Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audionut

Quote from: eyeland on March 20, 2014, 09:14:08 AM
Should we post testing feedback in this thread or in the original 1.2.3 thread or in the nightly thread frfrom now on?

This thread please.

Walter, so mean!  :D

davidcovo

Great Work, Congrats to the ML team! The world is a better place with them in it.
When do you think we will be able to have a stable version of the 5D III ML 1.2.3?

ted ramasola

Quote from: davidcovo on March 20, 2014, 10:11:24 PM
When do you think we will be able to have a stable version of the 5D III ML 1.2.3?

Trust me.. this is a question you do not want to ask around here... ;D

Just keep track of the threads as these are work in progress, especially the new port like this. OR you can do your part and give feedback and bug reports with your own testing.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

KenshirouX

Quote from: budafilms on March 20, 2014, 08:46:20 AM
a1ex, gave us a little more medicine, and expand this phrase: "coming soon: a lot of stuff, including a real sensor upgrade"
8)

Huh?  Did I miss something? Will there be another major update within 2 weeks? Should I really wait for that instead of updating to last Monday's update?  Don't rattle my chains with mystic codes, my friend.

Walter Schulz

Teasers are called that for a reason.
You can read about release dates in FAQ, last question.

LEVISDAVIS

"coming soon: a lot of stuff, including a real sensor upgrade"

:o
Levi S. Davis

budafilms

a) I did lot of shots using .RAW
b) The problem start when I put OFF RAW - restart - and Use .mov for a long interview.
c) I put .RAW again, restart.
d) After that shot, the colours of videos appear divide for yellow, green, like a Warhol paint, with out TOO MUCH details.
RESTART. Skipping frames. Restart, Memory Hack On. Global Draw Off. And REC in that conditions.

If you want some file or log, tell me where I can find it you in my card and I send you.

For video lovers:
This is the final video, 1.2.3 with out kaos shoots. Interview in H264. Enjoy
https://vimeo.com/89693948

pv25pv

Quote from: budafilms on March 21, 2014, 06:08:37 PM
a) I did lot of shots using .RAW
b) The problem start when I put OFF RAW - restart - and Use .mov for a long interview.
c) I put .RAW again, restart.
d) After that shot, the colours of videos appear divide for yellow, green, like a Warhol paint, with out TOO MUCH details.
RESTART. Skipping frames. Restart, Memory Hack On. Global Draw Off. And REC in that conditions.
so the problem appears with the RAW files (the 2nd time after switching from h.264 to RAW again)?
have you gone through your steps again and had same result?
what does the frame looks like ? (upload a pic if you can plz)
5Dmk3
24-105mm f/4L _ 16-35mm f/2.8L II _ 50mm f/1.4 _ TS-E 90mm f/2.8 _ Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX

SashaSolitaire

Wanted to chime in and say Thanks to everyone on the ML team who contributed to the port. I have successfully loaded this on to my 5DM3, and am reaping the full benefits of focus peaking on manual lenses for video :-)

Sasha

Sergey Pylypenko

ML v123 working great. Installation - piece of cake,  THANKS A LOT!
x3 (2560x1072) is up to 60sec (more then enough for one shoot), comparing to v113 - about 30sec at most.
I'm not sure if it is bug or not. I think everyone has it:
   when in x3 mode, second frame is pink (no image) and the tenth frame is a couple stops overexposed (in v113 the seventh frame was overexposed in x3). Thus ten frames in 2560x1072 are not usable. As for the rest - v123 is much more stable then v113 TO ME.
Great stuff.  Feels like there is no limits there for ML team.

Canon eos m

Help help! I recorded both mlv and raw with my 5D3 on Lexar 1000x and Sandisk 1066x but the video ariel all black and won't open. They look fine on the mlv player on the camera though. Using mlv viewer to open the videos on my windows PC. ::)
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

kevw8504

I recorded some footage ALL-I format and the clips playback just fine on the camera but when i bring them into the computer there errors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can play all the clips perfectly in the camera its pixelated across the bottom.

jafa

Quote from: Sergey Pylypenko on March 22, 2014, 01:23:22 AM
ML v123 working great. Installation - piece of cake,  THANKS A LOT!
x3 (2560x1072) is up to 60sec (more then enough for one shoot), comparing to v113 - about 30sec at most.
I'm not sure if it is bug or not. I think everyone has it:
   when in x3 mode, second frame is pink (no image) and the tenth frame is a couple stops overexposed (in v113 the seventh frame was overexposed in x3). Thus ten frames in 2560x1072 are not usable. As for the rest - v123 is much more stable then v113 TO ME.
Great stuff.  Feels like there is no limits there for ML team.

Could I ask what settings you are using to record 5x zoom 2560x1072 , ie-aspect ratio , fps , fps override ? and what type of card and its specs as the best I can get so far on my Komuterbay 64gb 1000x at 5xzoom is 2240x938 continuous record at 25 fps in plain old raw.

