

Regarding firmware 1.3.3, see here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14399.msg138925#msg138925

I updated all the stubs a couple of weeks back (assuming the dump I had matches the official release). Still need to calculate the signature and check/update the font addresses but apart from that I don't think there's too much else required to get the 1.3.3 port up and running.
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

Aryan

Just Downgraded from 1.3.3 to 1.2.3  in EOS Utility with no trouble,Happy again

rick james bish

Using the drop down menu from the ML download paged linked from the original post in this thread, and choosing 5D3 123,  I get the download page but when I click download its a 404 file not found. Is there an alternate download link ?

rick james bish

Thanks.. your linked worked but it would not work from the download page for me for some odd reason. Even right clicking on the download button and saving target as.  Anyway I got it now. Thanks.

condra

Every installation guide I find, people always seem to forget the part about THE SD CARD HAS TO BE MADE BOOTABLE
:)

Pelican

"THE SD CARD HAS TO BE MADE BOOTABLE"
Really? Since when? The ML fir file did it once...
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

skrull

The fir file enables the bootflag in camera. Making a card bootable is another thing.

Audionut

The installations instructions are 3 steps long, and they still cause problems!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: skrull on February 07, 2015, 07:56:14 AMThe fir file enables the bootflag in camera. Making a card bootable is another thing.

Depends. In fact the installation procedure sets the cam's bootflag *and* makes the card bootable.
To make a card bootable you may run the installation procedure once again or use EOScard/Macboot. Second option may be preferred by users running 550D, 600D or 5D3.113 because they don't have a 3-step easy install routine.

skrull

Quote from: Audionut on February 07, 2015, 07:58:34 AM
The installations instructions are 3 steps long, and they still cause problems!

I wrote a rant about people who cannot reproduce these steps sucessfully, but I decided not to post. Altough I still think that they shouldn't be using ML.

clapalm

I posted this questions in another ML forum - reposting it here to hopefully get an answer sooner:

Just received my 5D Mark III back from Canon for an HDMI port repair and discovered that they updated my firmware to 1.3.3!  For the past year I have been shooting RAW with the ML hack exclusively with this camera.  Am I screwed?  Is there any way to install an older firmware once the newer one has been installed?   Does not appear that a ML build for 1.3.3 is happening any time soon.  Please help. Thanks

DeafEyeJedi

@clapalm -- Just read this post..

Quote from: Aryan on January 30, 2015, 04:15:34 PM
Just Downgraded from 1.3.3 to 1.2.3  in EOS Utility with no trouble,Happy again

It is possible to do it with EOS Utility.

Good Luck!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

clapalm

I am not sure how someone was able to revert back to 1.2.3 from 1.3.3 using the EOS Utility.  I am on a Mac running 10.10.1 and an older Mac running 9.2.1 and using various versions of EOS Utility I get the same results - I can see the firmware version within the settings tab, but it is greyed out and I can't access it.  I would appreciate anyone who has a answer on how to dial the firmware back to reply.

Thanks

chris_overseas

Quote from: clapalm on February 09, 2015, 08:46:19 PM
Just received my 5D Mark III back from Canon for an HDMI port repair and discovered that they updated my firmware to 1.3.3!  For the past year I have been shooting RAW with the ML hack exclusively with this camera.  Am I screwed?  Is there any way to install an older firmware once the newer one has been installed?   Does not appear that a ML build for 1.3.3 is happening any time soon.  Please help. Thanks

I'm not sure about Mac but I've downgraded from 1.3.3 to 1.2.3 a whole bunch of times already on Windows. It worked fine every time, I just plugged in the USB cable with the camera on and in photo mode and the menu item becomes available.

If you do have trouble downgrading and want to live on the edge a little, you can try building the 1.3.3 port (https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/605/support-for-5d3-firmware-133/diff). Don't forget to report back any bugs you might find.
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

clapalm

Wow - thanks so much for posting the article on how to over ride the greyed out firmware upgrade function of the EOS Utility.  Followed those instructions, dialed back the firmware to 1.2.3, reloaded ML to my SD card and I now am back in business.  A thousand thanks.

joker97

Hi, sorry for asking but I need to be sure.

I have held off flashing ML 1.2.3 because the first page always said the bootflag is not reversible.

Today I read the firstpage and it says no longer says the bootflag is not reversible.

Can ML be removed completely now?

unfilmde

Yes.  I have.  And I've reinstalled it.