Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chopper2585

Quote from: goran on June 24, 2014, 08:25:52 AM
Please report if the problem persists with the new card.
BTW I've had a couple of Lexar UDMA 7 card readers go crazy and corrupting files during transfer. Transferring the same files from the same card with a different reader didn't show any problems and the files were ok, so I'd check also a different reader just to be sure.

All best,
Goran

Thanks for the heads up on those. I'll keep an eye on my reader in case that happens to any of my files.

I got the new card in today and everything works great, no more lines or issues, and the card is much faster. I can record continuously at 1920x1152 at 23.986.

Thanks for the help!

comurit

Having trouble deleting MLV files after playing them back in camera , I am using the mlv_play menu to delete it,but nothing not exit the play menu or go to another clip, Then an error pops up, Deleting 'A:DCIM/100EOS5D/M29-2131.MLV' failed, retrying...
Any idea anyone.
thanks.

unfilmde

Quote from: comurit on June 26, 2014, 09:37:49 PM
Having trouble deleting MLV files after playing them back in camera , I am using the mlv_play menu to delete it,but nothing not exit the play menu or go to another clip, Then an error pops up, Deleting 'A:DCIM/100EOS5D/M29-2131.MLV' failed, retrying...
Any idea anyone.
thanks.

I've had success just hitting the default delete button on the back of the 5D mark iii.

dia3olik

Guys I think it's better not to delete any files to avoid fragmenting the card...

RWBrooks

Is fragmenting the card an issue? Does it slow things down? I have problems writing to a 1066x 128GB Lexar sometimes. I have to take a burst of photos or work my way up to 1920x1080 footage with smaller resolutions before the card starts writing at 90MB/s...Is that linked?

mariosk9gr

Hello guys,
Im using last couple months mlv raw with fw 1.2.3 and Im experiencing many problems with almost every build.
My issues are that when I record a few clips I get missing frames and in many clips I record are totally green! The strange thing is that when I play these green clips from
my camera with mlv_play the clips are looking ok but when I convert them to dngs to my mac or if I play the mlv with mlrawviewer then the clips are green and I can't fix them back to normal.
Im searching in the forum to find a solution but unfortunately I didn't.Any help would be much appreciated.

a1ex

Quote from: comurit on June 26, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Can you check if this helps? https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/2022/mlv_play-destroy-data#comment-10957992

comurit

Quote from: a1ex on June 27, 2014, 10:48:51 PM
Can you check if this helps? https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/2022/mlv_play-destroy-data#comment-10957992

It didn't help, what I did is format in exfat the lexar 1066x 64 gb, offloaded the modules and loaded again, record 1920x1080 and play the video, it worked, exit and deleting was possible, i did some recording in crop mode and I am back to where I was in the first place.
I hope this helps.

bryn

so far its working pretty well. I have also found that the first frame or two in a recorded sequence dont record. however this is indicated during record time.
Also at first I was unable to record 1920x1080 ML Raw with my Lexar 1000x speed card. but then for some reason it seemed to work fine and has been fine for the remainder
of the testing.
I have also noted the camera warming up quit significantly more than before with the older 113 builds.
But super happy though... would love to get 40fps working at 1920X1080 again. wink

motionSOUL

I had similar troubles not to be able to delete a file after viewed it from the MLVPlayer.
Second bug, File Manager never print the real file weight when the file is too big (more than 10GB).

Thanks,

S.

mariosk9gr

With the latest build I downloaded today I think the problem with missing frames is gone but I still get greenish clips sometimes.Any fix for this? can someone help me please?

oliverledoux

Quote from: Jolly Roger on March 16, 2014, 09:53:52 PM
If you have the bootflag already enabled, just upgrade to 1.2.3 Canon firmware, power off the camera, put ML (1.2.3 build) on card, et voilà.

I must have missed something because that doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm running 3115 then go to the canon menu, press firmware ver 1.1.3ml-2.3.it asks if I want to upgrade, I press yes then it goes to lack with the red light blinking for a while, so long that I have to take the battery out.

