Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyD30

What is canon menu auto-shutoff set to?

tobiascorts

Frankie

is this time can be remove boot flag from 5D3?
Bec i wnat to use the eye-fi card... just want to know if i remove the ML completely.

achangsta

@a1ex: Has the ML overlay support when mirroring on an external monitor been addressed in the nightly build yet? Last I heard was from a couple of weeks ago (Post 675 on page 27).

I am getting the same orange horizontal lines as the image shown here:
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/521/mirroring-support-for-external-monitors/diff

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Frankie on July 30, 2014, 05:05:22 PM
is this time can be remove boot flag from 5D3?

Read first post of this thread.

TTGator

Quote from: achangsta on July 30, 2014, 05:07:00 PM
@a1ex: Has the ML overlay support when mirroring on an external monitor been addressed in the nightly build yet? Last I heard was from a couple of weeks ago (Post 675 on page 27).

I am getting the same orange horizontal lines as the image shown here:
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/521/mirroring-support-for-external-monitors/diff

I'm pretty sure it has not since I just installed the latest build (as of a couple days ago) and orange banding is still there. Maybe I should use this as an opportunity to actually attempt to learn this whole build system.

TTGator

Ok, I just built the 5D3.123 branch :)

Now to figure out what I did and how to make it useful!

TTGator

In case I can't figure this out before someone can answer it for me...

After building ML, is there an easy way to package everything to put on the card to run it? If not, what files do I need to use from the build I did? I'm assuming the following three files at a minimum? Are there any more? Do I just use all the rest of the files from the nightly build?

(I checked out the 5D3-123 branch, made the code changes that a1ex noted as being under review for the external monitor, and compiled)

autoexec.bin
ML5D3123.FIR
ML/modules/5D3_123.sym

Also, do I need to reinstall the FW on the camera through the menu or anything? There's probably a simple link someone will end up pointing me to that covers "after you build it, this is how you deploy it", but I haven't found it yet

EDIT:
It looks like changing to the correct platform directory and running 'make zip' is the step I was looking for.

yvan

Hello, I discovered that when I press garbage (delete) button during rec,
the borders top and above become transparent.
It should be really nice to have it always to prevent microphone or anything entering in the frame .. too late..
I would like to know if it could be possible to assign the magic zoom button during rec to à right button (af-on should be perfect) as we often focus with left hand.
I love ML and can't work without anymore.
Sincerely
Yvan

budafilms

Quote from: yvan on July 31, 2014, 12:41:24 AM
It should be really nice to have it always to prevent microphone or anything entering in the frame .. too late..
I would like to know if it could be possible to assign the magic zoom button during rec to à right button (af-on should be perfect) as we often focus with left hand.
Sincerely
Yvan

Anything else? A burger, coke?

yvan

Sorry budafilms but I think transparency borders and zoom assign button are real enhancements. I say that for contribution (as I also donate regurlarly).
QuoteAnything else? A burger, coke?
Also, I'm sorry to tell you I really prefer organic than the sh... you propose me. >:(
Sincerely.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/08/do-you-have-any-idea-of-the-chemicals-used-in-fast-food-chicken.aspx

4uAllIn

hey everbody.

i have updated my camera with firmwar 1.2.3 and ML is runnung perfect.

the only problem is i need to record 1 hour in one peace and the camera shuts down after 29:56 minutes .does anybody know how i can solve this problem?

you guys are doing a brillant job on ML.thx for that.

comurit

Quote from: 4uAllIn on July 31, 2014, 11:39:03 AM
hey everbody.

the only problem is i need to record 1 hour in one peace and the camera shuts down after 29:56 minutes .does anybody know how i can solve this problem?

Get another 5D next to the one you already have, and push record once the first one has reached 29,56
Come on!!!!!!!  :D

TTGator

Ok, I got my build installed and tested the HDMI Mirroring change. It works!

I learned a few things while doing this. What *I* actually wanted fixed already works in the current nightly build. I think some others may be confused about it as well.

