Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User guide -> FAQ -> Second Q

trainwreckfilms

:) The nightly Build worked for me without any alarming issues. The install literally took 3 minutes..... Thank you! Cant wait for the stable release!

Audio works when recording video! Im a noob for canon but if there is anything I can do to help finding bugs let me know.

-Trainwreckfilms
Canon 5DMKiii FW1.2.3

marekk

Quote from: Fioritura on May 07, 2014, 06:22:13 PM
After installing the version Marek compiled I get nice ML overlays on the internal screen. Yes! BTW, when I start raw recording there is a 2-3 second outage on the external screen (SmallHD AC7), but stopping the recording does not seem to effect the video transmitted.

Cheers,

Andrew

You should to disable Extra Hacks or Memory hack in MLV_REC options..

Fioritura

Quote from: marekk on May 08, 2014, 10:20:27 AM
You should to disable Extra Hacks or Memory hack in MLV_REC options..

OK, I'll try that next chance I get. Thanks!

Cheers,

Andrew

jrcreative

Anybody in the NYC area using the latest build with their Mark III that I can speak with directly. I'd love to ask a few direct questions to someone with experience using ML in my area.

Thanks,
Jason

idan_estee

Hi guys,

Im receiving my Lexar 64gb 1066x cards tomorrow and I cant wait to test out the ML Raw on my 5D3.

I just got a few questions if anyone could help me answer.

1. Should i start with 1.2.3 or try 1.1.3 first?
2. Where can I find the right camera settings for RAW on this forum? (stuff i need to switch on or off in camera settings)

Thx in advanced!
Dan Estee

Fioritura

Quote from: idan_estee on May 08, 2014, 06:14:37 PM
Hi guys,

Im receiving my Lexar 64gb 1066x cards tomorrow and I cant wait to test out the ML Raw on my 5D3.

I just got a few questions if anyone could help me answer.

1. Should i start with 1.2.3 or try 1.1.3 first?
2. Where can I find the right camera settings for RAW on this forum? (stuff i need to switch on or off in camera settings)

Thx in advanced!
Dan Estee

Hi Dan, I jumped right into using the version that supports 1.2.3. Seems to work fine so far.

Cheers,

Andrew

spencerselvidge

I am new to ML for the 5d3 (I've used it before but never on my own gear or on a 5d3), and I was wondering which build is the most stable if I just want zebras, peaking, intervalometer, and controlling bit rate? I am shooting a project where internet access will be sparse for about 2 weeks.

I have canon firmware 1.2.3 and have no intention of shooting RAW video or doing anything more complicated than I have already stated.

If it is the most current nightly build, then great! If it is something else, any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

arturochu

is there a way of having mirror enabled and have ml stuff in the mark iii screen while having a video feed to an external monitor?
Chu

Fioritura

Quote from: marekk on May 01, 2014, 02:45:11 PM
Fresh compiled version of ML with overlays on LCD (mirroring enabled):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ejsn7zn6eh1sdp/5D3_hdmi.zip

USE IT FOR TESTS ONLY AND ON YOUR OWN RISK

Hi Marekk, has this feature been integrated into the nightly builds yet?

Cheers,

Andrew

Fioritura

Quote from: Fioritura on May 09, 2014, 07:57:22 AM

Cheers,

Andrew

OK, looking at the changelogs it appears the last significant additions were on April 24. Probably not an easy task ;-)

Fioritura

Quote from: Fioritura on May 07, 2014, 08:46:58 AM
is there a way to get rid of the "FPS override: ..." text when recording RAW?

Disabling "Extra hacks" does the trick, although I think the FPS override announcement should take care of it's disappearance on it's own.

BTW, what is the preferred way to report (potential ;-) bugs? Is it OK to mention them in the camera related section or should I file create a Mantis-entry or some such?

Cheers,

Andrew

Fioritura

Quote from: marekk on May 01, 2014, 02:45:11 PM
Fresh compiled version of ML with overlays on LCD (mirroring enabled):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ejsn7zn6eh1sdp/5D3_hdmi.zip

USE IT FOR TESTS ONLY AND ON YOUR OWN RISK

A sure way to make the camera crash is to enable the 5x zoom, hook up an external HDMI display and start recording in raw mode. A static image was displayed on the screen, turning the camera off did not change a thing, but popping out the battery did the trick.

Cheers,

Andrew

marekk

No, code is not complete. ML overlays should be disabled when canon overlays are enabled.

Quote from: Fioritura on May 09, 2014, 07:57:22 AM

Cheers,

Andrew

lureb74

Hello everybody!
VERY GREAT JOB TO ALL YOU GUYS!!!!

I have a question: I'm still using ML 5D3-1.1.3. version, waiting to upgrade to 1.2.3. firmware because it is an irreversible upgrade.
Do the 1.2.3. version including all the features of 1.1.3. version?
Thank you,
Lorenzo

marekk

chris_overseas

Quote from: lureb74 on May 09, 2014, 11:36:43 AM
Hello everybody!
VERY GREAT JOB TO ALL YOU GUYS!!!!

I have a question: I'm still using ML 5D3-1.1.3. version, waiting to upgrade to 1.2.3. firmware because it is an irreversible upgrade.
Do the 1.2.3. version including all the features of 1.1.3. version?
Thank you,
Lorenzo

Despite what Canon says, it is NOT an irreversible upgrade. Myself and many others have upgraded and downgraded between 1.1.3 and 1.2.3 many times. To downgrade just flash the Canon 1.1.3 firmware over 1.2.3 like you normally would.

The codebase for both ML versions is virtually the same, the only differences in functionality are listed in the first post of this thread.
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

lureb74

Ah ok!
So, what about the bootflag question? if I upgrade to 1.2.3., it will solve it? And if I downgrade back to 1.1.3., what append?

Synthcopado

Quote from: lureb74 on May 09, 2014, 11:52:09 AM
Ah ok!
So, what about the bootflag question? if I upgrade to 1.2.3., it will solve it? And if I downgrade back to 1.1.3., what append?

Read Read Read :)
Magic!!!

applewide

update

i am using latest ml

- sound is working
- 1920x1080 is working raw version 2
- using lexar 32gb 1000x

if i use komputerbay 1060x 128gb, it will not work for this mode, i returned it already

will buy lexar from now on, the VDO is superb quality

ss300000

:) :) :)Thanks to everyone who made it possible!

8) 8)

vovkinson

applewide

2014-05-07 05:01:01 +0700

this build has a problem with beeping, please have a look

when i press test ok it works

but when i press record it doesn't make the beep sound

MC

Hello everyone...I'm sorry if this has been answered already but am a little stuck with this!

Just bought my 5d mkiii...and installed the 'Charlie Locke' version from post Reply #807...however I have deiced to use the latest version.

I'm confused by a few things though, and hopefully someone on here can shed some light.

1. I cannot seem to uninstall it with the 'firmware update' method...it will update with the card in and says 'boot done' smiley face but doesn't load the page that says 'move the mode button to change boot'!!!
So I have decided to just put the new version on the disk and try to boot it from that...nothing happens just red loading light!
What am I missing as I put all the new files on the disk and have 1.3.1 firmware in...but it doesn't boot. Do I need to uninstall the previous ML first? If so...how do I do that if it doesn't let me do it with the firmware update?

This is very frustrating.

Thanks for any advice