Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kryd

Did anyone know is this a feature or a bug?.
When the "Zoom on HalfShutter" option is enabled, it also affect the SET button.
Pressing SET button also zooms.

Or maybe I just missed some setting?

Jinforthewin

Just got a 5d3 and wanting to explore ML. Current firmware is 1.3.4. Is there a stable release for it right now? 

Anntria

Question: how to record sound with this build?
Only with external sound recorder?
If so then how to mix it with footage? Are there any time codes options?

Please share how you guys handle with this.

lostfeliz

I'm hoping that we'll get MLV Sound module working with the new experimental builds soon. It'd be very helpful for synching a day's worth of footage (and for back up sound). It sounds like for now they have other priorities.

One possible option for timecode with external sound recording would be the Sound Devices MixPre-3 that was recently announced. It accepts HDMI to get timecode. Not sure if it works with the 5Diii's HDMI output though.

erikbaldwinson

I agree about the sound. In my opinion the lack of sound integration is the most significant short-coming of magic lantern. I record the h264 proxies but they require syncing to the mlvs in post and it is exhausting.

Maybe a funding situation can be organized or something to basically achieve synced sound asap. Then plural eyes can do the rest for external recorders.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: erikbaldwinson on May 24, 2017, 10:04:43 AM
Maybe a funding situation can be organized

AWGTHTGTTA?
You will most likely kill the project doing so.

Ceterum censeo experimental build downloads esse delendam.

Kharak

I am having problems updating to fir 123 from 113

I followed canon instructions, but i keep hitting a wall.

I am obviously doing something wrong but i dont know what. Iremove ML from SD card, place fir 123 file on the SD card and insert the card in camera. The camera is completely dead after this, on/off does nothing, photo mode or liveview aswell. Also when inserting the sd card not even a LED blink. Also without any cards in camera, it remains dead. I have to reinstate the apr 29 build for 113 on the sd card and that brings back the camera to life and everything works as before.

I reseted canon and ml settings (lost my PP's :( ) same thing, camera dies.

Any advice on what i am doing wrong?

once you go raw you never go back

rpt

I have never used 113 ver of ML. I use 123. When I updated from 121 to 123, I uninstalled the 121 version and then installed the 123 version. From your description I am not sure if you uninstalled the 113 version prior to removing the card.

Kharak

How do i go about uninstalling firmware? Sounds a bit wrong.

I am sure i've read that people just updated from 113 to 123. But removing ML properly from the camera might be my issue, which i am not sure how to perform.

Ben_

I used to use ML over two years ago, but removed it as it was quite buggy, especially when filming, so I would not dare using it on the job. I know these types of questions are usually frowned upon but just want to check if it is more stable today?

Have been following the thread on and off but not read every message the past two years. Really want to give it a shot again as the features are amazing and just want to see what has happened in the stability department since before.

Kharak

So stupid, should have read the ML User Guide.

I didn't format the Card before putting the 123 fir file on. That's why it didn't work.

Sundaramkm

i am new here, is there a ML for 5D3 Firmware 1.3.3?

unfilmde

Quote from: Sundaramkm on July 11, 2017, 12:29:11 PM

No.  You have to downgrade with the EOS Utility to 1.2.3 or 1.1.3.

dfort

Quote from: Sundaramkm on July 11, 2017, 12:29:11 PM

Actually, there is. @chris_overseas did one and it is still available on his bitbucket repository. I used it as a reference for a 5D3.134 update. Note that these are experimental and have issues. If you can't compile and help debug then it would be best to downgrade your Canon firmware to 123 or 113. You need to use EOS Utility. I wrote a tutorial on how to do it.

jimiz

HI...actualy last nightly build x 5d3 (123)  is of 1 August

Latest Build (2017-08-01 00:12)

any body know IF this version fo ML have inside also the Crop mode recording (crop_rec)
from the last (old)  experimental Latest Build (2017-03-21 00:22)??

5D3-123

djordje.janjic29

Why I don't have focus patterns option? I really love to have horizontal control.

Fraserm3

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install ML for the first time.
I am on a mac and it won't let me unzip the Autoexec.bin file.  It just keeps giving me an new file to unzip
Any suggestions?

Cheers

Slavenko

Hi, when i start to record my cropmark and eveything is disappeared from my canon LCD. Why, can someone help me?

unfilmde

Quote from: Fraserm3 on September 13, 2017, 07:44:12 AM
Hi Guys,

I am trying to install ML for the first time.
I am on a mac and it won't let me unzip the Autoexec.bin file.  It just keeps giving me an new file to unzip
Any suggestions?

Cheers

Don't unzip that file.  It should live as is at the root of the card.

IacopoN

Hello, I just in installed Magic Lantern for the first time on my 5D Mark III.
Everything's ok, but I can't find the RAW_Rec modules. Any help?

Thank you!!

Walter Schulz

RAW_REC.mo no longer supported in nightly builds. Replaced by MLV_lite.mo.
See linked threads in Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Features -> Modules

mhimhi

Hello!!
Does anybody knows where i can find the 1.2.3 firmware?  this link doesn't work! http://pel.hu/down/eos5d3-v123-win.zip

dfort

Looks like Pelican's website is down. I've got several Canon firmware updaters in my Bitbucket downloads page -- look for the one named "5D3 Canon Firmware for Testers.zip"

Lucky Luke

Help, my HD broke and now I am searching for 5d3 firmware 1.2.3.
Can anybody help me with a link?

Thx to community and unknown friendships.

Archie

dfort

Hey Archie -- read the posts just above your post and you'll get your answer.