Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audionut

Can you post speed differences between 1.1.3 and 1.2.3 in this thread.
Thanks Jedi.

mooon

Hello to everyone,
I just wanted to know why there is not any update since early august for the 5D3 1.2.3 Nightly ? Is there any problem ? It used to be updated a lot more often... I'm wonder. Thanks for the enlight !

Stedda

There's been no merged updates to the code so no new build is created... the reason why are posted in the thread...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

Tin_28

Any help for the issue that I posted earlier? Or is it completely normal?
5DIII, 7D; Sigma 10mm ƒ/2.8, Canon 16-35mm ƒ/2.8 II, Canon 35mm ƒ/1.4, Canon 24-70mm ƒ/2.8 II, Canon 60mm ƒ/2.8, Canon 70-200mm ƒ/2.8 II, Sigma 120-300 ƒ/2.8

Francyz

As will be realized per channel adjustable audio channels in the 5D MARKIII, as was done in 5D MARKII ?

dubzeebass

Quote from: Stedda on November 08, 2014, 02:21:43 PM
There's been no merged updates to the code so no new build is created... the reason why are posted in the thread...
unhelpful without link please post :)

budafilms

What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me... no more.

8)

Any news? 4K 15 stops...?

vovkinson

Yep, Red Epic
QuoteAny news? 4K 15 stops...?

vagabondvisions

I'm experiencing two issues with latest nightly build which I'm not finding any solid info about, so I thought I would try here.

1.  I ran the 5 minute benchmark on the CF card I am using and saw write speeds never getting above ~45 MB/s.  The card is a 800x Lexar Pro which claims to support up to 120 MB/s.  I'm assuming either I have not tweaked something which I should have or there is some issue within the build which is affecting my write speeds.

2.  The second issue is a bit more complex.  I have 3x 32Gb CF cards which I have previously used with this camera just fine.  I installed ML on the above Lexar CF card without incident and everything apart from the poor write speed is functioning normally.  I wanted to make sure ML was on all of my cards.  I powered the camera off, removed the ML-CF card, inserted the new one so I could format it before adding the ML files and following the boot-flag procedure.  The camera wouldn't power on.  Nothing. Removed and reinserted the battery, card, in different orders, nothing.  Removing the battery and reinserting the ML-CF card before reinserting the battery got the camera to power on just fine.  I'm stumped as I have not experienced this on other ML installs I have done across multiple cards for other cameras.  Ideas?  Could it be a bad card which makes both of these issues connected somehow?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: vagabondvisions on November 18, 2014, 04:19:14 PM
1.  I ran the 5 minute benchmark on the CF card I am using and saw write speeds never getting above ~45 MB/s.  The card is a 800x Lexar Pro which claims to support up to 120 MB/s.  I'm assuming either I have not tweaked something which I should have or there is some issue within the build which is affecting my write speeds.

No, you've done everything you should have done and there is nothing you can do about. Benchmarks for Lexar 800x:
http://www.tomshardware.de/cf-karten-compact-flash-compactflash-typ1-typ2,testberichte-241502-3.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/compactflash-charts/-2-Sequential-Write-MB-s,3489.html

Davebawx

hey all,

I just tried loading the latest nightly, and it works perfectly on one of my cards, but on two others  it does the CF test when I turn it on and freezes when it hits (40)  two cards, every time. I tried an older build from July and the same thing. Is this indicative of a fault in my cards? Is there anything else I can do to try to troubleshoot? thanks.

Walter Schulz

Ciprian_Sauca

Hey Guys, Ladies,

I have an issue with the Audio Menu on the ML, It's sows me only 2 sub-menu items, Speaker Volume and Beep Test Tones..Do I need to do something special to have all the Audio Menu showing?
My second problem: On my SmallHD monitor no Magic Zoom Available in HDMI 1080i, does somebody knows if it's a fix for this or i will need to buy the SDI version of the monitor, will it work on that?
I am on 5DMark3 with 1.2.3 and the August Nightly Build Installed.

