Previous topic - Next topic

meditant

Hello,

For me too, the audiometer work with the 21/05 build

Regards

unfilmde

Quote from: frenchps49 on May 21, 2014, 08:50:43 AM
Everything's OK for me on 5D mk III

Maybe I uninstalled it incorrectly. I ran the firmware update and made the SD card not bootable. Trashed the old files on the card, copied the new files to the card and then ran the firmware update again.

Is there a switch or setting I may have inadvertently turned off?

I can't figure this one out. This is the first time I'm having trouble with a nightly build.  The audio meters just don't show up.

unfilmde

Well I narrowed down the audio meter disappearance. If I do a clean install of the latest nightly build 5-20 for the 5D Mark iii they show up. It is when I enable RAW record and setting the frame size to 1920x1080, leaving MLV rec off of course, the audio meters disappear and are replaced with bars, (see picture).

When I turn RAW recording off, they come back again.

This didn't happen in the previous builds.

a1ex

Audio meters only appear when you are prepared to record some kind of sound (H.264 or mlv_snd). Should be obvious.

unfilmde

Quote from: a1ex on May 21, 2014, 07:42:38 PM
Audio meters only appear when you are prepared to record some kind of sound (H.264 or mlv_snd). Should be obvious.

A1ex,  it should be obvious, but they were there in the last build with the settings I had when set to RAW record. I understand it should be obvious. I was just curious why they went away. You can't record RAW and have MLV_SND on or you enter an ERR loop.

I prefer to shoot RAW as MLV_Raw my one day disappear and so go the files.

Fioritura

Quote from: Fioritura on May 16, 2014, 12:44:04 PM
I just had a strange experience with the 5D mk3 and Marek's build. The camera would show the ML menu when I pressed the trash button but switch back after a second. I managed to get all setting dialed in and recorded the set, but it appears the camera wants to negate the WB shift setting in irregular intervals, causing short (luckily slight) colour changes for a fixed number of frames. I'll post two samples in a bit. A few hours after the session the camera (with the same card and all) luckily performed without any problems.

Here are two samples.

Cheers,

Andrew

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23tS9bIjRt6ZjhfbkVLT0pqTDQ/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23tS9bIjRt6NlAzWEw3UWxxcEU/edit?usp=sharing

jrcreative

Re-post because i think it got lost in the mix and i'd love anybody's thoughts on what's going on here.

Just installed 1.2.3 on my Mark III and have had no problems shooting etc. One thing however i've noticed is that when i plug in my HDMI monitor and turn on my camera i do not get my ML. It seems to default to the normal Canon video monitor screen. I was able to access the ML settings by hitting the trash can but that's about it. When I go ahead and turn off mirroring on the canon menu then ML appears on the monitor however i thought that with 1.2.3 you were able to get mirroring.

thoughts?

rick_ford55

Hi Guys....great stuff going on with ML but i am wondering if there is a way to have the ML firmware on a single card that will work on both 5d mk 3 and mk 2?? Is it possible rather than having lots of expensive cards for each? :(

vovkinson

can you try it and let us know how it works? good luck! 
Quote from: rick_ford55 on May 21, 2014, 10:37:54 PM
Hi Guys....great stuff going on with ML but i am wondering if there is a way to have the ML firmware on a single card that will work on both 5d mk 3 and mk 2?? Is it possible rather than having lots of expensive cards for each? :(

dubzeebass

Quote from: jrcreative on May 21, 2014, 10:30:41 PM
Re-post because i think it got lost in the mix and i'd love anybody's thoughts on what's going on here.

Just installed 1.2.3 on my Mark III and have had no problems shooting etc. One thing however i've noticed is that when i plug in my HDMI monitor and turn on my camera i do not get my ML. It seems to default to the normal Canon video monitor screen. I was able to access the ML settings by hitting the trash can but that's about it. When I go ahead and turn off mirroring on the canon menu then ML appears on the monitor however i thought that with 1.2.3 you were able to get mirroring.

thoughts?

Didn't get lost. Read the thread.

rpt

Quote from: rick_ford55 on May 21, 2014, 10:37:54 PM
I would not do that. I would rather fork out 200 bucks rather than brick a body!

budafilms

Quote from: rpt on May 22, 2014, 03:38:31 AM
I would not do that. I would rather fork out 200 bucks rather than brick a body!

