Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans_Punk

Quote from: Markus on August 08, 2014, 03:29:45 AM
Yes this is great, works for me too =). But I have to choose 3:2 t/b for alignment on my Zacuto EVF. You sure about 16:9?

That is what seems to work best for me...16x9 t/b and the Zacuto camera scale preset set to 5d3.
I'm using non-mirrored, as I prefer just to have all the menu/frame lines all within the EVF display.

davdav

Hi,

I am new to all this and want to try this with my Canon 5D mark iii.

One question.  How do I unzip the file downloaded file?  I am using Windows 7 and it does not recognise the zip file.  The error comes up as, "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid".  I have also tried right-clicking on the zipped file and selecting "Extract here".  And I have tried WinRAR (v 4.20 (64-bit) which gives me the error "Unexpected end of archive".

Help?! :-)

Walter Schulz

TTGator

Does Dual ISO build for 5D3.123? Maybe I have a build environment problem?

Building module dual_iso...
REBUILDING
[ README   ]   module_strings.h
[ CC       ]   dual_iso.o
[ MODULE   ]   dual_iso.mo
[ STRIP    ]   dual_iso.mo
[ EXPORTS  ]   dual_iso.sym
0000136c dual_iso_calc_dr_improvement
000013c4 dual_iso_set_enabled
000013e4 dual_iso_is_enabled
000013f4 dual_iso_is_active
00001414 dual_iso_get_dr_improvement
00001594 dual_iso_get_recovery_iso
000015b4 dual_iso_set_recovery_iso
[ DEPENDS  ]   dual_iso.dep
Will load on:
    1100D, 500D, 50D, 550D, 5D2, 5D3.123, 600D, 60D, 650D, 6D, 700D, 7D, EOSM
Not checked (compile ML for these cameras first):
    5D3.113
[ gcc      ]   cr2hdr
clang: error: unknown argument: '-mno-ms-bitfields' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: note: this will be a hard error (cannot be downgraded to a warning) in the future
make[3]: *** [cr2hdr] Error 1

WARNING: module dual_iso failed to build, deleting

[ RM ]  dual_iso.o dual_iso.mo dual_iso.sym dual_iso.dep module_strings.h *.o *.d *.dep *.sym hgstamp
[ RM ]  cr2hdr cr2hdr.exe

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer. http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11102.msg107950#msg107950  Maybe we can just remove that option from the Makefile permanently?

drybsmt

I am installed and running but the firmware upgrade scratched my lens.  Who's going to pay for it? ;D  I look forward to learning all the intricacies and benefiting from everyone's experience.

senzazn12

I'm currently running ML on 5D Mark III FIRMWARE Version 1.1.3. If I were to upgrade to firmware 1.2.3 and use ML on it. Would I just have reformat my card that is running ML on the 1.1.3 firmware through computer and follow the steps at the beginning of this page?

budafilms

Firs upgrade firmware from canon!
After, copy builds 1.2.3 in your card, put in the camera and follow the instruction form thread.

davdav

Can anyone help me unzip the zip file? I have downloaded it multiple times and even tried older versions but with the same errors as per my previous post.

Your help would be appreciated.

andresharambour

Maybe try unzipping in another computer? I've downloaded the latest version and several others and always worked fine. Maybe trying another software to do it?

pv25pv

thx alot for the hdmi fix..mirroring mode works great with the lilliput
5Dmk3
24-105mm f/4L _ 16-35mm f/2.8L II _ 50mm f/1.4 _ TS-E 90mm f/2.8 _ Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX

itsDPmikey

Hey friends,

I'm hoping you good people would be kind enough to help me with an issue i'm having with my 5D MARK iii.

Ever since I got my camera I've been getting these terrible flickering on all my shots(after installing magic lantern) And I cannot figure out why. I first downgraded to 1.1.3, had flickering, then upgraded to 1.2.3 and still flickering occurs in my videos. PLEASE HELP, PPLLEEAASSEE!!

