Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gandhre1011

Walter Schulz

gandhre1011

I hve already install magic lantern for 1.2.3 but I did not get raw option for movie shoot... can anyone tell me??? Thnak you

Walter Schulz

You might want to take some time for reading FAQ, manuals and other messages in ML forums.
Access "Module" tab and load options as needed. Afterwards (and after restart) you are able to access those options.

gandhre1011

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 18, 2014, 07:32:04 PM
You might want to take some time for reading FAQ, manuals and other messages in ML forums.
Access "Module" tab and load options as needed. Afterwards (and after restart) you are able to access those options.
yea I read those... see d issue

Markus

Some issues/things not working with HDMI on this release (Tested with Zacuto EVF):
1. Start up with HDMI connected with manual lens lifts mirror but get stuck on manual lens warning message. If you just press canon menu button and step in and out of that menu you get rid of the message and camera displays live view with ml info.
2. Misalignment info bars are misaligned/too small check pictures: (The outer frame is generated by zacuto evf and markes the 16:9 recording area.)

This is with 3:2 setting
Was not able to make a internal screenshot of this misalignment with this version. However when i tried an earlier version of ML for 123 i got this misaligned screenshot. They seem to differ slightly and I'm not sure if the setting was 3:2 there as well...

Also had problems recording MLV passed 4gig on xfat card as other people reported. Is the larger than 4gig setting working correctly on this build? Seems suspicious that it stops there...

Walter Schulz

Walter Schulz

Wrong. You won't see this screen at all if RAW_rec.mo isn't loaded.

davidcl0nel

60D & 5D3

gandhre1011

While recoding it says..... bugz... n report.... angry....

Walter Schulz

You might want to surprise me and fill out a proper bug report. "Doesn't work" won't do.

KenshirouX

Ok, it has been a few days since the release of this update.  Is it worth updating to 1.2.3 from 1.1.3.NEXT.ML? Anything that I should be careful about if I do update?  Is continuous RAW recording working?

pheu

Quote from: KenshirouX on March 19, 2014, 11:53:20 AM
Ok, it has been a few days since the release of this update.  Is it worth updating to 1.2.3 from 1.1.3.NEXT.ML? Anything that I should be careful about if I do update?  Is continuous RAW recording working?

I did two full 64 lexar 1000x cards with MK III and got no problem at all with raw_rec. Extracted with rawmagic, used a AF lens (so can't tell about the MF bug up there) and finished on resolve. I could say it's pretty stable, but do not forget to make tests by yourself to see if it works on you setup.

4+ GB's archives on ExFat is working fine too. I saw there were something with mlv_rec, but raw_rec is fine here. Didn't tested with mlv, gonna do it today.

What I could say is: When in mirror mode and external monitor ON, the ML display go OFF. It would be nice to have it on LCD and triggered in some way to get on external monitor, like half way shutter or some other way.

But hey, the fact i can now shoot raw with LCD + monitor is just awesome and I know things are gonna keep getting better.

Tell me if there's anything i could do to help you with this new build. I don't know if I'm ready to get back on coding, but I'm getting tempted to and want to help out.

Thanks again!

jCurve

TREAD CAREFULLY

Don't Know about anyone else but I had a horrible experience with this. As soon as I installed i got big greenish banding rolling through my images and a lot of solarisation. Uninstall alone didn't help. I had to Re-install 1.2.3 from Canons site and thank christ it worked because i was freaking out.

If anyone has had this or knows of something i may have done wrong  to cause it then i'm all ears.

J

ted ramasola

Quote from: jCurve on March 20, 2014, 03:30:03 AM
TREAD CAREFULLY

Don't Know about anyone else but I had a horrible experience with this. As soon as I installed i got big greenish banding rolling through my images and a lot of solarisation. Uninstall alone didn't help. I had to Re-install 1.2.3 from Canons site and thank christ it worked because i was freaking out.

If anyone has had this or knows of something i may have done wrong  to cause it then i'm all ears.

J

so which nightly build did you use? Provide informative details so the devs can troubleshoot bugs.
There is a reason why its called "bleeding edge" because it offers new features and it comes with risks when you are willing to test these builds.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

jCurve

Quote from: ted ramasola on March 20, 2014, 04:06:19 AM
so which nightly build did you use? Provide informative details so the devs can troubleshoot bugs.
There is a reason why its called "bleeding edge" because it offers new features and it comes with risks when you are willing to test these builds.

Yep, right you are. the build was the latest provided from the link at the top of this thread: Latest Build
Built on: 2014-03-17 20:56:54 +1000
Changeset: 48e7ddebc1b9

installed as instructed:

Format card in Camera
Copy files to Card
re insert card to camera and update firmware: Restart Camera.

Here is a quick video of the ensuing result excuse the riveting content:

ted ramasola

1.if you shoot outdoors or under a different light source is that banding still there?

2.if you change your shutter speed between 48/50 to 60 or another is that still there and does the banding behavior change when you change the speed?

3.if you do an in-camera preview of your footage is this banding present?

4. is this raw or h264?

this looks similar to an out of sync issue when shooting under florescent light when your voltage is 220 60cycles and your using 48 or 50 shutter.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

jCurve

Quote from: ted ramasola on March 20, 2014, 05:11:36 AM
this looks similar to an out of sync issue when shooting under florescent light when your voltage is 220 60cycles and your using 48 or 50 shutter.

That was my first thought as the banding is rolling. it's similar to the phasing issue you often get with refresh rates on screens etc or as you say different cycles. takes me back to my film days

The footage is h.264 and i did try varying the shutter speed to no avail.

Banding was still there under a different light source.

To be honest i didn't spend too much time pushing the tests because i didn't know whether it was a sensor issue and none of the usual tests were resolving it. Not to mention when i was bracketing exposure during some tests the images were completely solarised when the lens was wide open so.... um yeah.

I've only just started venturing into the DSLR side of things due to client demand. usually i shoot with Arri Alexa's, Reds or Sony F5's/55's so i'm open to any advice on optimal use of these cameras.

I'm thinking about giving the install another go but obviously cautious.

Only other things i can think of that may have messed up the install was the use of a micro SD in an adaptor but that really shouldn't hurt or maybe i put the wrong files on the card. I put all the files in the nightly build folder on the card. The Autoexec.bin, the ML folder and the .fir file. To be clear i put the files in the 'Magiclantern-Nightly' folder on the card not the 'Magiclantern-Nightly' folder containing the files.

Any Red flags there.

It really looks like some kind of phasing issue to me which means hopefully the sensor is safe to do some more extensive testing with but who knows...

jCurve

Took a gamble. did a re-install and it worked :) don't know what that was all about but all seems good now.

J

a1ex

It's normal, you have been bitten by the laws of physics (shutter speed or FPS out of sync with artificial lighting).

budafilms

a1ex, gave us a little more medicine, and expand this phrase: "coming soon: a lot of stuff, including a real sensor upgrade"
8)

Walter Schulz

a1ex, please don't! Release date 1. April, please, just for fun!

eyeland

Should we post testing feedback in this thread or in the original 1.2.3 thread or in the nightly thread frfrom now on?
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

budafilms