Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans_Punk

Whilst on the discussion of REC trigger, is there any chance the the REC_KEY  feature will be enabled on the 5DIII 1.2.3 build in the near future? (it seems to be enabled for all other cameras) I would really appriciate the half shutter command to start/stop the video. (So I can make my own external button trigger input)

I imagine others would find it useful to help develop other external start/stop controlers - possibly being able to split the command to sync start audio recorders or hdmi recorders?

Already put this in feature requests a few weeks back, but without any response. I wondered if there is a technical reason why the 5D3 is the only camera that has no rec_key options within ML?

mixmastermike

@ hans_punk & @ rigs

I will have a look at the specific builds and try a few out, I'm not sure exactly which ones they were, if i remember correctly I did have one build working. Then I had "threads failed" error message and yesterdays build didn't work at all. I'll do some digging to try and isolate what builds worked and post the results this weekend, Ill also try going back to 1.1.3 and report the findings there. 

unfilmde

Quote from: a1ex on March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM
It's out!

Installation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware 1.2.3.
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

Can this be a separate SD card and not the CF card you are shooting to, or does the ML firmware have to be on the shooting CF card. If it can be a separate SD card is there a speed requirement for the SD card?

Is there somewhere I can find out this information?

elarturex

Need help please. First time user of 5D Mark III. So i am here https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/branch/5D3-123 but how or where do I download the files that I need to install in my CF card? is there like a zip file that contains everything? Thanks a lot!

unfilmde

@elarturex

Got to the first page of this post. "It's out" is the link. Click it to got to the download page.

elarturex

templar

hi there,
thank you for the new build. it's nice to see, that some people invest so much time into this and we can profit from it!

just switched from 1.1.3 to 1.2.3

after a quick test I have now .RAW files instead of .MLV files

Could someone tell me why and what the difference between these formats is?

thanks guys

Walter Schulz

guyallan

hi there
I ve just install yesterday the 1.2.3 on my canon mark iii
Fist I didn't find the M menu, then when I go to the 0110 menu I click on show module
I have instead of the M menu a triangle but no raw record option anywhere

somebody can help me?
thx!

Walter Schulz

Tab left to 0110.
Set RAW_REC.MO or MLV_REC.MO to ON, restart cam, access movie tab, enable RAW and configure it's options.

guyallan

I have no raw rec mo or mlv rec in the 0110 menu

i have:

modules debug
memory browser
screenshot 10s
sump rom
don't click me
burn in tests
benchmarks
show tasks
show cpu
show gui vets
show edmac

Walter Schulz

Tab left to 0110.

<-
0110 -> i

Ciao
Walter (BPSG)

guyallan

ok I understand
it works
thanks a lot !

rlajos

Can somebody inform is there a chance to change the live HDMI output resolution/mode from original 1080i50 with help of Magic Lantern to 1080p50?

Thanks,

templar

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 18, 2014, 11:15:12 PM
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.msg59525#msg59525
-> Some technical facts

Ok so the MLV is the newer format with more features/info. So it hasn't yet merged into the 1.2.3 version? Or can you select the format?
thanks

pv25pv

its in the 1.2.3...load MLV module,restart and rec in MLV format (same with RAW module if u wanna rec in RAW)
5Dmk3
24-105mm f/4L _ 16-35mm f/2.8L II _ 50mm f/1.4 _ TS-E 90mm f/2.8 _ Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX

osk33no

do you know why my files have .mlv at the end instead of raw

Stedda

Quote from: osk33no on April 20, 2014, 06:05:50 AM

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.0

First post has everything you need to read up...
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

budafilms

Quote from: osk33no on April 20, 2014, 06:05:50 AM

The old way to get RAW, the first development was .RAW (you have that module too).
The last, with more advantages, is .MLV that include RAW and a lot of information to get more benefits. And right now is in development too.

.RAW doesn't have Audio.
.MLV yes, putting an audio Module.

Depends your OS, you should find a way to convert MLV to DNG.

Take a look in the beginning of the post.

Hope this help you.

Good Lantern!

Pierluca72

By the way, in this new 1.2.3 I get a lot of fail notification on the camera screen using MLV. It is not skipping frame or the recording would stop by the settings. Nothing that I can notice when I actually watch the clips, apart from other notifications when I convert the MLV to dng in mac, saying unknown block, skipping block.... The exact message on the camera screen is: FAILED queue: (number)failed: (number) required.

DjJuvan

how is progressing 1.2.3 version of ML? Is it any close to what is on 1.1.3 ? And if anyone has any experience with eye-fi wifi card?

unfilmde

Thought I'd post again.

Can the ML 1.2.3 be on a separate SD card and not the CF card you are shooting to, or does the ML firmware have to be on the shooting CF card. If it can be a separate SD card is there a speed requirement for the SD card?

Is there somewhere I can find out this information?

Jakobmen

Question: there was a setting in firmware 1.1.3 that let me hold down play or menu or info when starting up to use custom settings.. forgot what its called.. is that in 1.2.3?
Canon 5D3

Jakobmen

thank you i want looking under user guide..  :)
Canon 5D3