Hdr Bracketing: First exposure over 30 seconds impossible? 5D mark iii

Started by mlguest, July 06, 2014, 10:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlguest

Hello folks,
here is my newbie question.
I use Ml only for photography.  When I start a Hdr sequence with the HD bracketing function of Ml,  sometimes I need a exposure from more than 30 seconds for the first shot. But the exposure measurement seems limited to 30 seconds for the first shot of the sequence even with Ml. I thought that ML can make an override on my 5D Mark III with Firmware 1.2.3. so that I can use exposure metering over 30 seconds.
I am using the ML nightly build from 01.07.2014. The camera is set to M mode.
Maybe I am just missing something or doing it wrong?

brapodam

Quote from: mlguest on July 06, 2014, 10:44:23 AM
Hello folks,
here is my newbie question.
I use Ml only for photography.  When I start a Hdr sequence with the HD bracketing function of Ml,  sometimes I need a exposure from more than 30 seconds for the first shot. But the exposure measurement seems limited to 30 seconds for the first shot of the sequence even with Ml. I thought that ML can make an override on my 5D Mark III with Firmware 1.2.3. so that I can use exposure metering over 30 seconds.
I am using the ML nightly build from 01.07.2014. The camera is set to M mode.
Maybe I am just missing something or doing it wrong?
I haven't tried it, but I think bulb mode should work (use ML bulb timer along with it)

mlguest

Thank you for your answer. Of course Bulb mode works  for longer timings.  But in bulb mode you can not measure the exposure with the cam.
I was thinking of a exact exposure measurement over 30 seconds with the cam.