ACR 8.4 x VISIONLOG? Help

Started by WeekendWarrior, March 15, 2014, 11:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeekendWarrior

Has anyone had any success getting VISIONLOG to work on ACR 8.4? Even with the folders in the correct places, I cannot get the VISIONLOG to show up or work inside 8.4 anywhere.. If it's not possible, does anyone have suggestions on how to get back to ACR 7 without having to completely uninstall-reinstall the cs6 series? This would be a big help, thanks.

simulacro

Maybe this is what you are looking for? (changing the camera profile process)

WeekendWarrior

VisionLOG Still doesn't show up after selecting either of those.

tristanhood

u find the visionlog under: CAMERA PROFILE
NOT under camera calibration :)

Andy600

The DNG conversion process may differ slightly in 8.4 (new tags etc) so only raw files converted with the latest DNG converter will work. This is not the final release version so devs will wait to see the final format before integrating the changes if and where needed.

You should be able to roll-back to an earlier ACR from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

WeekendWarrior

Thanks Andy, I was able to find an older ACR but upon installing and opening ACR, it still says its using 8.4 beta up top, how can I get around this? Thanks

Andy600

Quote from: WeekendWarrior on March 16, 2014, 05:40:50 PM
Thanks Andy, I was able to find an older ACR but upon installing and opening ACR, it still says its using 8.4 beta up top, how can I get around this? Thanks

Can you try uninstalling ACR completely before installing an older version? You may have to do some registry digging if you're on a Windows system. I haven't actually tried uninstalling ACR independently so it may not be possible without a re-install of the whole suite.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

WeekendWarrior

I'm on a Mac, and I have no clue how to uninstall just ACR. I've considered uninstalling and reinstalling everything but with all the plugins I have in photoshop and after effects it would be a hassle.. And what if after I was still stuck with 8.4? Worries me a bit

Andy600

ACR is a plugin so you should be able to find and delete it before installing a stand-alone updater from the link I posted.

This is for an older version but there are tips that may help: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4521 ;)

WeekendWarrior

Ok Andy I was able to find that plugin and erase it, but now upon installing the older version I'm getting an error (Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7).
Anywhere I can find that old camera 7.1 plugin and just drop it in that file to replace the newer one?

Thanks a bunch

Andy600

Sounds like it's tied to the main installer: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cs6-updates-dont-install.html

You may need to reinstall unless you can extract the plugin from the installer :-\

WeekendWarrior

I'm doing just that, wish me luck. And I appreciate your help, thanks.

WeekendWarrior

After a complete reinstall of CS6 I was able to get everything running smooth again.. Won't be trying to update ACR for a while now! Thanks for all the help Andy