It seems I may be running the version 2.3 now but I still can't use the camera without the sd card in, is that normal?...

Cheers

walter_schulz

Format card using a cardreader. Insert card into cam and format again. Copy Canon firmware version 1.2.3 to card (cardreader again). Insert card into cam and run Canon's firmware upgrade procedure.

budafilms

MLV RAW (1920x1080 build up to date of the post) it's working every build worst. Now I have to loose two shots of seconds to get an entire shot. Even setting all memory hacks and global off.

Sorry for say these. I know it's a very hard work for devs.

After I can get more shots with the same card. I did a full length movie with MLV, something impossible today.
I tried with other 5d Mark III , and difference CF cards, and the problem it's the same.

I am using .RAW where I don't have any problems.

I hope Devs can define how to stabilise MLV.

Thanks.

swinxx

Hmm. Perhaps you should delete the ml config files and cope the complete directory onto the card.. I think it works great here. But now i will have to try the newest built.. ;(

budafilms

Quote from: swinxx on June 29, 2014, 08:56:50 AM
Hmm. Perhaps you should delete the ml config files and cope the complete directory onto the card.. I think it works great here. But now i will have to try the newest built.. ;(

I did!
If you try tell me how it works!
I can share and test to help, of course. I want to go forward with ML ;)

yvan

Hello, I discovered that when I press garbage (delete) button during rec, the borders top and above become transparent.
It should be really nice to have it always to prevent microphone or anything entering in the frame .. too late..
I would like to know if it could be possible to assign the magic zoom button during rec to à right button (af-on should be perfect) as I focus with left hand.
I love ML and can't work without anymore.

Sincerely
Yvan

Does anybody worries about that too ?

1 month and no answers, so stupid questions ?

Etrocal

I just made the jump to 1.2.3 so I apologize if this has already been noted, but it seems that when I switch into photo mode from video and change the manual autofocus switch on the lens from off to on (or on to off,) the camera shuts down.  I was able to replicate it once but not a second time... any ideas?
5d mkiii - 6d - Canon 24-105mmL, 85mm 1.8, 28mm f1.8, 50mm 1.8, 40mm 2.8  -  and a boatload of accessories

a1ex

Any error logs?

Try to reproduce, and if you can, film the camera screen and attach your settings folder.

stealingyourlaughs

Thank you for this excellent information but I cant seem to even get passed downloading the ML files from the link. I click and nothing happens at all. Any ideas as to what the problem may be? I've never had any problem downloading anything in the past.

Kharak

Sorry to break the current flow of your discussion.

But I got a question about the latest development regarding higher fps and higher resolution.

Am I correct to understand that the footage is no longer stretched? and if so, is 1920x872 2:20.1 at 48 fps possible?

And is this fps hack also possible on 1.1.3?

Thank you

once you go raw you never go back

a1ex

For un-stretched FPS: I think you can configure the sensor to output a cropped image with square pixels, by changing ADTG 0x800C and 0x8000 (but I don't know how to increase the resolution, so you'll end up with a very wide aspect ratio). I didn't test it at high fps though, because the overhead of adtg_gui is too large.

For the other question, it takes 5 minutes to try and find out.

felbingerfilms

On my T5i i can access a 1080p crop mode (uses only center of sensor)...

Recently got a 5d3 and cannot seem to find this feature.

Where in the menus can it be found, or does it exist?

Running July 1, 2014 firmware.
5D mark 3 - T5i

alfo

Thanks for all the hard work, I've got the latest nightly for 1.2.3 on my 5D and it's working fantastically.

There's just one problem I've noticed though. When I connect anything to the HDMI port and set the 5D to mirroring so that none of the Canon info comes up on the HDMI out, the ML overlays on the back of the camera are not shown even though the screen is on.

When I go into the menu it tells me to press the INFO button to get rid of the Canon menus, however I've tried this and it still won't display, instead with the same error.

Thought this might be of help to you
5D mkIII 1.2.3 w/ ML || 600D w/ ML || Atomos Ninja 2 || 50mm f1.4 || 85mm f1.8 || 20-40mm f2.8