Please help! 5DMK III RAW with ComputerBay 128gb 1050x

Started by galenoakes, March 14, 2014, 02:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galenoakes

I'm having some trouble being able to record videos in RAW for longer than 2-3 minutes on my 5D MK III. I've tried a bunch of different set-up's. Is there anyone out there that can offer any help. I'm about to leave on a trip and would be eternally grateful to anyone that could help me.

Thank you.

ChadMuffin

I have read that some people with the 126GB 1050x have been having some speed issues or some speed consistency issues. I personally have the 64GB 1000x and typically do not have any issues after the card is warm. I would run some test in camera regarding speed. You need a write speed about 83-89mb/s to record 1080p 24fps. You may need to the 64GB version... Or, record slightly smaller than 1080p or have a wider aspect ratio and then upscale it. In all reality, after I compress and upload to the web, you can hardly tell the difference if at all. Hope that helps.

galenoakes

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your reply. When I first start recording my write speed starts at 91/mbs, then it starts to go down and levels out at around 83/mbs..I've been able to record video for up to 10 minutes, but then when I bring it over to RAWmagic I'm not able to process the files. Do you have any suggestions here? I'm ok with what I'm getting now, but the fact that I can't process the RAW to cinemaDNG is very concerning.

ChadMuffin

There seems to have been quite a bit of changes with mlv2dng and mlv_dump. That programmer may not have included some of the latest updates. But, I don't know for sure. I would check out raw2cdng or the MLV to DNG Batch Conversion 1.9, lots of good stuff in that one and it seems like he will add cdng sometime soon.