If you have two cameras, why do you intend modify the firmware for the people like me with only one? ;)
Use SD card for ML, are very cheap.

swinxx

Why 200..? Buy 2 cheap sd - one for mk2 and one for mk3.  put ml on each card and leave them in your cameras.. So you only have to change the much more important and faster cf card.

poromaa

Quote from: swinxx on May 22, 2014, 10:58:16 AM
Why 200..? Buy 2 cheap sd - one for mk2 and one for mk3.  put ml on each card and leave them in your cameras.. So you only have to change the much more important and faster cf card.

the mkii doesn't have any sd-card-slot.

a1ex

We have 40 fps in 1080p RAW, test it out!

Other frame rate limits: 38 fps in 1080p H.264, and 67fps in 720p, both RAW and H.264.

Technical info here.

Tests needed:
- push FPS to the maximum values and make sure you can record safely in RAW, MLV and H.264. If there are artifacts, that's a bug.
- try all the video modes (1080p, 720p, 480p, zoom, photo...)
- write down what you have tested, so others would be able to focus on untested modes.

The update will be also in 5D3.113, and it's been already there in 60D, 600D and 1100D for ages (with some lower FPS limits).

budafilms

Quote from: a1ex on May 22, 2014, 10:06:33 PM
We have 40 fps in 1080p RAW, test it out!

Other frame rate limits: 38 fps in 1080p H.264, and 67fps in 720p, both RAW and H.264.

Technical info here.

Tests needed:
- push FPS to the maximum values and make sure you can record safely in RAW, MLV and H.264. If there are artifacts, that's a bug.
- try all the video modes (1080p, 720p, 480p, zoom, photo...)
- write down what you have tested, so others would be able to focus on untested modes.

The update will be also in 5D3.113, and it's been already there in 60D, 600D and 1100D for ages (with some lower FPS limits).

Great work A1ex!!!! As always!
Do you know a link, or a way to reduce the black noise in RAW?
Any recommendations?

:)

DavidSh

Quote from: a1ex on May 13, 2014, 05:57:18 PM
Please read the first post before continuing the discussion about raw recording.

Locking the thread for 48 hours.
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

gideonplus

Using magiclantern-Nightly.2014May22.5D3123
The ETTR function does not work correctly(OVEREXPOSED)

a1ex

gideonplus

OK I have it checked deeper and it occurs (in Still photography),

only when I have the fps activated(in video mode 25p->25p)

Using magiclantern-Nightly.2014May22.5D3123
modules loaded:
ETTR
ML_REC
ML_SOUND
ML_PLAY

Untitledphoto

Stopped at about 4 sec after recording...
"Early stop(9)...Didn't make it to estimated recording time!"

FPS Override
Desired FPS: 40 (from 24)
Optimized for: EXACT FPS
Actual FPS: 40.000

Komputerbay 64gb 1000x
firmware 1.1.3

magic4001

Sorry if writing in the wrong thread or in another form inadequate.

38 fps in H.264 is great! Any chance adding sound, maybe in an extra file or so as a backup if needing sound for some reason and going back from 38 to 25 fps? I would appreciate this as another killer feature for my wedding documentary work...

Or did I miss something?

THX!  :)

a1ex

Quote from: gideonplus on May 23, 2014, 12:28:54 PM
OK I have it checked deeper and it occurs (in Still photography),

only when I have the fps activated(in video mode 25p->25p)
Fixed, thanks.

Quote from: magic4001 on May 23, 2014, 05:53:07 PM
38 fps in H.264 is great! Any chance adding sound, maybe in an extra file or so as a backup [...]
There was an option to record a separate WAV file. Will be likely added back once the new-sound-system branch will be ready.

magic4001

Untitledphoto

Quote from: Untitledphoto on May 23, 2014, 12:44:27 PM
Stopped at about 4 sec after recording...
"Early stop(9)...Didn't make it to estimated recording time!"

FPS Override
Desired FPS: 40 (from 24)
Optimized for: EXACT FPS
Actual FPS: 40.000

Komputerbay 64gb 1000x
firmware 1.1.3

Installed 1.2.3 firmware... but same thing (3-4 seg and stops).