Canon eos m

Quote from: Canon eos m on March 22, 2014, 01:31:48 AM
Help help! I recorded both mlv and raw with my 5D3 on Lexar 1000x and Sandisk 1066x but the video ariel all black and won't open. They look fine on the mlv player on the camera though. Using mlv viewer to open the videos on my windows PC. ::)

Edit: Figured it out. For some reason MLV convertor / MLV viewer were not able to read files straight from the CF card. Brought the files on the HDD and am now back sailing :-)
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

camagna

Can I ask a stupid question? Why no more nightly builds after March 17?

nanomad

It's smart. There have been no changes in that branch so it won't build anything
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Okello

Hello,

Yesterday I went out and did some test. To be honest, it was a terrible day (windy and cloudy) I didn't have any luck getting the shots that I was looking for to share. Nevertheless, whilst post processing my shabby shots, I came across a few takes that were green/black and the rest were fine.

http://s27.postimg.org/fhtkkobxv/green_vid.jpg

I shot with,

5D Mark Free
Canon 100mm F2.8L Macro
Komputerbay 64 1000x
Magic Lantern settings: MLV Raw record, sound enabled, 1920 x 1038 (1.85.1) aspect ratio, all the hacks on.

Ps - I also noticed an increased in digital noise when filming indoor, this could be because my scene was not lit properly as I was just using my light bulb.

I am not worried or panicking, I am just reporting a bug. However, I would like to know if I got some settings wrong.

regards

Okello

Okello

kontrakatze

Hi,
I'm new to this board, although I read it quite a while. I hope I don't do anything wrong here.
I have a 5d Mark III with 1.2.3 installed and wanted to give some feedback.

Nightly 2014 Mar 17
+/- Tab ExpSim toggle on/off is shown but can not be selected
+/- Tab pressing SET instead of Q to enter values activates LifeView with ML Menues printed on top (you can still scroll), another SET and you are back.
colors differ slightliy between raw_rec and mlv_rec using mlvmystic (might be mlvmystic?)
"Auto power off" is often set to 2 minutes again after reboot.

But anyway, a great job!

Regards,
kontrakatze

shifty303

Thank you to everyone who puts all of the work on this! I was one of the ones who waited for the bootflag issue to be resolved before moving passed Alpha 3.

I used the build from 3/17/14 last night at a concert. I didn't get to try much video and only used liveview for a few minutes tops. I noticed the battery seems to drain much faster now than with the Alpha 3 build even though I was not using ML features most of the time.

I'm not sure if this is to be expected but I thought I would post it up. I'll be working with video tonight at a show so I'll get to test much better.
5D Mark III, EOS 6D, 50mm f/1.4, 16-35mm f/2.8L, 24-105mm f/4L, 85mm f/1.4

csound

Quote from: Okello on March 22, 2014, 01:40:50 PM

Yesterday I went out and did some test. To be honest, it was a terrible day (windy and cloudy) I didn't have any luck getting the shots that I was looking for to share. Nevertheless, whilst post processing my shabby shots, I came across a few takes that were green/black and the rest were fine.

Also getting some clips with dark green/black images with march 17 build but most ok.. big bug in there somewhere :-X :0

budafilms

Quote from: pv25pv on March 21, 2014, 06:31:42 PM
so the problem appears with the RAW files (the 2nd time after switching from h.264 to RAW again)?
have you gone through your steps again and had same result?
what does the frame looks like ? (upload a pic if you can plz)

Yes, I repeat the process and ML loose something in the color balance when you shoot H264 and return to shoot .RAW
And start to skip frames.
You have to take off the battery and start again.
The problem is you can't see if every shoot are fine.

this is an example
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1s7bkhonqh8v1h/fotogramachoto.tiff

Sergey Pylypenko

Quote from: jafa on March 22, 2014, 10:38:38 AM
Could I ask what settings you are using to record 5x zoom 2560x1072 , ie-aspect ratio , fps , fps override ? and what type of card and its specs as the best I can get so far on my Komuterbay 64gb 1000x at 5xzoom is 2240x938 continuous record at 25 fps in plain old raw.

Sure,  all extra Canon settings are OFF, as advised by ML 'best settings for raw recording'.
Highlights are ON, Global Draw all ON, Preview Hacked, Memory Hacks ON, Ratio - 2.39:1, 2560x1072, 24.000fps - maximum that I am able to film practically. Bigger then that resolutions gives just a few secs, which is not suitable for me.  2240x938 goes smooth continuously, but 2560x1072 gives more coverage on sensor with 45-60 seconds of filming, depends on sensor temperature, which is more then enough for normal shooting.  I use TRANSCEND 1000x, 128GB.

jafa

Thanks for that Sergey , ill give those settings a try later and see if I can eek that little bit more out of mine.

Cheers
jafa