Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lintoni

Quote from: a1ex on October 02, 2014, 01:27:34 PM
I'll update the branch as soon as I'll finish tweaking the fullres silent pictures.

Currently having some network problems, so I'm mostly offline these days.

Thanks for the info. I realise you have a lot of things to do, I was just a little concerned that the branch had become a victim of some Worthless complications, so it's a relief to know that that is not the case.

5Djp

Just updated to firmware 1.2.3.. works fine here.  Amazing.  Thanks all to who contributed.   

swinxx

hello a1ex!

i dont want to be nuisance, but may i carefully ask when you will update the 5d mark3 123 nightly? the 113 nightly is updated all the time and the 123 branch is 2 month old..

thx swinxx

Audionut

Keep an eye out here:  https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/all

I think most nightlies are compiled automatically each night, or at least whenever there are any commits.  The 5D3.123 branch is only compiled when there is an specific 5D3.123 commit, and unless I have missed something, there haven't been any 5D3.123 specific commits for some time now.

Hint:  this commit, even though it says 5D3.123 in the name, is for the dm-spy module, which means the module needs to be updated, not the actual core 5D3.123 build.

swinxx

But there are updates in the mlv and raw modules..? These are not specific, but also used by 5dmk3? No?

Audionut

They're in a different branch:  https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/branch/mlv_rec_lj92
Which means they're not meant to go in the nightly builds.

The only thing I see in the last month with a quick browse, is this:  https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/79e29eac86a785d2fc54be65dc5a2135abc8ab0c

renli0413

lintoni

Downloads (top right hand of page) > look for Nightly Builds > select 5D3.123
Quote from: renli0413 on October 12, 2014, 03:48:21 AM
where to download?

Ssandman

Can ML only brick your camera during installation or at any time?

dubzeebass

Quote from: Ssandman on October 13, 2014, 03:38:43 PM
Can ML only brick your camera during installation or at any time?

Every time someone asks a question like this an angel gets his wings ripped off.

MvM

Just a small hint for all 5D MK 3 op's:
I suddenly got only very low volume on the headphone output while filming and could not adjust it. Finally went into playmode and there and only there it is possible to adjust the volume. Changing the levels in ML-menu did nothing, even after setting the headphone levels in the playmode.

my two eurocents.. Matthias

dswatson83

Sorry for the newbie question, is there an Alpha build of ML for the 5D3 or are the Nightly downloads considered Alphas. I know there is no stable release yet. I don't mind not having the latest features, but I do need it as stable as possible so the nightly builds scare me.
Not sure if there was a solid Alpha or Beta release that had a solid rep for working well. Have a shoot in a week I wanted focus peaking for and maybe some other small features if available...not shooting RAW or anything just yet. But I can't afford corrupt files.

Also, what's the process of going back to the standard Canon firmware from ML? I didn't see that.
Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ
Top of page -> Downloads
And do some web search for "Alpha". There is no such thing as "solid alpha". It's a contradiction.

arthurfilmmaker

Hi, My 5D MK3 is Running on "1.1.3 ML 2.3 NEXT " , What exactly i need to do in order to upgrade?
The instructions says :
1.Format the card from the camera. (Sd card that contains the ML program? or what?)
2.Make sure you are running Canon firmware 1.2.3. (How do i instal this version? via SD card? I just copy the file of this version and run the update? )
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update. (Should i delete the second step's file[firmware] from the card before putting the ML files?)

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card. (Means that if i want to go back to 1.2.3 Canon's, just put it on the card and run the update and then the ML is gone?)
2) Follow the instructions.( Are there any more instructions? Where are they?)

I'm asking all of this because i don't really don't know. Thank you.

Audionut

Installation

1.  Any SD card
2.  Update Canon firmware as per Canon update process.  Read the instructions that come with the Canon firmware file.
3.  Might as well.

Uninstallation

1.  Yes
2.  1 + wait 30 seconds.

arthurfilmmaker

So just making sure.
My Version is 1.1.3 ml 2.3 NEXT. So i just go and update the version by putting the update file (ML5D3123.FIR) in to my clean SD card or with ML on it?  and run the firmware update?
I stressed out by this thats why i'm asking to make sure i'm doing it right  :) 

lintoni

If you're going to put Magic Lantern 5D3.123 on your camera, it needs to be running Canon firmware version 1.2.3.

Your camera has Canon firmware 1.1.2, so you need to download the appropriate version from your local Canon website.  If you're in the US, for instance, you would go to:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_iii#DriversAndSoftware

Look for "Firmware" and you will find Canon's firmware update. It comes in OSX and Windows flavours, pick the appropriate one for you. Follow the instructions from Canon (included in the download) to update the firmware to 1.2.3.

THEN format your SD card in camera, then put it into your computer's card reader, extract the Magic Lantern files to the card, put it back in the camera, then update the firmware to include Magic Lantern.

Abek

Can I use this firmware in Canon 1D Mark IV for recording RAW video?
And please make firmware for Canon 1DMIV  :(

lintoni

Quote from: Abek on October 20, 2014, 07:24:14 PM
Can I use this firmware in Canon 1D Mark IV for recording RAW video?
And please make firmware for Canon 1DMIV  :(

No.

Canon have made it clear that they do not want people modifying the firmware of their EOS1D series cameras, so if you to run Magic Lantern, you'll have to slum it and get a cheaper camera. :)

Abek

lintoni

Quote from: lintoni on October 20, 2014, 09:15:49 PM
Canon have made it clear that they do not want people modifying the firmware of their EOS1D series cameras, so if you to run Magic Lantern, you'll have to slum it and get a cheaper camera. :)

Further to this, see:

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/01/inside-the-canon-eos-1d-c/

DeafEyeJedi

Hello-

I've been itching to update my firmware for 5D3 to 1.2.3 from current 1.1.3 -- as long as everyone else on 1.2.3 running ML nightlies with barely any issues.

Chime in your thoughts...

I don't mind staying on 1.1.3 if it is in fact less buggy than the new ones otherwise I'll just go for it.

Thanks!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

meditant

Hello

Why the last 1.2.3 build is 07 august, its old no ?

Best regards

Walter Schulz

jordanwalkert

Will we ever see that full res silent pictures feature in the 5D3.123 build? I'm very interested in this feature as I have some time lapses coming up I need to shoot.