Here is a footage of what i'm talking about
http://youtu.be/miU4JrG5Ks4
I love this &^*$ MAN!

budafilms

Quote from: itsDPmikey on August 10, 2014, 06:47:11 AM
Hey friends,

I'm hoping you good people would be kind enough to help me with an issue i'm having with my 5D MARK iii.

Ever since I got my camera I've been getting these terrible flickering on all my shots(after installing magic lantern) And I cannot figure out why. I first downgraded to 1.1.3, had flickering, then upgraded to 1.2.3 and still flickering occurs in my videos. PLEASE HELP, PPLLEEAASSEE!!

It's terrible!
I think you have drop frames, not flickering.
Wich Card do you use? Build?
Have you tried with a lower size, like 1280x720?

itsDPmikey

Quote from: budafilms on August 10, 2014, 07:12:14 AM
It's terrible!

THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING BUDAFILMS

No I have not used a lower Res, I will do that immediately. If it is the card, is there a card that can do 1920? Or a way around it for the card that I have like maybe turning some of the other unnecessary options/settings off so the card can handle 1920?
I am using a 1066x 32GB UDMA 7 lexar professional CF
Max. Read Speed 160 MB/s
Max. Write Speed 155 MB/s

I don't understand, In the ML settings it says for 1920 you need a card that can record 82.9MB/s and this card obviously is capable of that or atleast thats what lexar/B&H states.
I love this &^*$ MAN!

davdav

Hi all,

What software do you use to unzip the ML file?  I have tried native Windows 7 (64 bit) and also WinRAR v4.2, but neither work and come up with errors (see my previous posts up this page.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have never had any problems with unzipping files.

Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Download statistics by a1ex:

As far as I'm aware of you are the first person having issues.

Ciao
Walter

budafilms

Quote from: davdav on August 10, 2014, 09:28:15 AM
Hi all,

What software do you use to unzip the ML file?  I have tried native Windows 7 (64 bit) and also WinRAR v4.2, but neither work and come up with errors (see my previous posts up this page.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have never had any problems with unzipping files.

Thanks!

You have problem in your machine. Maybe some kind of antivirus or firewall.
I downloaded lot of times.

itsDPmikey

Quote from: budafilms on August 10, 2014, 07:12:14 AM
It's terrible!

BUDAFILMS, I just remembered that my settings are set to stop recording if frame skips/drops
so I guess its not dropped frames.

ok so here is what I did so far, I recorded about 20 seconds of the following below
1920 RAW
720 RAW
1920 MLV RAW
720 MLV RAW
1920 RAW gd off

in all these cases NONE OF THEM dropped frames or flickered. I got them all in each on its own timeline in DAVINCI RESOLVE 10 and watched them in "BMD Film" mode (23.976) as normal and they all looked fine UNTIL I started color grade them, all of the sudden playback starts flickering/frame skipping. VERY BAZZARE. So I reset the colors back to washed out raw and hit play it stopped flickering/skipping.

I took these footages in photoshop camerraw and color graded the footage and hit playback and WALLA NO flickering or skipping. So whats going on here with davinci Resolve and these DNG files?

any ideas guys?
I love this &^*$ MAN!

Jazzepisode

Hey guys,

I recently installed the nightly build from July the 30th and after that I keep getting corrupted raw photos out of my 5D mk III even after deinstalling Magic lantern.

They look like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7fpfi9otrgj89c/8U3A0769.jpg

So not all pictures are corrupted. Like 2 out of 10 are perfectly fine. My question is wether that is a known problem and how I can fix it. The embedded JPEGs from the raw photos are perfectly fine. The raw itself is corrupted. Because of this I don't think that the sensor is broken.

I deinstalled Magic lantern through the firmware update process and took the photo in the link above. Still corrupted. I uploaded the raw version of the photo too, so you can see for yourself: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgucqrl2pidj9q4/8U3A0769.CR2

The recorded raw videos were perfectly fine, without any corruption at all.