What was broken:
Setting "HDMI output + LCD" to "Mirroring" doesn't output anything to the external monitor in the nightly build. The change I tested fixes this. (This mode is supposed to be used for external recording where clean HDMI with NO OVERLAYS will be displayed on an external monitor)

What is not broken that I thought was broken:
Setting "HDMI output + LCD" to "No mirroring" showed a bunch of orange banding on the external monitor when global draw is on. I actually thought that was what this change fixed, but it already works! You just have to go to the Canon menu and change the setting "HDMI frame rate" from AUTO to "24p". (This is the mode WITH overlays. It is already working in the current nightly builds when you change the settings as I just described)

Markus

Quote from: 4uAllIn on July 31, 2014, 11:39:03 AM
hey everbody.

There is a setting that's called sticky shutter witch prevents live view from shutdown after 29:59.

budafilms

Quote from: yvan on July 31, 2014, 09:08:01 AM
Sorry budafilms but I think transparency borders and zoom assign button are real enhancements. I say that for contribution (as I also donate regurlarly).Also, I'm sorry to tell you I really prefer organic than the sh... you propose me. >:(
Sincerely.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/08/do-you-have-any-idea-of-the-chemicals-used-in-fast-food-chicken.aspx

Yeah! Was a Joke!
Try to find here a way to set your button preferences.
You can select one and put - like pressing RATE - ISO and WB ;)

spnsir

Quote from: yvan on July 31, 2014, 12:41:24 AM
Sincerely
Yvan

Go into Canon settings, Custom Controls, and set the SET button to the ZOOM function. For transparent borders, would using the cropmarks here work? (or make your own in Paint): http://www.sawomedia.de/magiclantern/cropmarks/ (CineSco3 and CineSco5)

dubzeebass

Quote from: TTGator on July 31, 2014, 10:30:59 PM
Ok, I got my build installed and tested the HDMI Mirroring change. It works!

I learned a few things while doing this. What *I* actually wanted fixed already works in the current nightly build. I think some others may be confused about it as well.

What was broken:
Setting "HDMI output + LCD" to "Mirroring" doesn't output anything to the external monitor in the nightly build. The change I tested fixes this.

What is not broken that I thought was broken:
Setting "HDMI output + LCD" to "No mirroring" showed a bunch of orange banding on the external monitor when global draw is on. I actually thought that was what this change fixed, but it already works! You just have to go to the Canon menu and change the setting "HDMI frame rate" from AUTO to "24p".
Can you share? Being able to output ML overlays to hdmi would be rad.

4uAllIn

Quote from: Markus on August 01, 2014, 01:27:56 AM
There is a setting that's called sticky shutter witch prevents live view from shutdown after 29:59.

hey markus thx for your help.

the only problem is now that i can t find the sticky shutter button.
could you please help me and give me directions where i can find it?
thx a lot

TTGator

Quote from: dubzeebass on August 01, 2014, 06:53:59 AM
Can you share? Being able to output ML overlays to hdmi would be rad.

I was trying to say (apparently not well) that it's already there! Just set "HDMI frame rate" to 24p and "HDMI output + LCD" to No mirroring.

I edited my original post that you quoted to try to make the difference between the two modes clearer.

komeet

Quote from: TTGator on August 01, 2014, 04:34:30 PM
I was trying to say (apparently not well) that it's already there! Just set "HDMI frame rate" to 24p and "HDMI output + LCD" to No mirroring.

I edited my original post that you quoted to try to make the difference between the two modes clearer.

Yeah but it would be nice to have a version where al the ML overlays are shown at the internal monitor while the external one has a clean output.

4uAllIn

Quote from: Markus on August 01, 2014, 01:27:56 AM

does anybody know where i can find the sticky shutter option?

thx in advance for your help and your great work to you all

TTGator

Quote from: komeet on August 01, 2014, 06:09:40 PM
Yeah but it would be nice to have a version where al the ML overlays are shown at the internal monitor while the external one has a clean output.

Ah good point. Do any cameras have this working currently with ML?

komeet

Quote from: TTGator on August 01, 2014, 06:45:51 PM
Ah good point. Do any cameras have this working currently with ML?

not sure about any other cameras but how does your build behave? does it show the ML overlays on the camera while the external monitor is connected and hdmi output is set to mirroring?

TTGator

Quote from: komeet on August 02, 2014, 01:20:54 PM
not sure about any other cameras but how does your build behave? does it show the ML overlays on the camera while the external monitor is connected and hdmi output is set to mirroring?

Yeah, actually that's exactly what it does.  :P  Had to go back and check.

No-mirroring only shows external monitor with overlays and the camera display is not used.