Someone here using a Duracell 32GB CF (600X Pro Photo)?

Started by jose_ugs, September 15, 2013, 10:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jose_ugs

I know it's not a 1000x, and i know it's a "Duracell" too, but i've seen somewhere much better speeds from the same card...

Anyone? Ideas?

Midphase

Are you sure you're testing the correct CF card and not the SD card?

PressureFM

Quote from: Midphase on September 17, 2013, 09:28:06 AM
Are you sure you're testing the correct CF card and not the SD card?

The 5D Mark II doesn't have a SD card slot ;)

Walter Schulz

If you have a decent cardreader (my recommendation: Kingston FCR-HS3) and a fast interface inside your computer able to cope with the cardreaders performance:
Run a benchmark test with the card inserted in your cardreader and something like CrystalDiskMark (Windows only).
Seems like the card doesn't contain what's implied by the label.

Ciao, Walter

PS: Does Duracell produce flash memory by themself? I doubt.

jose_ugs

Yeah, 5DM2 doesn't have an SD, just the old CF...

@Walter, I did that already, and who knows why i didn't post it up :( I had speeds about 70MB/s using Pixelflash's CF cardreader...
Which made me post here on the first place, as i couldn't figure out what am i doing wrong...

PS: I believe the real company behind those Duracell CFs is Dane Elec :) No bells ringnin? :D Which i won't go after, the thing was, CrystalDiskMark gave me some numbers, i thought i could start messing with RAW on 720p, but... noup!

PressureFM

Weird, my Transcend 300x (45MB/s) 16GB cards allow me to record 1344 x 756 (40.5MB/s) with ease.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: jose_ugs on September 18, 2013, 09:49:05 AMi couldn't figure out what am i doing wrong...

Backup MAGIC.CFG, reset all ML settings to default and try again. Make sure Global Draw is off. Please post results here.

Ciao
Walter

jose_ugs

Hey Walter,
Here it is: magic.cfg backed up, reset, and Global Draw off!

Here's the benchmark on a laptop with USB3 ports:

walter_schulz

On vacation right now and using a temp account ...

Would you mind test it in photo mode?

@devs: ML benchmark seems to be hampered by some overhead. It has to be, of course, running as a task on top of the firmware. Is there a rule of thumb for this overhead in ML  benchmark modes?

Ciao, Walter

jose_ugs

jose_ugs

amirhtz

Hi
I have this problem with DELKIN DEVICES CF 625X, speed is around 20MB/s in ML Raw Shooting!!
Does anybody know where i can find solution to this problem?