Thx in advance for every helpful answer

budafilms

Quote from: itsDPmikey on August 10, 2014, 10:27:15 AM
BUDAFILMS, I just remembered that my settings are set to stop recording if frame skips/drops
so I guess its not dropped frames.

ok so here is what I did so far, I recorded about 20 seconds of the following below
1920 RAW
720 RAW
1920 MLV RAW
720 MLV RAW
1920 RAW gd off

in all these cases NONE OF THEM dropped frames or flickered. I got them all in each on its own timeline in DAVINCI RESOLVE 10 and watched them in "BMD Film" mode (23.976) as normal and they all looked fine UNTIL I started color grade them, all of the sudden playback starts flickering/frame skipping. VERY BAZZARE. So I reset the colors back to washed out raw and hit play it stopped flickering/skipping.

I took these footages in photoshop camerraw and color graded the footage and hit playback and WALLA NO flickering or skipping. So whats going on here with davinci Resolve and these DNG files?

any ideas guys?

The only Idea before a Dev analysing your RAW file, it's about your discrete graphic card or your timeline fps setting.
The DNG's extracted for ACR and DaVINCI are the same, and as you say it's just a problem with Resolve.
I only use Resolve and with the last build and the lats before I don't have any problem like that.

budafilms

Quote from: Jazzepisode on August 10, 2014, 11:05:03 AM
Hey guys,

I recently installed the nightly build from July the 30th and after that I keep getting corrupted raw photos out of my 5D mk III even after deinstalling Magic lantern.

They look like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7fpfi9otrgj89c/8U3A0769.jpg

So not all pictures are corrupted. Like 2 out of 10 are perfectly fine. My question is wether that is a known problem and how I can fix it. The embedded JPEGs from the raw photos are perfectly fine. The raw itself is corrupted. Because of this I don't think that the sensor is broken.

I deinstalled Magic lantern through the firmware update process and took the photo in the link above. Still corrupted. I uploaded the raw version of the photo too, so you can see for yourself: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgucqrl2pidj9q4/8U3A0769.CR2

The recorded raw videos were perfectly fine, without any corruption at all.

Thx in advance for every helpful answer

Are you compiling Silent Module or just the BUILD like downloaded?
Have you tried with Build 08/08?

Jazzepisode

Quote from: budafilms on August 10, 2014, 11:21:14 AM
Are you compiling Silent Module or just the BUILD like downloaded?
Have you tried with Build 08/08?

I just downloaded the build and put it on the card.

Yes I tried that, nothing better. But even after deinstalling ML I keep getting corrupted frames. I'm a little worried that I might have killed something.

Whenever I take JPGs they're just fine. Like you would expect. But when shooting raw, these weird issues appear.

vovkinson

where did you buy the card? ebay?

Quote from: itsDPmikey on August 10, 2014, 07:19:13 AM
THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING BUDAFILMS

No I have not used a lower Res, I will do that immediately. If it is the card, is there a card that can do 1920? Or a way around it for the card that I have like maybe turning some of the other unnecessary options/settings off so the card can handle 1920?
I am using a 1066x 32GB UDMA 7 lexar professional CF
Max. Read Speed 160 MB/s
Max. Write Speed 155 MB/s

I don't understand, In the ML settings it says for 1920 you need a card that can record 82.9MB/s and this card obviously is capable of that or atleast thats what lexar/B&H states.

vovkinson

did you think about getting camcorder? ML is tricky and takes a lot of reading!
Quote from: itsDPmikey on August 10, 2014, 06:47:11 AM
Hey friends,

Stedda

Quote from: itsDPmikey on August 10, 2014, 07:19:13 AM

Run a Card Benchmark those numbers stated by B&H/Lexar mean nothing...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

davdav

What software do you use to unzip the ML file?? I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.