A hug from Transylvania for all the ML lovers/creators.

5DanielMIII

Quote from: Ciprian_Sauca on November 21, 2014, 09:28:20 PM

I have an issue with the Audio Menu on the ML, It's sows me only 2 sub-menu items, Speaker Volume and Beep Test Tones..Do I need to do something special to have all the Audio Menu showing?

@Ciprian_Sauca
Did it work for you before? Have you searched the forum?
If you did, good!  ;D

-Did you start/load the audio/sound module from the MagicLantern menu?
-Did you restart the camera after doing this?
-?

Because this has been asked a gazzillion times, and often been a very easy fix...  :'(
I am thankful that Jesus and MagicLantern exist, because they both change lives!

Ciprian_Sauca

Hey Daniel,

I have loaded the MLV Sound Module, shows on the Audio Task Bar along the other 2 that I was talking earlier, but no sign of the full audio menu. I have tried before posting with the manual, within the forum, maybe I don't address the issue properly.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the mess-up but if you can guide me to the page that will resolve my problem I will be more then happy.

Good Night Magic Lantern People....

Walter Schulz

Take a look here:
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features
You will notice some audio options missing for 5D3. Don't know if a dev is working on this.

Ciprian_Sauca

Hey Walter, Kudos for you...This fixed my issue...They are not ready yet on the Mark III.
I have discover something else while playing thru the menus. I have an SmallHD monitor and while is connected to my MarkIII the Magic Zoom will not work on it, it is written on the bottom that will not work via HDMI 1080i. Do you have any clue about this and if is there any fix for it or it in the same stage as the audio module? Maybe if I buy an SmallHD SDI? Will this go thru?

A warm hug from the Carpatian Mountains....

Walter Schulz

Sorry, not familiar with HDMI issues on 5D3. Hope someone else will jump in.

Ciprian_Sauca

No problem, Thank You for the assistance and see you around here.

Cheers!

tetsusaiga

I was thinking about getting a 5D MKiii for Black Friday or Xmas.

Of course I want to install ML on the 5D MKiii, but I want to know what are the current problems with ML for the 5D MKiii.

I shot a 600D (T3i) using ML and it worked flawlessly for me.  So I was wondering whether ML will work flawlessly on the 5D MKiii as well.

I really like the timelapse features (e.g., intervalometer, AETTR, deflicker, dual ISO, etc.) that ML offers for the 600D.

Does ML for the 5D MKiii also have all of these features?

Also, I've been reading about this "boot flag" problem.  What is this problem and has it been fixed?

I also been reading about ML 1.1.3 vs ML 1.2.3.  Which one is more stable?

Lastly, has anyone ever experienced any serious problems with the 5D MKiii after installing ML?  I doubt it, but it never hurts to ask since all the Devs are very meticulous and competent coders.

Any help to these questions is appreciated.  Thanks.

tron

I have installed ML on both of my 5D3s since June. No problem. The bootflag issue is resolved now (it can be removed by installing again and waiting for 30 seconds...)

ChadMuffin

I have been using 1.2.3 for a few months now when I was using 1.1.3 previously. People brought up that 1.2.3 is slower than 1.1.3. This may have been in the early stages, which would be expected but. The latest build, Aug 2014 I believe, doesn't seem to be slower for me. I use 64 KB cards.

woody084

Ive asked this question in the 1.1.3 thread but im guessing development on that firmware has stopped.

Just wondering if it is possible to have Magic Zoom triggered by the half shutter press as with the MKII, instead of just the Magnify button on the left side as it is now? It would make the world of difference using that function for event work. Cheers!

niftyfifty

Hey guys
Any plans to do a ML port on the 5d Mark IV when it comes out next year? If not, I don't think I'll even bother waiting to buy one. I can't see the point if there's no ML Raw.
Thanks for the amazing work you did on the Mark III!!
You guys rock.

Audionut